Doctor in Devasya polyclinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Devasya polyclinicYour feedback matters!
The Unani System of Medicine has a long and impressive record in India. It was introduced in India by the Arabs and Persians sometime around the eleventh century. Today, India is one of the leading countries in so far as the practice of Unani medicine is concerned. It has the largest number of Unani educational, research and health care institutions.
As the name indicates, the Unani system originated in Greece. The foundation of the Unani system was laid by Hippocrates. The system owes its present form to the Arabs who not only saved much of the Greek literature by rendering it into Arabic but also enriched the medicine of their day with their own contributions. In this process, they made extensive use of the science of Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Therapeutics and Surgery.
Unani Medicines got enriched by imbibing what was best in the contemporary systems of traditional medicines in Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Persia, India, China, and other Middle East countries. In India, Unani System of Medicine was introduced by Arabs and soon it took firm roots. The Delhi Sultans (rulers) provided patronage to the scholars of Unani System and even enrolled some as state employees and court physicians.
After independence, the Unani System along with other Indian systems of medicine received a fresh boost under the patronage of the National Government and its people. The government of India took several steps for the all round development of this system. It passed laws to regulate and promote its education and training. It established research institutions, testing laboratories and standardized regulations for the production of drugs and for its practice. Today the Unani system of medicine with its recognized practitioners, hospitals and educational and research institutions, forms an integral part of the national health care delivery system.
Drink at least eight glasses (64 ounces total) of water daily. Water flushes waste out of our system and keeps the skin hydrated, acting as an internal moisturizer.
Sexual harassment can involve any unwanted physical contact. It can also include exposing body parts, requesting sexual favors, showing graphic images, and making inappropriate comments and jokes. Managers need to create a harassment free workplace for employees by providing clear guidelines, adequate training, and unflinching enforcement. School administrators must provide the same for students and staff.
Write an anti-harassment policy. As an employer, you are liable for any sex discrimination that happens in the workplace. Under Title VII, this includes sexual harassment as well as sexist and transphobic behavior. The best way to protect your employees from sexual harassment, and yourself from liability, is to prevent it.
- Get together with human resources, union leaders, and write a firm policy banning sexual harassment. Make it clear that management holds itself responsible for preventing sexual harassment within the company.
- Define sexual harassment broadly. Prohibit illegal sexual discrimination; unwelcome advances; requests for sexual favors; and any verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual nature in the workplace.
- Ban the requirement of submission to any sexual conduct as a term or condition of employment, or used as a basis for any employment decisions.
- Ban all behavior that has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual's work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.
- Include examples of sexual harassment, but state that the list of examples is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Review Title VII and state law to make sure that you are including all applicable behaviors.
Lay out clear protocol for responding to harassment. Within your anti-harassment policy, make the steps for reporting sexual harassment clear. Your policy must encourage victims of sexual harassment to report the behavior. Authorize and identify several appropriate to receive harassment complaints.
- Your employees should have several options of individuals to report sexual harassment to, as this will help prevent them from, for example, having to report to their harasser or a close friend of their harasser.
Train your employees to prevent and report sexual harassment. Give everyone a copy of the policy. The sexual harassment prevention policy should be in the employee handbook, should be emailed to every employee, and should be reviewed during annual anti-discrimination trainings.
- Give frequent trainings. Train supervisors and all levels of management to spot, prevent, and punish sexual harassment and sex discrimination. Train employees in the correct steps to report sexual harassment.
- Follow state requirements, which are variable.
Include examples your employees might not recognize. Employees need to understand that any form of sexual attention or behavior, as well as any form of sexist or transphobic behavior, is considered sex discrimination and could get them fired. Let them know, for instance, that men are liable if they harass men, not just women, that women are liable if they harass men or women, and that even compliments can feel like harassment if they are given the wrong way.
- Explain that any workplace pressure that employees comply with gender norms is sex harassment under Title VII
- Therefore, it is forbidden to tell a woman she does not act feminine enough, a man that he does not act masculine enough, or a transgender individual that his or her appearance or chosen pronoun is unacceptable.
- Explain that as an employer, you are even sometimes liable if a vendor or client sexually harasses your employees.
- Tell them that when in doubt, they should talk to HR or to you.
Monitor your workplace. Check for signs of harassment at all levels of your company. Eliminate any discriminatory jokes, signs, or cartoons that you see. Confront employees who are engaging in inappropriate behavior. If you think a co-worker is being harassed, encourage the victim to talk about it and to take immediate action to stop it.
- If you witness an incident of sexual harassment or find yourself within an offensive environment, take steps to resolve the harassment or co-file with the victim.
Enforce the policy without exceptions. When a complaint arises, or when you witness harassment, immediately investigate and deal with the situation. Discipline company members who harass other employees. Protect and support employees experiencing harassment.
- You should have a no-tolerance policy on repeat offenders, or for cases of egregious harassment or assault.
- Make it clear that no level of management is exempt from complying with the policy.
