Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Patient Review Highlights
In medical world, there are countless accidental discoveries. Doctors realise that something used for one purpose can be used for another condition. The side effect of one drug could be used to treat another disease altogether. There are numerous instances but the botulinum toxin would be the first that comes to the mind.
The neurotoxin extracted from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum was used to treat strabismus, which is an eye condition where there is an excessive muscular contraction. It blocks the release of the chemical acetylcholine, thereby blocking the muscle contractions. It is actually a neurotoxin and causes temporary paralysis of the muscles. Eventually, it began to be used for cosmetic reasons to paralyse muscles that cause ageing and frowning.
Gradually, Botox made its way into more remedies including removal of wrinkles, cerebral palsy, migraines, excessive sweating, bladder spasms and depression. There are many studies relating how Botox has improved a person’s happiness quotient. Read on to know some substantiating facts:
Anti-aging Effects: One of the common things we all smile at is ourselves – the reflection we see in the mirror. Botox is an anti-aging agent beyond doubt and is the most common agent to reduce wrinkles and reduce aging effects. When you are happy with what you see in the mirror, you definitely feel good and happy. This is something that gets spread and overall emotional well-being is improved.
Anti-frown: Botox injections are also done along the frown lines, where the muscles responsible for frowning are treated. This ensures the person is less frowning. The effect is contagious. When you see someone not frowning or unhappy, you loosen up and lose that frown too (or smile if you did not have a frown in the first place). This effect spreads and the overall environment or ambience just becomes a happier one. The same applies to the anger expression. There is less anger that is visible on a person’s face, and therefore, the other person/people perceive less anger. This ensures there is a smoother environment.
Anti-Depressant: Botox has been used for treating depression widely, and there are studies to corroborate that Botox, when used for treating depression, improves the happiness quotient. It may be due to multiple reasons, including improved appearance, but it definitely has some effect on the psychology in addition to removing wrinkles on the face. It is not necessary that people should be depressed to feel better. Even in people with no depression, the usage of Botox has improved their well-being.
So, the next time you think of Botox, do not just think of the various celebrities who fail to age over decades. The Botox could be giving them more reasons to be smiling and happy.
Human skin is indicative of the health of a person. It is often said that most skin conditions are only symptoms of what is going on within the body. However, there are certain conditions which are caused by external irritants to the skin. It is thus important that you take care of this organ and also be careful in choosing the products which you apply on it.
Why choosing skin care products carefully is important?
In today's world of infinite choices, there are plenty of options in the shelves of supermarkets, specialty stores and beauty treatment spas that offer much variety. However, you should realize that a lot of the benefits claimed are just marketing tricks to get the products to sell more. It is up to you to exactly find what suits you best.
Various types of skin care products:
There are multiple types of skin care products. Some of them are:
- Skin cleanser
- Treatment for acne
- Skin lightening treatment
- Anti - wrinkle or anti-aging creams
Specialized Treatments for Skin conditions: As is evident from this list, not everything is applicable to all people. Thus, they have to choose according to what their most specific needs are. However, if you have a specific beauty regimen where you are using the products very regularly make sure that the ingredients won't do you harm in the long term.
Dangers from lower end Skin care products: Skin care products sourced from cheaper materials or used in mass scale productions have known to contain many harmful chemicals which seep through the skin to cause multiple types of cancers. However the most direct assault is on skin itself and the most common worse outcome would be increasing chances of skin cancer.
Some of the harmful chemicals know to be included in cosmetic products include:
- And Nickel among others.
Choosing carefully and wisely: Whether at the shelf or online it is better to research the ingredients before you buy a beauty product. You should be able to look through the hype of marketing and the clever disguising of the ingredients or warnings in a subtle manner. You are paying for your skin care and thus should get the best quality product possible within your budget.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease where the skin cells form a mass of scales. These patches of skin are dry, red and itchy. It is an autoimmune disease which usually occurs on the skin of the back, scalp, palms, knees, elbows and around the fingernails and toenails, but some people have the diseased patches of skin all over the body. The patches may also crack, flake and bleed.
