Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Jitesh Shetty's Tvam Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Few treatments for skin rejuvenation and hair regrowth
Ever wondered how some celebrities never seem to age and look the same? Perhaps you began admiring them about a decade ago and you have started to look older and tired, but not them? When they smile, their skin and eyes have the same glow even today? Well, it is true that celebrities have access to a whole lot of cosmetic products, but the new thing doing the rounds is within them. Yes, it is their own blood, and hence the name 'vampire facelift' for the beauty treatment they undergo.
How it works: As we all know, the blood is what carries all the vital nutrients to all parts of the body. It has 3 main components in a fluid medium called the plasma. The 3 components are the red blood cells (giving it the red color), the white blood cells (the infection fighting ones), and the platelets (which contain clotting and growth factors). The vampire facelift uses the plasma of a person to produce a greater concentration of growth factors for the face. Blood is drawn from the person, centrifuged to remove the 3 cell types, and the remaining plasma-rich fluid (PRF) is injected into specific areas on the face depending on what the person wants to change hollow cheeks, wrinkles, aged graying skin, etc.
PRF was earlier used for injured people, especially athletes, to help them heal faster by providing a greater amount of growth factors and stem cells. However, cosmetic surgeons realized this could be used to improve facial appearance and consequently the vampire facelift became popular. It restores shape, improves skin tone and texture, rejuvenates the skin and promotes production of younger looking skin.
What is done:
- The patient and the surgeon have a detailed discussion on what the concerns are. There are various parameters which define a beautiful face including ratio of width of forehead to width of the lips. All these are considered and a decision is made as to what would produce the best appearance for the person.
- Dermal fillers containing hyaluronic acid may be used in some areas if required, to create beautiful shapes.
- Then, the PRF is extracted from the patient’s blood (giving it the name Vampire Facelift) to literally lift up areas of the face by injecting the multipotent stem cells into specific areas of the face.
- The new tissue could be a combination of collagen (for improved elasticity), fatty tissue (for smoothness), and younger blood vessels (for younger, glowing skin).
This facelift became popular about two decades ago and has many advocates like Kim Kardashian. It should be done 3 times with a break of 4 weeks in between, followed by an annual maintenance schedule. Sounds magical?? Talk to a cosmetic surgeon to know more.
Suffering from dark circles under your eyes? Here are effective therapies that can do wonders!
Are dark circles under the eyes caused due to stress, or is the stress about dark circles worrying you and making them further darker?! On a serious note though, there are definite cosmetic therapies that can help you get rid of the dark circles under your eyes. Dark circles can be caused by issues ranging from thin skin in the lower eyelids to poor circulation to pigment variations, and therefore the reason should be identified properly so that the treatment can be done accordingly.
For some people, poor blood flow to the eyes can be the reason for dark circles too.
- These people would benefit from using double pillows so that blood does not build up under the eyes. In the morning, a cold compress (a towel soaked in cold water) can be applied to narrow the blood vessels and reduce flow.
- Alternately, eye creams with caffeine can be used to narrow the blood vessels.
- Creams with Arnica which have anti-inflammatory properties are also beneficial in reducing the under-eye darkness.
- Creams with green tea or grape seed oil improve capillary wall thickness and thereby promote smoother flow of blood.
- Diet can be modified to include flavonol-rich chocolates and omega 3 fatty acid rich foods like walnuts and salmons.
A good under-eye moisturizing cream with glycerin, sodium hyaluronate, vitamin E, vitamin K can be used. These help in constricting veins and capillaries and also improve skin hydration. A yellow or gold-based concealer that reflects light should be used followed by translucent face powder. There are also minor surgical procedures offered to reduce the effect of dark circles. Read on to know more.
- Laser and/or skin resurfacing: Laser can be used to trigger the superficial layers to produce more collagen and improve overall skin quality.
- Use of dermal fillers: Hyaluronic acid can be injected into the skin under the eye bags. Where the skin is very thin, this will make the dark circles less visible, and the effect can last up to 2 years.
- Grafting fat particles: The fat can be grafted from another part of the body and injected under the eyelid. This again would reduce the effect of dark circles.
- Cheek lift: If you are having dark circles in addition to eye puffiness and deep nasolabial folds, a cheek lift is a good option. This will produce a more permanent solution to your dark circles.
- Blepharoplasty: The next invasive method is the eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty. The skin of the upper and lower eyelids and the skin around the eye are treated to reduce the effect of dark circles in this procedure.
While dark circles are definitely an issue, there are ways to manage this effectively. A word of caution though, all these can be undertaken only after you engage in a detailed discussion with your dermatologist.
