Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Submit a review for Dr Hemen A Shah ClinicYour feedback matters!
Cystic acne is a serious form of acne, which is characterized by deep, inflamed acne breakout. Red cysts are developed under the surface of the skin, which cause great pain. Cystic acnes are not only painful, but also affect your appearance and self-confidence.
Hence, effective steps should be taken to get rid of them. Here are 6 effective remedies to treat cystic acne.
- Do not pop: Avoid popping the acne which appear on your skin. Cystic acnes should never be popped because of their depth and popping or squeezing will make them worse. The more you touch them, the more they tend to worsen, and permanent scars may be left.
- Ice: Applying ice cubes directly to the acne affected area for some time constricts the blood vessels in the cyst. By applying ice, the size and redness of the acne get reduced.
- Proper skin care: You should maintain a simple skin care routine and avoid scented moisturizers. Before applying any lotion, ensure that your skin is clean and exfoliated. Use oil free and non-scented moisturizers.
- Do not get obsessed: Avoid spending hours looking at the cystic acne in the mirror. The more obsessed you, the more negative thoughts will come into your mind, making you feel even worse.
- Towels and pillowcases: Do not let other people use your towels and pillows. Abstain from washing these items with strong detergents and use natural, non-scented laundry products. Change your pillowcases and towels regularly.
- Diet: In case of cystic acne, you should take several diet precautions. Cut down the use of dairy products, excessive sugar, grain products and caffeine. Fried food and fast food should be avoided as well.
For better healing of cystic acne, you should consume probiotic rich foods, foods high in zinc, protein and fiber. You can consume several supplements as well, such as probiotics, zinc and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Relax: Stress makes the condition of cystic acne worse. You should undertake relaxation techniques to reduce stress as hormones released due to stress can make the acne worse. You should try natural stress relievers.
- Sleep: Having proper sleep at night regularly improves your health and reduces inflammation due to cystic acne.
- Exercise: Regular exercise benefits the lymphatic system and detoxifies the body. Your mood and self-esteem are improved, which have been hampered due to acne.
- Essential oils: Essential oils such as lavender and tea tree help in treating cystic acne. With anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, these oils are effective and can be applied to the acne directly.
Cystic acne is a severe form of acne, which requires proper care and treatment. Several simple remedies can be used to treat the same.
With the current self-obsession of the need to look good all the time, acne is seen as a major problem by the teenagers and adolescents. It is related to the hormonal changes but also aggravated by food habits. During their active phase, acne causes a lot of pain and burning. There is a constant tendency to pick at them to get rid of the pain and the itching.
They dry over a period of time and leave scars which are not as painful but are esthetically a major concern. For someone with oily skin who are more prone for developing acne, these scar marks could be very traumatic emotionally.
There is good news for these people as cosmetic advancements give multiple options for getting rid of these scars. Read on to know some of the most effective ones.
- Laser: A beam of light is aimed at the scar tissue, which does not affect the surrounding tissue but gets rid of the scar tissue. In addition to acne, laser is used in multiple skin ailments (whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, etc.) There is an intense bacterial presence in the acne, and when the laser beam is aimed at the acne, the bacteria are killed. This also reduces further incidence of acne and amount of sebum produced. The number of sittings required would depend on the severity of acne, and most people would require 2 to 3 sittings for complete removal of the scars.
- Photofacials: The outer layer of the skin (epidermis) is cooled and the inner layer (dermis) is heated. This stimulates the production of collagen and fibrous tissue, which replaces the acne tissue, giving a fresher, youthful look.
In both cases, remember to:
- Avoid use of irritants like perfumes and deodorants in the affected area
- Avoid waxing or shaving for at least 10 days before the procedure
- Avoid exposure to harsh sun for about a week prior to the procedure
- Avoid medicines which increase the risk of bleeding, aspirin for instance
Post treatment: In both treatments, the skin may appear red, swollen, and inflamed for the first day. There also may be a prickly sensation, similar to a sunburn. Cool packs or moist cloths and a good moisturizer can be used to soothe the skin. Avoid makeup until the skin is back to normal appearance. Depending on the type of skin and acne, the appearance will take about weeks to months after the procedure.
