Doctor in Dr Manisha's Sparshad Nursing Home
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Manisha's Sparshad Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
Not sure if there is anyone who is happy with their image - different people have different complaints. Fat thighs, fat upper arms, too thin legs, sagging breasts, pot belly, the list is just too long. While exercise and diet can be used to achieve overall fitness levels, they cannot produce the body shape that you have in mind (simulating your celebrity body part maybe). Almost all complaints revolve around the excess fat (in most cases) and about the quality of the skin.
However, there are various surgical methods which can produce results that are amazingly quick, effective, and safe.
Body contouring is usually done by removing excess fat deposits and skin from various parts of the body. The skin also gets tightened during the process, also reducing cellulite. While most women complain about thighs and hips, men complain about their stomach area. Some of the common body sculpting procedures includes:
- Arm lifts: With age, there is excessive fat accumulation and sagging of the upper arm, which can be corrected by removing excess fat. Contrarily, thin arms can be helped by using biceps implants.
- Tummy tucks: The excess skin and fat is removed from the tummy area and the muscles are tightened to produce a firmer look
- Thigh lift: Another common area of concern, the tone is improved by removing excess, loose skin.
- Pectoral implants: Can be used in men who desire muscular chests.
- Butt lifts and butt implants: These are used to alter the shape of the buttocks, either reducing it or firming it up.
In all these body contouring procedures, liposuction is the common technique.
Is it for you? If you are in overall good health with good thick and elastic skin, go for it. However, have realistic expectations by having a detailed discussion with the doctor. It will definitely help in fat removal, cellulite reduction, and skin tightening; however, the key is to set a common goal and work towards it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In order to have proper information about ovarian cysts, it is essential to discuss the anatomy of ovaries. These are basically a part of the female reproductive system and are located in the lower abdomen on the two sides of the uterus. The major functions of ovaries are production of eggs, oestrogen and progesterone hormones.
So what exactly are cysts? Cysts are fluid-filled sacks, which sometimes develop on the ovaries. These are usually painless, causing no such symptom and females develop a cyst at least once every year. However, there are various kinds of ovarian cysts like the dermoid cysts and endometrioma cysts. The most common kinds of cysts are usually the functional ones. The types of follicle cysts include the following:
- Follicle cyst: When the menstrual cycle starts, the egg grows in a sac, usually called follicle, which is located inside the ovary. In usual cases, the follicle breaks and the egg is released. However, there might be a case where the follicle may not break. In situations like these, the fluid present in the follicle may turn into cysts in the ovary.
- Corpus leuteum: After the egg is released into the uterus, the follicle ideally dissolves. However, in case the follicle does not dissolve, the excess liquid causes the developing of little sacs and these are the other kinds of cysts.
Most of these tumors are benign (non-cancerous) and never spread beyond the ovary. Benign tumors can be treated by removing either the ovary or the part of the ovary that contains the tumor.
Malignant (cancerous) or low malignant potential ovarian tumors can spread (metastasize) to other parts of the body and can be fatal.
There are some more types of cysts as well, which are as follows:
- Dermoid cyst: This is a sac-like growth, which occurs on the ovaries that can contain hair, fat or other tissues. They’re a type of ovarian germ cell tumor. Usually these tumors are benign, but occasionally they can be malignant.
- Endometriomas: These are those tissues, which should originally grow inside the uterus, but instead they attach themselves outside the uterus to the ovaries. This in turn results in cyst formation.
- Cystadenomas: These are basically non-cancerous growths that develop on the ovary surface.
Polycystic ovary syndrome
This is a condition that some women develop, a large number of small cysts form inside the ovaries, thereby causing the ovaries to enlarge. It is important that polycystic ovarian syndrome is treated soon because if left untreated for long, it may cause infertility in women. These cysts are usually not harmful, but they can cause the following:
- Hormonal imbalance, which may lead to acne or facial hair, may also cause individuals to stop ovulating or cause irregular periods
- Higher chance of getting diabetes as the body starts having insulin resistance
- Weight gain
This is not that big a deal and can be controlled easily. Also with healthy living and eating, this condition can be brought to normal. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The relationship between intelligence and brain size, both among people and between various species, has never been precisely well defined. People often believe that their outstanding psychological capacities must mean that they are superior to all animals as far as brain size is concerned. However, it is not true since whales and elephants have much bigger brains than humans and humans have the same brain-to-body mass proportion as mice do.
Here are a number of ways by which the brain size can be determined:
- Encephalization remainder: Since it would be against human instinct to admit loss and defeat, researchers have created a measure to determine the brain size called the encephalization remainder. It is the proportion of actual brain mass with respect to the anticipated cerebrum mass for the animal’s size (based on the suspicion that bigger animals require somewhat less brain matter with respect to their size, compared to little animals). By this metric, human beings prove to be the best, with an EQ of 7.5 outperforming the dolphin's 5.3 and the mouse's 0.5.
