Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Desire ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Which treatments should you consider to beat hair loss effectively?
Hair fall has become a very prevalent problem among modern men and women due to numerous reasons like a stressful lifestyle, poor diet and use of cosmetic products with harsh chemicals etc. Apart from these causes, hair fall can also happen due to various medical conditions.
Here are some of the most common causes of hair fall:
- Thyroid problems
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Scalp infections
- Poor diet
- Excessive usage of hair styling products
- Family history of hair loss
- Consumption of oral contraceptive pills
Different hair re-growth treatments are available today to curb hair loss. Some of the most effective ones among them are
1. Platelet rich plasma therapy
Human blood comprises certain stem cells and growth proteins, which help in regenerating and healing tissues. This therapy involves collecting blood from your body and then centrifuging (method applied for separating substances that don’t mix) it so that the plasma and platelets can be separated. Now this platelet rich blood is injected into your scalp or specific areas suffering from hair loss to restore lost hair and ensure their re-growth.
Mesotherapy is considered to be a very effective treatment for continuous thinning of hair, baldness and hair loss in patches. In this therapy your scalp gets injected by a vitamin using an injection gun to ensure enhanced blood circulation. Improvement in circulation of blood results in your hair follicles getting better nourishment, leading to hair re-growth. Moreover, this therapy has a neutralising effect on the DHT hormone (a sex hormone that is derived from testosterone), which is often associated with baldness among men. You can observe visible results within 4 to 6 months by opting for this therapy.
3. Stem cell therapy
This therapy works by replenishing the lost stem cells of the hair follicles. The process involves the scalp pores being inserted with stem cells, resulting in new hair growth. The function of stem cells here is to stimulate the mature and lifeless hair follicles, which leads to the formation of new healthy hair follicles. Generally, this therapy takes about 3 to 4 months to start the hair re-growth cycle.
4. Hair Transplant
In a hair transplant surgery, hair from a denser region are transplanted to an area with lesser or no hair. The identified dense hair area is cleaned and numbed. The surgeon would then remove a 3 to 4 inch strip of skin from this region, and use this strip to create hundreds of tiny grafts. These grafts are inserted into the scalp region of lesser hair density. It takes about 6-9 months for the transplanted hair to give way to newer hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Healthy skin is a sign of overall good health and vitality. Skin problem is one of the most persistent problems encountered by people. It is imperative therefore, that you take care of your skin to avoid skin disorders. Various factors, such as pollution, smoking, eating processed food and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to unhealthy skin.
There are certain habits, which can be followed by you on a regular basis to restore the health of your skin. Some of them are:
- Exercise regularly: Exercising on a regular basis improves your skin health as it increases blood circulation in the body. Consequently, it helps in delivering various nutrients to the skin, which in turn defers aging. Daily exercises also prevent the onset of various skin disorders.
- Keeping it clean: You should keep your skin clean to prevent the buildup of dirt. This prevents clogging of the pores and enables the skin to breathe.
- Intake of vitamin C in various forms: Vitamin C is used in the collagen production process by amino acids. One of the most convenient ways of maintaining the glow of your skin is to introduce fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamin C.
- Quit smoking: The pursuit of healthy skin necessitates immediate disengagement with smoking. This fatal habit should be avoided at all cost, as it triggers and facilitates the aging process. It also aggravates the production of free radicals in the skin which in turn adversely affects the skin.
- Less exposure to the sun: Exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun may damage the collagen structure of the skin. It also causes tanning and increases your chance of developing skin cancer.
- Avoid sweet food: Consumption of sweets may lead to the formation of various substances, which threaten to damage the collagen structure and subsequently aggravates the aging process.
- Antioxidants: Fruits and leafy vegetables are generally packed with antioxidants. A potential damage of the skin can be deterred by including them in the diet.
- Massage: Skin massages facilitate blood circulation on the skin and eradicates the damaging effect of the free radicals. This ensures that you have healthy and refreshed skin.
- Plant proteins: The level of oestrogen falls drastically in women after menopause, leading to the development of wrinkles.Foods, such as soy, nuts and beans minimise this effect by replenishing the level of oestrogen in the body and therefore must be incorporated in the diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
In medical world, there are countless accidental discoveries. Doctors realise that something used for one purpose can be used for another condition. The side effect of one drug could be used to treat another disease altogether. There are numerous instances but the botulinum toxin would be the first that comes to the mind.
The neurotoxin extracted from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum was used to treat strabismus, which is an eye condition where there is an excessive muscular contraction. It blocks the release of the chemical acetylcholine, thereby blocking the muscle contractions. It is actually a neurotoxin and causes temporary paralysis of the muscles. Eventually, it began to be used for cosmetic reasons to paralyse muscles that cause ageing and frowning.
