Hello, I am Dr Bhavini Shah Balakrishnan, I am consultant gynaecologist and obstetrician basically, but I have specialised in infertility and also laparoscopic surgeries. So my topic for today would be a very general topic for laymen, would be on why infertility is on arise? Infertility is on the rise especially in the urban cities and there are multiple factors contribute into it, but when we generally talk about infertility we tend to blame the female you know it’s like the female but that's not true that is almost 25 to 30% of the malefactor that contributes to infertility. Apart from that not to forget that now when men and women are having equally high-pressure jobs stress has become one of the major factors for infertility, with time constraints also been a major factor. Lifestyle changes have led to significant rise in many disorders like polycystic ovaries being a very important factor in females, contributing to weight gain and that could be mainly because of stress and also irregular eating habits. Apart from this again another major factor which contributes infertility is smoking, not just in men but women too. So basically, of holistic approach is the key to successful management of infertility. It’s not only about you know IVF and ICSI but minor changes in your lifestyle, in stress management and spending quality time with your partner can sometimes be the major answers to your infertility problems.
For further details and further investigation you can find me on lybrate.comread more
Doctor in Dr. Bhavini Shah Balakrishnan 's Clinic
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhavini Shah Balakrishnan 's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. I am really grateful as her fertile period treatment has given me a ray of hope. Even though Dr Bhavini Shah Balakrishnan is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. The overall atmosphere in the Masina Hospital is very soothing. She with great ease handled my serious case with ease. The Masina Hospital is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. I was suffering from fertile period. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
All of sudden I developed this pregnancy and didn't know what to do. The Masina Hospital is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Masina HospitalShe is very patient with all her patients. Bhavini Shah Balakrishnan has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. During the complete pregnancy treatment program she always supported and motivated me.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my gynae problems. I owe her a big thanks for making me fine again. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. A friend of mine referred to Bhavini Shah Balakrishnan. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. Masina Hospital can handle all types of emergency cases. No matter how critical be the situation, she is always very calm.
I realised the high-risk pregnancy in myself. Dr BHavini Shah is very professional and is a really patient listener. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing high-risk pregnancy care was very relaxing. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to her for perfect advice. On the very first day she identified my problem and started the treatment. The overall atmosphere in the Masina Hospital is very soothing.
With the help of Dr Bhavini's treatment for trying to conceive I am feeling so great. During the complete treatment program she always supported and motivated me. Her guidance has helped me immensely with my situation. She is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call her in case of emergency.
I searched Dr Balakrishnan online and saw her reviews. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I consulted her for my problem of No periods. Hygiene is very important, and I must say that, Masina Hospital was extremely clean. She is a very practical doctor.
Dr Aditi Jain
I was extremely nervous and uncomfortable to visit a gynaecologist for my monthly cycle issues, Dr Bhavini made the visit very comfortable for me. She is very polite with her patients and immensely talented one of the most dedicated doctors I have ever seen.
dr Bhavini Shah Balakrishnan is a very nice and learned doctor. she told us all the ways through which we could avoid pregnancy and even The natural remedies that we could try in order to do that. I am very happy with the treatment and I am thankful to her.
I had a fertile period treatment from Dr Bhavini Shah Balakrishnan. She is such a nice doctor that I would recommend to consult her if anyone facing the fertility issue. Her prescriptions were very usefull for me.
The experience was really amazing.... The way I was treated and ensured of everything.... And everything was taken care of.
She is the best. She had good knowledge and she educates her patients which is very important. She gives best advice.
She explained everything very properly and in a detailed manner and calm nature
Experience was amazing. Very humble....the experirn
Very good experience and excellent doctor
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine abnormalities or Incompetent cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated thyroid problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruationand ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.