- IQ testing: Without a solitary and evident method for measuring intelligence, some improved tests like IQ (Intelligence Quotient) are by and large acknowledged as a moderately decent working device. IQ estimations are not without issues, and there is a great deal of criticism about their significance. IQ testing uses government sanctioned tests, for example, the WAIS–III (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale). The normal IQ is somewhere around 90 and 110. The scores beneath the normal may demonstrate changing degrees of pathology, for example, marginal intellectual function, or mental hindrance of different severity. Over the normal range is regularly connected with knowledge, splendour, talent, or genius. However, as with computers of a few eras, size and intellect do not precisely relate. Present day portable computers weighing around one or two kilogrammes can store more data and perform a greater number of assignments than supercomputers from the 1980s that used to possess expansive structures. This is a contrast amongst quantity and quality. Numerous scientists now hold the view that it is not the whole brain, which is bigger in a human with a higher IQ, yet rather certain zones that are denser and might be bigger. A fascinating late revelation is that these ranges can be expanded in size and enhanced in usefulness during the course of our life.
- NeuroplasticityIt refers to the dynamic procedure of repair and maintenance that our brains are continually experiencing. We are conceived with around hundred billion neurones, yet lose around two hundred thousand a day to a procedure called pruning. As we develop and grow, pathways in the brain that are not required are detached, and the neurones pass on. However, in a compensatory procedure, new neurones are delivered and more detailed associations are built up between neurones that are more dynamic. This is the procedure of de-cluttering, in which our brains develop to work at most extreme effectiveness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
An in vitro fertilisation procedure carried out to counter the problem of male infertility is Intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Male infertility factors include poor quality of sperm, low sperm counts, poor sperm movement or the disability to penetrate an egg. Azoospermia is one such rare condition wherein there is no sperm in the semen. Through this injection, a single sperm can be injected into the egg directly. The fertilised egg is placed into the woman’s uterus or the fallopian tubes. The first successful birth using this procedure was on January 1992 after the conception took place in April 1991.
Sperm can be collected from the male through masturbation. If this procedure somehow fails then sperm can be removed through a surgery. Using a small incision, sperm can be withdrawn from the testicle and is used in the procedure. If the ejaculation of sperm is prevented due to a blockage or if the problem arises in the development of the sperm, surgery method is used.
Injecting the sperm
This is performed through the following steps. A specialised pipette or a glass tube is used to hold the egg, a single sperm is picked with the help of a sharp and delicate needle, the needle is then inserted carefully into the cytoplasm of the egg through the egg shell, then the sperm gets injected into the cytoplasm and the eggs are checked to see whether they have been adequately fertilized.
After this process is done, eggs which are fertilised successfully are selected and placed into the uterus with the help of a catheter. The number of embryos an individual needs to transfer is determined depending on the age of the person and other health issues. For this purpose, a thorough full body check-up is carried out and the medical history is checked during the preliminary consultations.
Expectations from the treatment
The treatment of fertilisation using an Intracytoplasmic sperm injection can be demanding, both physically and mentally for the woman (mother). An individual has to go through regular shots and monitoring including blood tests. There are moments when the shots can be painful for the woman undergoing the procedure.
The reason behind the procedure
When a male is having severe infertility issues, the method of ICSI is helpful. There are times when very little sperm or no sperm ejaculation, the eggs can be fertilised through this procedure. Testing of an embryo for genetic problems is also accomplished through this procedure. When in vitro fertilisation or IVF does not work even after trying repeatedly, then couples can undergo the treatment using ICSI.
When ICSI is used along with better quality eggs, it is seen to be successful on many occasions. Especially for men who have sperm ejaculation issues. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Your mother has often yelled at you for playing video games for long hours, but obviously you haven’t paid heed to it. Such is the obsession with video games that they don’t let you rest unless you have championed all the levels in the virtual interface. Here is the source of all problems. Studies have revealed that video games have a direct relation to neuropsychiatric problems. As a result, many health experts across the world consider video game as a kind of health abuse.
People who play action-oriented video games are at higher risks. The more you indulge in these kinds of games, the more they are going to affect the hippocampus section of your brain. It is that part of the brain which is considered to be the centre of your nervous system, memory and emotion. Reduced hippocampus volume may make person vulnerable to multiple neuropsychiatric complications. Let us see some of the signs, which may indicate the onset of certain complications arising from an over indulgence in these games.
1. You spend hours on the computer or related gaming devices and devote lesser hours for your family and friends
2. You get agitated when someone stops you midway through the game
3. You become socially isolated and show signs of occasional mood swings
4. You are unable to keep a track of time once you start playing
5. You repeatedly neglect your studies, resulting in a dip in performance at school
Why does this happen?
All of the above signs indicate that sooner or later you might develop neurological problems. When you spend an excessive number of hours on playing and navigating through the games, the ‘hippocampus’ portion of your brain shows signs of decreased gray matter. As a result, the volume of the hippocampus shrinks, causing severe nerve related disorders such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression, and overall general stress.