Symptoms of psoriasis:
The symptoms of psoriasis may vary from patient to patient. However, if more than two of the following signs are seen, it is likely that psoriasis is the causative condition:
- Diseased patches of skin can crack, peel and bleed
- A sharp and localized pain in the joints accompanied by stiffness
- Soreness in the throat
- A whitish and silvery mass of scales surrounded by red patches of stinging, itchy skin
- The appearance of blisters or rashes on the dry scaly skin and also along the nails
- Bumps on the folded skin like back of the knees, armpits etc.
- Tiny depressions in the nails or large brown patches under the nails
- Swelling and tenderness of the limbs
- Dental plaque
- Muscle pain due to the swollen bands of connective tissue
The following factors are proven to have contributed to cases of psoriasis:
- HIV - Human immuno-deficiency virus adversely affects the immune system and increases susceptibility of all kinds of infections and diseases. HIV-positive individuals have been found to have an increased risk of psoriasis than HIV-negative people.
- Genetics - More than 32% of the cases of psoriasis have been linked to genes. In case of identical twins, if one twin has the disease, the other has a 70% chance of getting it too. There are several genes associated with the disease and most of these genes are related to the immune system. T cells (lymphocytes which affect cell specific immunity) can also cause psoriasis.
- Medication: Anti-malarial, anti-inflammatory and blood pressure medicines can cause psoriasis as a side effect. The disease is also an effect of withdrawal from topical steroid creams and other steroid-based medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Melanoma is a condition which mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
Melanoma is common in young women and causes many deaths.
More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Primary causes Melanoma may be caused primarily due to these causes:
The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
Ultraviolet UV light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
Avoid the sun at peak hours.
Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
Keep away from tanning salons. Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Include AHAs and BHAs in the form of cleansers or moisturizers to erase discolorations and imperfections.
Your skin goes through a lot of wear and tear everyday, with sun rays wreaking a havoc to it. The harsh rays of sun does a lot of damage to your skin and contribute greatly to the aging process.
Using a sunscreen every time you step outdoors and using it correctly is of vital importance to have healthy skin. However, most people have different misconceptions about sunscreen usage.
The right sunscreen provides protection from the spectrum of harmful rays of the sun that are known as UVA and UVB, which not only create the threat of skin cancer but also slows down the process of skin aging.
Regularly using sunscreen can keep the skin protected from skin damage. Damage caused due to exposure to the sun is the leading cause of skin aging. The harmful rays of the sun known as UVA and UVB have a tremendous impact on the health of skin and they speed up the process of skin aging. It also affects those with fairer or lighter skin more due to the lack of melanin in their skin.
Regularly wearing sunscreen has proven to reduce skin aging by keeping it protected from sun damage. The sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
How to correctly use sunscreen to reduce skin aging?
There are certain specifics that need to be kept in mind while using sunscreen in order to increase its benefit. Some of these are as follows:
- The right product must be carefully chosen. It is necessary to use sunscreen that has SPF rating of 30 or more.
- It must be reapplied every few hours as sunscreen gets easily washed away due to sweating and exposure to moisture.
- It must be applied at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun.
- The habit of using sunscreen must be started early, preferably from childhood.
- Sunscreen must be used even on cloudy and overcast days.The adoption of these measures while using sunscreen has been proved effective in reducing skin aging and preventing the early formation of wrinkles, discoloration and sagging skin.
Seborrheic dermatitis refers to a kind of chronic skin rash affecting the scalp or face of a person. It has symptoms similar to that of eczema. Excess oil and greasiness could lead to this condition. This is a commonly noticed condition among children and adults. Seborrheic dermatitis is characterized by red patches, persistent dandruff, and flaking skin. This kind of skin disorder needs immediate treatment as neglecting the upsetting signs can turn out to be fatal; you may face a neurological breakdown after suffering for days together.
Take a look at the causes of Seborrheic Dermatitis:
- This skin disease could develop in response to psoriasis. Inflammatory responses often result in reddish patches on the skin.