Olive plants grow mainly in the Mediterranean basin and olive oil is extracted from the fruit. It has a wide range of beneficial uses. It is used as a cooking oil, as a pharmaceutical, as a cosmetic, in soaps and creams, and as a fuel. This wonderful extract has worked magic in attaining a healthy living and can also cure you of certain disorders. Let us peek into the world of this lipid legend!
Olive oil is advised to be incorporated in the daily diet to control cholesterol, relieve constipation and aid in weight loss. It is also known to work as an aphrodisiac. The oil improves bone quality, nail growth and helps in development and lustre of hair.
Benefits for the skin
It is used as an ingredient in makeup removers, soaps, and scrubs for better outcomes. Olive oil contains anti-ageing properties that are searched for by almost every middle-aged woman in a population. They are also used as moisturisers and for enhancing the skin quality.
How does it work against diseases?
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants like vitamin E, phyto-nutrients (which act as anti-inflammatory agents), and it works as a preventive agent against cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, obesity, osteoporosis, and similar diseases.
Lemon is another all-time favourite citric fruit, found in Asia in large quantities and qualities. It has many health benefits as well. Lemon is also a choice of the general population in both culinary and non-culinary units.
Why are lemons favourable?
Lemons are rich in vitamin C, which is much more than the daily consumable value. They are also packed with flavonoids, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, copper, and folates. Modestly, it can be assured that they work as anti-toxic and anti-infectious substances.
How lemons contribute to a healthy lifestyle?
Lemons help in breaking down free radicals, which, when more in number, can cause serious damage to blood vessels and cause cholesterol formation.
- Its citrus quantity helps prevent acne, resulting in a healthy, glowing skin.
- It helps in iron absorption due to its high content of vitamin C
- It relieves problems related to indigestion and constipation.
- It is used in hair care. It can treat dandruff, hair loss, and provide additional shine to the hair.
- It is also good for throat infections, due to its functions as an antibiotic.
These two gifts from nature are so common to the human eye that we fail to provide them the importance they deserve. Nature has provided many such gifts to us. Open your eyes and start searching for more!
One of the most common reasons of erectile dysfunction is obesity, which might sink your intimate life to a great extent. It is really crucial that you are in control of your weight and regain your libido.
One of the most common chronic conditions that men face is that of erectile dysfunction (ED). Statistically, over 18 million men above the age of 20 experience it to some degree. It is an inability to achieve or maintain erection required for desired sexual activity. Though there might be various reasons for it, there is a consistent connection between obesity and sexual dysfunction. It has been found that obese men are prone to ED 2.5 times more than those of normal weight. These symptoms of ED and various other health issues can be observed if you are just 30 pounds overweight!
- Obesity causes atherosclerosis, which is a cardiovascular condition. In this condition, cholesterol is deposited on the walls of blood vessels, thus restraining blood flow to the organs in the body including the penis.
- The testosterone level in obese men is low. Due to absence of this sexually-stimulating hormone, there is an inability to achieve erections as testosterone is needed to increase the level of nitric oxide in penile tissue, which acts as a blood vessel dilator.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction is considered as the first sign of a weak heart in men who are overweight.
- Men might experience a low libido, because of the reduced testosterone levels.
- They might experience a depressed mood and lowering in their levels of energy.
- They might experience a diminished sense of vitality.
It’s really crucial to shed that extra weight if you want to regain your sex life. It has been found by researchers at the Center for Obesity Management in Naples, Italy that one third of obese men have improved sexual activity after they lost weight.
- Lose weight. Check on how much you eat in a day. Aim at losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, which equals to losing around 500 to 1000 calories in a day.
- Look out for what you eat in a day. Avoid chips and dips, and become friends with greens and other raw vegetables as your snack. Stop eating the processed and red meats; replace them with fish instead. Switch to whole grains.
- Physical activity is the most important aspect when it comes to losing weight. Implement a successful weight-loss strategy. Take out some time by skipping a few episodes of your TV show, get up from the couch, and get active for around 30-45 minutes in a day. Repeat this 3-5 times in a week.
- Lastly, maintain these habits until you don’t shed those extra pounds that are a hindrance to your sex life.
While an eye exam should be conducted for anybody at least every six months, many people do not believe it to be so important. However, there are benefits to having a comprehensive eye exam. But, what exactly are these benefits?
Eye Check-ups are Indicative
To start with, when one goes for an eye exam, problems relating not just to the eyes can be discovered. As a matter of fact, an ophthalmologist or an eye specialist is quite often the first person to detect problems with the entire body. These problems include diabetes and hypertension. It can be said that a person who has healthy eyes is more likely than not to be in the pink of health! When a person has a health issue detected early by an eye doctor, it can result in easier treatment - easier on the person as well as on the pocket! After all, why go through the pain of more pain and expense before getting it addressed?
Catch your ailments early
It can be said that eye exams are very important for children as having bad eyesight which goes uncorrected can have some really serious consequences. The strain on the child’s eyes due to school work like staring at the board with weak eyes can cause very bad headaches and the situation gets worse. Children usually do not have a proper idea of what normal vision is like so they are more likely to not notice a decrease in the quality of vision. This really does increase the need of eye exams for them.