Gradually, Botox made its way into more remedies including removal of wrinkles, cerebral palsy, migraines, excessive sweating, bladder spasms and depression. There are many studies relating how Botox has improved a person’s happiness quotient. Read on to know some substantiating facts:
Anti-aging Effects: One of the common things we all smile at is ourselves – the reflection we see in the mirror. Botox is an anti-aging agent beyond doubt and is the most common agent to reduce wrinkles and reduce aging effects. When you are happy with what you see in the mirror, you definitely feel good and happy. This is something that gets spread and overall emotional well-being is improved.
Anti-frown: Botox injections are also done along the frown lines, where the muscles responsible for frowning are treated. This ensures the person is less frowning. The effect is contagious. When you see someone not frowning or unhappy, you loosen up and lose that frown too (or smile if you did not have a frown in the first place). This effect spreads and the overall environment or ambience just becomes a happier one. The same applies to the anger expression. There is less anger that is visible on a person’s face, and therefore, the other person/people perceive less anger. This ensures there is a smoother environment.
Anti-Depressant: Botox has been used for treating depression widely, and there are studies to corroborate that Botox, when used for treating depression, improves the happiness quotient. It may be due to multiple reasons, including improved appearance, but it definitely has some effect on the psychology in addition to removing wrinkles on the face. It is not necessary that people should be depressed to feel better. Even in people with no depression, the usage of Botox has improved their well-being.
So, the next time you think of Botox, do not just think of the various celebrities who fail to age over decades. The Botox could be giving them more reasons to be smiling and happy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Human skin is indicative of the health of a person. It is often said that most skin conditions are only symptoms of what is going on within the body. However, there are certain conditions which are caused by external irritants to the skin. It is thus important that you take care of this organ and also be careful in choosing the products which you apply on it.
Why choosing skin care products carefully is important?
In today's world of infinite choices, there are plenty of options in the shelves of supermarkets, specialty stores and beauty treatment spas that offer much variety. However, you should realize that a lot of the benefits claimed are just marketing tricks to get the products to sell more. It is up to you to exactly find what suits you best.
Various types of skin care products:
There are multiple types of skin care products. Some of them are:
- Skin cleanser
- Treatment for acne
- Skin lightening treatment
- Anti - wrinkle or anti-aging creams
Specialized Treatments for Skin conditions: As is evident from this list, not everything is applicable to all people. Thus, they have to choose according to what their most specific needs are. However, if you have a specific beauty regimen where you are using the products very regularly make sure that the ingredients won't do you harm in the long term.
Dangers from lower end Skin care products: Skin care products sourced from cheaper materials or used in mass scale productions have known to contain many harmful chemicals which seep through the skin to cause multiple types of cancers. However the most direct assault is on skin itself and the most common worse outcome would be increasing chances of skin cancer.
Some of the harmful chemicals know to be included in cosmetic products include:
- And Nickel among others.
Choosing carefully and wisely: Whether at the shelf or online it is better to research the ingredients before you buy a beauty product. You should be able to look through the hype of marketing and the clever disguising of the ingredients or warnings in a subtle manner. You are paying for your skin care and thus should get the best quality product possible within your budget. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease where the skin cells form a mass of scales. These patches of skin are dry, red and itchy. It is an autoimmune disease which usually occurs on the skin of the back, scalp, palms, knees, elbows and around the fingernails and toenails, but some people have the diseased patches of skin all over the body. The patches may also crack, flake and bleed.
Symptoms of psoriasis:
The symptoms of psoriasis may vary from patient to patient. However, if more than two of the following signs are seen, it is likely that psoriasis is the causative condition:
- Diseased patches of skin can crack, peel and bleed
- A sharp and localized pain in the joints accompanied by stiffness
- Soreness in the throat
- A whitish and silvery mass of scales surrounded by red patches of stinging, itchy skin
- The appearance of blisters or rashes on the dry scaly skin and also along the nails
- Bumps on the folded skin like back of the knees, armpits etc.
- Tiny depressions in the nails or large brown patches under the nails
- Swelling and tenderness of the limbs
- Dental plaque
- Muscle pain due to the swollen bands of connective tissue
The following factors are proven to have contributed to cases of psoriasis:
- HIV - Human immuno-deficiency virus adversely affects the immune system and increases susceptibility of all kinds of infections and diseases. HIV-positive individuals have been found to have an increased risk of psoriasis than HIV-negative people.
- Genetics - More than 32% of the cases of psoriasis have been linked to genes. In case of identical twins, if one twin has the disease, the other has a 70% chance of getting it too. There are several genes associated with the disease and most of these genes are related to the immune system. T cells (lymphocytes which affect cell specific immunity) can also cause psoriasis.