It is perhaps impossible to find a woman who doesn’t imagine her face without the freckles when she looks into the mirror. Though they may be called 'kisses from the sun', every woman would love to kiss those freckles goodbye. With many advances in cosmetic procedures, the good news is that you can completely get rid of your freckles and say hello to a perfect face. Read on to know more about what freckles are and how they can be managed.
What are they?
The skin contains a pigment called melanin which is responsible for the skin color. So, higher the melanin concentration, darker will be the complexion. In some people, however, based on genetic background, there can be areas of concentrated melanin deposits which become visible in an unbecoming manner, especially in fair complexioned people. These deposits are known as freckles or ephelis, which appear as light brown or flat black spots. The freckle formation is aggravated by exposure to sun, especially before the age of 18, and can be dormant during winter months. Exposure to UV-B light in particular has shown to increase melanin formation, making the freckles more prominent and darker. Though found usually on the face, areas like the neck, shoulder, and hands can also be affected – completely depending on sun exposure.
How to get rid of them?
Treatment is a two-pronged approach for freckles that is prevention and treatment. As mentioned above, freckles have a direct correlation to sun exposure. Avoiding sun and using maximum sun protection is the best way to avoid freckles, if you have a genetic predisposition. Avoid going out in the sun without using sun protection. A good sunscreen lotion with an SPF of at least 20, a wide-brimmed hat, a scarf, sunglasses are all essential when you head outside.
If the damage is already done, then laser treatments are a great way to deal with freckles. Here is how it works:
- After thoroughly cleansing the face, the eyes are covered and a thin layer of cooling gel is applied on the face.
- The face is cooled by using a cooling device. A laser light is then applied in a series of short pulses on specific areas of skin where freckles are concentrated.
- The melanin deposits in the freckles then break down without affecting the surrounding area.
- A post-treatment laser cream and sunblock is then applied, and the entire procedure does not take more than 45 minutes.
The success rate of treating freckles with laser is quite high, leading to a freckle free face within a few months. Multiple sessions may be required depending on the age of the freckles, the size, the type and the color. Darker freckles will require more intense therapy naturally. In most people, 4 to 5 sessions with break of 3 to 4 weeks in between are generally required. Consult a dermatologist today to find out if your freckles can be vanquished using this magical beam of light.
Chehre ke gadde (pores on face) are a very common skin problem that almost everyone faces at some point in their life. A notorious beauty detractor, they can also lead to other skin problems like acne and pimples. So, it is very important to know about the reasons (kaaran) that lead to these pores (gadde).
- Heavy exposure to sun: Dhoop me jyada nikalne se ya der tak rehne se skin me maujud collagen ko nuksan hota hai jis se skin ki elasticity (lachilapan) kamzor hoti hai aur gadde banne lagte hai. So, avoid long exposure and cover your skin when going out in sun. Apply adequate sunscreen of requisite SPF degree to avoid the damage. If it gets tanned or burnt, try yoghurt, aloe vera or cucumber juice to fix the damage. In case of extensive damage, consult a doctor.
- Aging: Umar badhne ke saath skin ka lachilapan kam hone lagta hai jis se gadde bante hai aur dikhne bhi lagte hai. So, take care of your skin and get regular cleansing and moisturizing to keep it nourished. You can try homemade masks or go for skin treatment in a salon twice a month or once a week, according to your age and skin condition.
- Genetics: Vanshanugat (hereditary) kaaran bhi gadde hone ne ki wajah hai kuyki kisi ki skin ki pores naturally bade hote hai. Sadly, it is beyond control, but to combat the menace, you must take extra care of your skin and follow all the dos and don'ts such as regular cleansing, avoiding oily food, drinking plenty of water, etc. to keep the pores in check.
- Oily skin: Jyada tailiya (oily) skin hone se skin glands se jo tel nikalta hai wo chehre pe hi jama ho jata hai, jis se gadde saaf dikhne lagte hai. So, if you have oily skin, clean it twice or thrice a day with a face wash. You can also use skin wipes to remove the excess oil.
- Not removing makeup properly: Makeup theek se naa hatane se gaddo (pores) me gandgi jama hone lagti hai aur wo dikhne lagte hai. Therefore, always remove the makeup properly with cleansing milk. Wash your face and apply a moisturizer before going to bed.
- Excessive use of cosmetics: Jyada makeup use karne se bhi skin damage ho jati hai jis se pores band (block) ho jate hai yaa bade dikhne lagte hai. So, it is advised to use good quality makeup and that too in moderation. It is important to let your skin breathe.