One of the biggest reasons behind this is a lack of self-control. Most of the video games will encourage you to steal cars, run away after a theft and kill your enemies. Moreover, if you succeed, you are rewarded. This naturally unleashes a blatant urge for the gratification of all these awkward desires in your real life too. Hence, once you are encountered with the reality, you tend to show violent behavior. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes to you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
1. Prenatal care: As soon as you realize you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning and a number of other things that your doctor will prescribe.
2. Diet: You need to ensure two things that is you are eating enough for two people and everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
a. Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
b. Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
c. Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
d. A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
e. Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
f. Avoid eating unpasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food and smoked seafood.
g. While most vitamin requirements should be met through the diet, in some people, prenatal vitamins which provide the increased demands for folic acid.
3. Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
4. Exercise: Exercising during pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
a. Improved energy levels
b. Controls back pain
c. Improved sleep pattern
d. Improves constipation
e. Improves muscles strength and endurance
There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine.
5. Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby's health throughout pregnancy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Some people find it harder to lose weight as compared to others. Gastric sleeve surgery is a viable option for such people. This surgery involves reducing the size of the stomach to control the intake of food.
Here are 10 ways this surgery will affect you.
- You’ll need a special diet for the first few days: You will need to follow a special diet for 8 weeks after the surgery. This gives your stomach the time to heal properly. Normal food will have to be reintroduced slowly. However, alter, you can eat anything you like.
- You can eat lesser: You’ll find yourself taking smaller servings at all meals as your stomach is much smaller than it was. This does not mean that you’ll be able to eat more frequently. It simply means that you will eat a lot lesser. A smaller stomach also means that you will feel less hungry.
- Weight Loss: After a gastric sleeve surgery, patients typically lose up to 75% of their excess weight. In the first three months itself, you should see yourself lose up to 33% of excess body weight. Thus, it can help cure obesity and reduce your BMI.
- Resolution of obesity-related health issues: As your weight reduces, so does the impact of other diseases. Patients suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and sleep apnea report a large amount of improvement in their conditions after this surgery.
- Stronger joints: Excess weight puts additional pressure on your joints. This can cause joint pain and increase the wear and tear of joint cartilage. By reducing your weight, there is less pressure on your joints. Improved mobility and lesser knee pain are commonly experienced benefits.
- Lowered cancer risk: The risk of some types of cancer is associated with the patient’s weight. As a result of this surgery, the risk of colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer and endometrial cancer reduces by up to 33%.
- Improved fertility: Women with obesity of overweight issues typically find it difficult to conceive. A gastric sleeve surgery can improve these fertility rates. Studies have shown that more than 50% of the women who underwent this procedure could conceive a child successfully within the next year.
- Improved mental health: Your weight also affects your self-confidence. In many cases being overweight or obese contributes to depression. Undergoing this surgery can improve a patients’ self-image and relieve symptoms of depression, anxiety etc.
- Better sleep: Losing body fat makes it more comfortable to get a good night’s sleep. Weight loss also helps treat conditions such as sleep apnea that can keep you from sleeping restfully.
- Your weight loss will plateau after 2 years: As time passes, your stomach will begin to expand. Hence you may not see yourself losing too much weight after the first year. If you are not careful, you may begin to put on weight again after the 2nd or 3rd year.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cosmetic surgery is not restricted to the top half of your body. Today along with facelifts and breast implants, butt implants are also gaining popularity. This procedure is also known as gluteal augmentation. Butt implants are usually made of silicone. These soft, solid structures are implants under the gluteus maximus muscles and above the pelvic bone through an incision. The incision is typically made in the butt crease so that it is less noticeable. Here are a few others things you should know about butt implants:
- It is performed under anaesthesia: Butt implant surgery may be performed under local or general anaesthesia and usually takes anywhere between 2 to 7 hours. However, this procedure is usually an outpatient procedure and no hospitalisation is required.
- It takes time to recover: After the procedure, you will probably notice swelling and tenderness in the area. In most cases, the patient is advised to wear a compression garment for a few days after the surgery. This should resolve itself in about 4-6 weeks but complete recovery can take up to 8 months. This is because the tailbone muscles are cut during the procedure.
- The effects are permanent: Silicone implants can last a lifetime and hence the results of this surgery are permanent. With time the body’s natural tissues merge with the implant. However, in some cases, the implant may slip with time causing an asymmetrical appearance. This can be corrected through a follow-up surgery.
- Anyone can get a butt implant: Butt implants are typically used for people with a flat posterior, but you don’t necessarily need to have a skinny frame to undergo this procedure. Also, there are no size or weight limitations to getting the procedure.
- It is customisable: Butt implants can be customised to suit the person’s size and frame. A surgeon will typically take into account the shape of the patient’s pelvic bone and natural butt contours to create a butt implant that enhances the patient’s frame and does not look unnatural.
- There are risks: Complications are rare but possible with this surgery. Making an incision under the butt crease reduces its visibility but increases the risk of infections. There is also a risk of allergic reactions to anaesthesia. Other possible side effects include pain, discomfort, nerve damage and reduced sensitivity.
- They do not feel completely natural: Silicone butt implants may feel harder than normal tissue and at some angles may not look very natural remove these and post more of positive aspects.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!