- Medication: Anti-malarial, anti-inflammatory and blood pressure medicines can cause psoriasis as a side effect. The disease is also an effect of withdrawal from topical steroid creams and other steroid-based medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Melanoma is a condition which mainly indicates a severe malfunction of the melanocytes or the melanin producing cells of the body. These cells are responsible for giving you your skin colour, tone and complexion. Usually, a person suffering from melanoma will have many normal and irregular moles as well as melanoma in the eye and digestive tracts too.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
Melanoma is common in young women and causes many deaths.
More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Primary causes Melanoma may be caused primarily due to these causes:
The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
Ultraviolet UV light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
Avoid the sun at peak hours.
Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
Keep away from tanning salons. Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Include AHAs and BHAs in the form of cleansers or moisturizers to erase discolorations and imperfections.
Your skin goes through a lot of wear and tear everyday, with sun rays wreaking a havoc to it. The harsh rays of sun does a lot of damage to your skin and contribute greatly to the aging process.
Using a sunscreen every time you step outdoors and using it correctly is of vital importance to have healthy skin. However, most people have different misconceptions about sunscreen usage.
The right sunscreen provides protection from the spectrum of harmful rays of the sun that are known as UVA and UVB, which not only create the threat of skin cancer but also slows down the process of skin aging.
Regularly using sunscreen can keep the skin protected from skin damage. Damage caused due to exposure to the sun is the leading cause of skin aging. The harmful rays of the sun known as UVA and UVB have a tremendous impact on the health of skin and they speed up the process of skin aging. It also affects those with fairer or lighter skin more due to the lack of melanin in their skin.
Regularly wearing sunscreen has proven to reduce skin aging by keeping it protected from sun damage. The sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
How to correctly use sunscreen to reduce skin aging?
There are certain specifics that need to be kept in mind while using sunscreen in order to increase its benefit. Some of these are as follows:
- The right product must be carefully chosen. It is necessary to use sunscreen that has SPF rating of 30 or more.
- It must be reapplied every few hours as sunscreen gets easily washed away due to sweating and exposure to moisture.
- It must be applied at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun.
- The habit of using sunscreen must be started early, preferably from childhood.
- Sunscreen must be used even on cloudy and overcast days.The adoption of these measures while using sunscreen has been proved effective in reducing skin aging and preventing the early formation of wrinkles, discoloration and sagging skin.
Seborrheic dermatitis refers to a kind of chronic skin rash affecting the scalp or face of a person. It has symptoms similar to that of eczema. Excess oil and greasiness could lead to this condition. This is a commonly noticed condition among children and adults. Seborrheic dermatitis is characterized by red patches, persistent dandruff, and flaking skin. This kind of skin disorder needs immediate treatment as neglecting the upsetting signs can turn out to be fatal; you may face a neurological breakdown after suffering for days together.
Take a look at the causes of Seborrheic Dermatitis:
- This skin disease could develop in response to psoriasis. Inflammatory responses often result in reddish patches on the skin.
- Malassezia could cause Seborrheic Dermatitis. Malassezia is a type of yeast present in the oil secretions of a human body.
- Such a condition could be worsened by the predominant weather conditions. Extreme winters or early spring can make your skin peel off.
Symptoms a person may face:
- The first and foremost symptom is red colored skin. The skin will appear as itchy and tender.
- A stinging sensation is experienced in affected areas. The pain could be serious enough to prevent you from working or resting.
- The eyelids of a person are at times under threat. This condition is more popularly known as blepharitis. The skin of your eyelids becomes red and crusted.
- Dandruff can be found on your beard and moustache and even on your eyebrows.
- Oily, flaky skin can be found on the scalp, ears, face, chest, armpits and also on the scrotum.
Skin disorders are taken lightly by most people. Many fail to realize how important skin is to the rest of our biological system. Skin is the primary barrier to all kinds of infections and diseases. A person should be aware of possibilities that can happen to trigger a skin condition like Seborrheic Dermatitis. Poking acne or scratching the skin of one's face, diabetes or obesity, psychological trauma, and weak immunity as noticed among patients of pancreatitis can actually increase your risk of contracting this disorder.
My penis is curved during erection from last 2 years how can I treat it and from where and tell me about expenses.
I am having a painless pimple near my butt crack from past 1 month so yesterday I met general surgeon where she just poked the pimple and showed me that it contains blood and pus. Today again I met her so she said that she will treat as a sinus only. But I am not having any openings and actually the pimple is not forming pus also. My question is whether I go for surgery immediately or shall I want to wait till the pimple pains" The pimple is very small and it likes a sponje actually it is difficult to me to identify where the pimple is located really. And my other question is "is this a symptom of sinus" Please doctors write describe whatever you know about sinus and doctors tell me when I actually should meet general surgeon again (means after facing what symptoms). Please doctors help me out and also tell me what are the basic symptoms of sinus.