- Malassezia could cause Seborrheic Dermatitis. Malassezia is a type of yeast present in the oil secretions of a human body.
- Such a condition could be worsened by the predominant weather conditions. Extreme winters or early spring can make your skin peel off.
Symptoms a person may face:
- The first and foremost symptom is red colored skin. The skin will appear as itchy and tender.
- A stinging sensation is experienced in affected areas. The pain could be serious enough to prevent you from working or resting.
- The eyelids of a person are at times under threat. This condition is more popularly known as blepharitis. The skin of your eyelids becomes red and crusted.
- Dandruff can be found on your beard and moustache and even on your eyebrows.
- Oily, flaky skin can be found on the scalp, ears, face, chest, armpits and also on the scrotum.
Skin disorders are taken lightly by most people. Many fail to realize how important skin is to the rest of our biological system. Skin is the primary barrier to all kinds of infections and diseases. A person should be aware of possibilities that can happen to trigger a skin condition like Seborrheic Dermatitis. Poking acne or scratching the skin of one's face, diabetes or obesity, psychological trauma, and weak immunity as noticed among patients of pancreatitis can actually increase your risk of contracting this disorder.
My penis is curved during erection from last 2 years how can I treat it and from where and tell me about expenses.
I am having a painless pimple near my butt crack from past 1 month so yesterday I met general surgeon where she just poked the pimple and showed me that it contains blood and pus. Today again I met her so she said that she will treat as a sinus only. But I am not having any openings and actually the pimple is not forming pus also. My question is whether I go for surgery immediately or shall I want to wait till the pimple pains" The pimple is very small and it likes a sponje actually it is difficult to me to identify where the pimple is located really. And my other question is "is this a symptom of sinus" Please doctors write describe whatever you know about sinus and doctors tell me when I actually should meet general surgeon again (means after facing what symptoms). Please doctors help me out and also tell me what are the basic symptoms of sinus.
Acne is a condition that affects many people including teenagers and women during their menstruation period. It is characterised by red eruptions that are usually filled with oil, secreted by overactive oil glands in the hair follicles. So what else should you know about acne? Here are six things you probably did not know about this condition:
- Clogged Pores: Acne signifies clogged or blocked pores that are filled with oil and dead skin cells that have not been cleaned out completely. This mixture of oil and dead skin cells blocks the pores and ends up creating an eruption of red sores called acne and pimples. There is a chance that bacteria may have joined these two substances as well.
- Over Treating the Skin: The worst thing that you can do is to touch, pick or even apply too many harsh chemicals to your skin during an acne breakout. These things can actually make the problem worse, and even create scars in the long run! The constant use of cleansers and moisturisers can also have a harsh effect on the skin, due to the perfume and chemicals present in such products.
- Exfoliation: Using a salicylic acid wash or cleanser first thing in the morning will help in exfoliation, which is a good way to clear those dead skin cells from your skin. This will speed up the process of acne treatment as well, by clearing the pores. Also at night, the use of a medicated cream that contains benzoyl peroxide will help in killing the bacteria, so that there is no infection.
- Two Weeks Notice: Trying new products to treat acne is a great idea. But give every new product at least two weeks before you write it off. Usually, any good product will take at least that much time to affect the acne, and clear the pores in an effective way. So before you start switching cleansers and creams every other day, remember to use the two-week thumb rule.
- Menstrual Cycle: Acne, more often than not, rears its head with an eruption or two about five days before and a few days after, the monthly menstrual cycle. So watch out for hormonal imbalances, which can cause acne and pimples. Avoid stress around this time too.
- Dermatologist: Visit a dermatologist if regular cleaning and over the counter creams are not working.
Persistent acne may turn into an infection. Remember to ask your dermatologist for an oil reducing formula too.
Acne is a skin problem that should be treated the right way.
Related Tip: What Makes You Prone to Acne??