- Minimally invasive
- Reduced pain
- Completed in one appointment
- Reduced recovery time
- Can be clubbed with other acne therapy modes
- Good results with reduced recurrence and sebum production
With so many advancements, acne marks are sure to go away!!
It was mentioned on a blog that Rubbing Ice Cubes on face, helps to increase the complexion! Is it True Doctors?
Most of the people ask how can a person take care of his skin while travelling?
Well here are some tips:
1) Avoid wiping your face with hankie when you have pimples or oily face. Remember wiping with hankie without washing your face will just spread infection over the face. Always use wet tissues to wipe your face if your skin type is oily.
2) Avoid using previously used hankie for wiping your face. Use good quality face tissue papers.
3) Drink good amount of water and keep yourself hydrated.
4) Tie your face with scarf or any other cloth if you have got direct sunlight on your face to avoid tan.
5) Use sunglasses if its a sunny day because the more you stress on your eyes the more wrinkles you get around eyes.
6) Wash your face in atleast 5 hr interval whenever possible.
I have dry skin and some pimple on my face. I don't use anything on my face. My face colour is dark. Please help me how could I get fair and glow skin. Please please help me l just want a fair face.
When you put a fevicol on your hand remove after some mint you get a white substance rubber ryt the same thing I am getting on my head when I comb I done wht it is please help me.
Hi doc, I have tattoo on my right wrist and want to remove it .please suggest me how can it removed.
HPV genital warts treatment
While visible genital warts often go away with time, the virus cannot be eliminated once it is in your bloodstream. This means you may have several outbreaks over the course of your life. This makes managing symptoms important because you want to prevent transmitting the virus to others. Genital warts can be passed on to others even when there are no visible warts or other symptoms.
Treatment is required to relieve painful symptoms or to minimize their appearance.
- Imiquimod (aldara)
- Podophyllin and podofilox (condylox)
- Trichloroacetic acid (tca)
If visible warts do not go away with time, you may require surgery to remove them. We can remove the warts through:
- Electrocautery, or burning warts with electric currents
- Cryosurgery, or freezing warts
- Laser treatments
- Excision, or cutting off warts
- Interferon injections
Women who have been diagnosed with genital warts may need to have pap smears every 3 to 6 months after their initial treatment to monitor any changes in the cervix. This is because certain types of hpv that cause genital warts are also associated with cervical cancer and precancerous changes in the cervix.
Fungal Infection- Fight It This Summer !
1) Wear well dried clothes. Sweating increases chances of fungal infection, try to change clothes if they get wet due to sweating.
2) Bathing twice a day with a mild PH balanced cleanser will help in keeping your skin fresh and healthy.
3) Boost your immune system to keep the infections away- eat a lot of fruits and curd, keep yourself hydrated by drinking a lot of liquids.
4) If you already have fungal infection and itching, do not buy yourself creams from medical shops without consulting a skin doctor, they mostly give steroid containing creams which give you relief for a while but the infection comes back!
In summers - Oil the scalp frequently
Oil your hair as frequently as you can. It moisturizes your hair & uses a gentle shampoo to get rid of the oil. Oiling the scalp is good for your hair.
Love your soft and smooth hair.
Fungal infection of nails (tinea unguium) is common. The infection causes thickened and unsightly nails which sometimes become painful. Medication often works well to clear the infection but you need to take medication for several weeks.
How do you develop a Fungal Nail Infection?
- Spread from a fungal skin infection. For example, Athletes foot(tinea pedis)is a fungal infection of your toes. This may spread to the toenails if the skin infection is not treated early.
- Fingernail infection may occur after a toenail infection has become established. The fungus may spread to a finger if you scratch your itchy toes and toenail.
- Fingernail infections are also more likely to occur if you wash your hands frequently, or have them in water a lot. For example, if you are a cook or a cleaner. Constant washing may damage the protective skin at the base of the nail. This may allow fungi to enter.
- A nail that has recently been damaged is also more likely to become infected.
- You have an increased risk of developing a fungal nail infection if you have various other conditions - for example:
- Nail infections are more common in people who live in hot or humid climates.
- Smoking also increases the risk of Fungal Nail Infection.
- In some cases there is no apparent reason. Fungal germs are common and an infection can occur 'out of the blue'