Acne is a condition that affects many people including teenagers and women during their menstruation period. It is characterised by red eruptions that are usually filled with oil, secreted by overactive oil glands in the hair follicles. So what else should you know about acne? Here are six things you probably did not know about this condition:
- Clogged Pores: Acne signifies clogged or blocked pores that are filled with oil and dead skin cells that have not been cleaned out completely. This mixture of oil and dead skin cells blocks the pores and ends up creating an eruption of red sores called acne and pimples. There is a chance that bacteria may have joined these two substances as well.
- Over Treating the Skin: The worst thing that you can do is to touch, pick or even apply too many harsh chemicals to your skin during an acne breakout. These things can actually make the problem worse, and even create scars in the long run! The constant use of cleansers and moisturisers can also have a harsh effect on the skin, due to the perfume and chemicals present in such products.
- Exfoliation: Using a salicylic acid wash or cleanser first thing in the morning will help in exfoliation, which is a good way to clear those dead skin cells from your skin. This will speed up the process of acne treatment as well, by clearing the pores. Also at night, the use of a medicated cream that contains benzoyl peroxide will help in killing the bacteria, so that there is no infection.
- Two Weeks Notice: Trying new products to treat acne is a great idea. But give every new product at least two weeks before you write it off. Usually, any good product will take at least that much time to affect the acne, and clear the pores in an effective way. So before you start switching cleansers and creams every other day, remember to use the two-week thumb rule.
- Menstrual Cycle: Acne, more often than not, rears its head with an eruption or two about five days before and a few days after, the monthly menstrual cycle. So watch out for hormonal imbalances, which can cause acne and pimples. Avoid stress around this time too.
- Dermatologist: Visit a dermatologist if regular cleaning and over the counter creams are not working.
Persistent acne may turn into an infection. Remember to ask your dermatologist for an oil reducing formula too.
Acne is a skin problem that should be treated the right way.
Related Tip: What Makes You Prone to Acne??
Psoriasis is one of the most chronic and long lasting diseases relating to the skin. Under this condition, the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. The top five things that can worsen your psoriasis are listed below.
- Alcohol - There is a direct link between your drinking habits and your skin health. Drinking, in general, tends to cause harm to the overall body. Skin being no exception also gets affected adversely by alcohol consumption. If you have psoriasis, then you should immediately consult your dermatologist so that he/she can assign you a daily limit for your alcohol consumption in a manner that it does not worsen the condition of your skin.
- Infections - Psoriasis also gets worsened by common infections like an earache, bronchitis, strep throat infection, and such others. It is highly recommended for you to consult your doctor if you have anybody infections along with psoriasis. So the doctor will be able to tell you the risk of the infection and how to go about managing it.
- Stress - Stress has been known generally to affect the skin in an adverse manner. Stress can cause your body to have a greater incidence of inflammation on your skin which further affects your skin disease. Your doctor can help you out with the ways to manage your stress so that it does not cause any further damage to your skin.
- Weather changes - Medical researchers have proved that psoriasis tends to grow in colder and drier conditions. It has reportedly been observed that people having psoriasis have smoother skin during summers than during winters.
- Cuts and bruises - If there are any kinds of breakouts or irregularities in your skin, then it would further worsen your psoriasis. Your cut skin may lead to a flare which is known as the Koebner phenomenon in medical terminology.
Related Tip: What is nail psoriasis?
Microneedling for face and body
As you roll the skin roller over your skin, it creates pin point punctures into the dermis - the majority of which are simply pushing your pores open temporarily. This is perceived by the body as damage, which stimulates the release of growth factors that trigger the production of collagen and elastin. The human body reacts to any injury by initiating the healing process, but usually, it will only heal as far as it must keep you healthy - which are different to healing to a cosmetic level. By persistently triggering the healing process, you encourage your body to continue healing until the job is finished.
Your body normally assumes that scars, stretch marks and wrinkles are ok, but with the gentle reminder caused by the derma roller, the body is tricked into continuing the healing process until the body has also healed itself on a cosmetic level. This process of skin remodeling can go on for months after each derma roller treatment, but noticeable results can be seen within a month! your skin naturally renews itself every 40 days, so with a little stimulation changes can be dramatic and fast.
Skin micro-needling with the derma roller may be carried out safely on all types of skin and all skin colours. Other treatments often have to avoid sensitive areas - such as around the eyes, the neck and the backs of the hands, but the derma roller can be used on all of these areas. The epidermis and melanocytes in the basal area are not damaged, so there's no possibility of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.