Psoriasis is one of the most chronic and long lasting diseases relating to the skin. Under this condition, the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. The top five things that can worsen your psoriasis are listed below.
- Alcohol - There is a direct link between your drinking habits and your skin health. Drinking, in general, tends to cause harm to the overall body. Skin being no exception also gets affected adversely by alcohol consumption. If you have psoriasis, then you should immediately consult your dermatologist so that he/she can assign you a daily limit for your alcohol consumption in a manner that it does not worsen the condition of your skin.
- Infections - Psoriasis also gets worsened by common infections like an earache, bronchitis, strep throat infection, and such others. It is highly recommended for you to consult your doctor if you have anybody infections along with psoriasis. So the doctor will be able to tell you the risk of the infection and how to go about managing it.
- Stress - Stress has been known generally to affect the skin in an adverse manner. Stress can cause your body to have a greater incidence of inflammation on your skin which further affects your skin disease. Your doctor can help you out with the ways to manage your stress so that it does not cause any further damage to your skin.
- Weather changes - Medical researchers have proved that psoriasis tends to grow in colder and drier conditions. It has reportedly been observed that people having psoriasis have smoother skin during summers than during winters.
- Cuts and bruises - If there are any kinds of breakouts or irregularities in your skin, then it would further worsen your psoriasis. Your cut skin may lead to a flare which is known as the Koebner phenomenon in medical terminology.
Related Tip: What is nail psoriasis?
Every ones says that to satisfy a women you need a great stamina ani big penis but do not have a big penis so can you give me some suggestion that o can grow my penis some inches presently it 5" and next year I am going to marry. Please help me. If possible send me email on j. Revetkar95@gmail. Com because its some personal ani the app is in my cousins phone.
Sir or madam please tell me can I use blood purify capsules for reduce pimples, please tell me is that capsules helpful or not, in Lybrate only I have asked same question but one madam said what to use and what to so for reduce pimples but she did not said can I use this capsules or not please tell can I use or not please.
Hi, is chemical peeling a permanent solution for pimples on face? What is the effect of it on skin and if not permanent then for how many days it lasts for?
Post pregnancy my face became more dark rather than my other body parts. What to do to get a bright skin?
I think I need a circumcision but I am worried about that. Kindly suggest me what precautions I have to take. Whether I will experience pain. And what are its expenses?
My hairs are getting white and I have used every oil but not getting any result. Can you help me with this?
Melanoma is one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer which develops in the skin cells that produce melanin ( the pigment that gives your skin its color). This form of skin cancer is mostly caused by exposure to ultraviolet radiations or it may be congenital in nature.
The cancer is easily detected by the naked eye and in 99% cases, the disease can be efficiently treated if detected during its early stages. Women below the 40 year age benchmark have a higher risk of cancer.
Viagra is a health supplement which is consumed in the oral form to minimize all the signs and symptoms of an erectile dysfunction. Viagra is the generic name for Sildenafil, which is used by men.
What does research say?
A medical study has shown that men who frequently use erection-enhancing drugs are 84% more likely to develop melanoma within a period of 10 years. This does not mean that you are bound to get this cancer if you are frequently using an erection enhancing drugs, but it might increase your probability of getting Melanoma.
Viagra when combined with some other medicine often leads to adverse effects which might lead to cancer as well. It is always desirable that you consult your doctor before taking a Viagra in general. Some of the dangerous factors are:
- Taking Viagra with nitrate drugs such as nitroglycerin, isosorbide mononitrate, and such others.
- If you are experiencing an unreasonably high or low blood pressure
- If you have any kind of a liver disease
- If you are suffering from a kidney disease that requires dialysis (blood purification process)
While taking Viagra, you should always consult a doctor near you. Additionally, you should also follow certain precautionary measures like:
- You should avoid buying Viagra online, as there is a high probability that it is fake
- You should try going for natural alternatives to Viagra. Studies have shown that the medicines with nitric oxide can help you in having a proper and enhanced erection. Additionally, medicines containing L-arginine are also very popular as they help in generating nitric oxide.