Eye exams are different from vision tests
Many people are of the opinion that getting their eyes checked is the same as having an eye exam. However, it is to be noted that this is not the same. A person who does not have advanced medical qualifications when it comes to the eyes usually conducts a vision test. This could be a nurse or an optometrist. They actually do not dig much further beneath the surface, so they miss out the critical bits!
Eye alignment matters
The truth is that only an eye doctor knows what exactly to look for when an eye exam is conducted. So what exactly does an eye doctor look for? Apart from early signs of glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy, the eye doctor would look for strabismus. This refers to the alignment of the eyes. When the eyes are not properly aligned, depth perception suffers and this can cause serious damage, especially if a person drives.
Apart from these, the doctor would also look at how well one’s eyes work together and whether there are any age-related diseases.
Nethrachikitsa is as old as Ayurveda and forms a very critical branch of Ayurvedic treatment. Derived from two Sanskrit words ‘netra’ meaning ‘eyes’ and ‘chikitsa’ meaning ‘treatment’, this is not surprising as eyes are our window to the world and any disease affecting it needs priority treatment. Nethrachikitsa is a branch of Salakyatanthra in ayurveda, which deals with the treatment of entire area of head and neck. In English Nethrachikitsa is termed as Ophthalmology.
Eyes have always been given due importance as an indriya or organ in Ayurveda from very ancient times. Traces of Nethrachikitsa can be found in the ancient texts of Ayurveda. It has been proved that in earlier times, there was an existence of systematic way of eye treatment, which included different types of therapeutic formulations and practices. Among all the branches of salakyatanthra, Nethrachikista or Ophthalmology is the most important and popular branch.
In this field a total 76 eye diseases have been described and classified into various branches such as Vartma gata roga i.e. dieseases of the lids, Krishnagata roga (Diseases of cornea) etc.
In Ayurveda, the treatment of eye diseases is done not only by internal medications but also by way of several traditional applications like Anjanam and Aschyothanam. It also includes methods like nasyam (part of Panchakarma), nethraTarpanam and Putapakam. Nethrachikitsa also advocates the application of several eye exercises and yoga in order to keep the eyes healthy and efficient for years. If followed in the right method, Ayurvedic ophthalmology is capable of curing several common and chronic eye diseases.
Some of the major diseases which can be treated with the help of ayurveda are: Myopia (short-sight), Hypermetropia (long-sight), Astigmatism, inflammations and infections like Conjunctivitis, keratitis, uveitis, blepharitis, recurrent stye, scleritis etc., degenerative eye diseases like retinitis pigmentosa (RP), macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, optic atrophy, lazy eye (amblyopia), computer-related disorders like Dry Eye (computer vision syndrome), Glaucoma, allergic conditions like central serous retinopathy, spring catarrh, etc. Dr. Mahesh Gupta Ayurveda consultations is specialize in Netra Chikitsa and is very proficient in ensuring that eye diseases are cured the Ayurvedic way, without any side effects. The potential of Ayurveda can help us to see this beautiful world by our healthy eyes for a longer period of time.
Osteoporosis is a commonly experienced condition where the bones tend to get thin and become hollow over time. This is a condition that is experienced mostly by people who are over the age of 50 years, and even more commonly by women who have been through menopause. Other risk factors include smoking as well as medication which can lead to such degenerative diseases as a side effect. Let us find out about living with osteoporosis and the many myths and facts surrounding the same-
- A Natural Part of Aging: This is a fact. While not everyone who ages will wind up with this condition, it is commonly experienced by patients who are growing old. One can resort to taking calcium supplements as well as plenty of Vitamin D in order to prevent the risk of fractures that are a common occurrence in such a condition where the bones become too hollow. Also, mild and moderate exercise will help the condition.
- Only Female Patients: This is a myth. While it is true that women form a major risk group when it comes to this condition, there are many men who also suffer from it. It has been demonstrated by various medical studies that one in every five men in the USA alone are prone to this condition. Furthermore, due to exercise, sports and other heavy manual work, young men are more likely to end up with a fractured bone than an aging woman.
- Worry only when you are Old: This is also a myth. One must remember that the major bone mass forms by the time a person hits the age of 18 to 20 years. This is the time when nutrition, exercise and lifestyles must be structured in a way that such troubles like osteoporosis will not follow you into the later years when your bones begin to age. Ample and strong bone mass nourished by proper habits, will help in preventing such conditions to a large extent.
- Fractures only happen if you Fall: This is another myth. It is important to keep in mind that living with a condition like osteoporosis means that you have to be vigilant at all times in your daily routine and other activities. Strain on the bones can also lead to fractures, and one does not necessarily have to fall down to get one. Leaning over too much can also lead to a fracture!
- You can feel the Degeneration: It is another myth that you can actually feel your bones getting weaker. Usually, there are no symptoms of this condition until it has progressed to a particularly painful stage in your life. The best way to find out if you are suffering from osteoporosis is by taking a bone density test.