Doctor in Corion Fertility Clinic
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Family Planning Procedure
Submit a review for Corion Fertility ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
She is very patient with all her patients. The Corion Fertility Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. Kaushal Samir Kadam guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my polycystic ovary synDrome. As someone I knew, consulted this Kaushal Samir Kadam and they referred us. Kaushal Samir Kadam has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Corion Fertility Clinic. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my polycystic ovary synDrome, but she has helped me immensely.
I am so happy that I chose D rKaushal Samir Kadam for my fertility treatment as now I am perfectly fine. During the treatment, Dr Kaushal Samir Kadam supported me a lot.I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best. The nurses at the Corion Fertility Clinic were really helpful. Dr Kaushal Samir Kadam is quite knowledgeable. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of fertility issues. Dr Kaushal Samir Kadam is really like god send person.
With the help of her treatment for in IVF I am feeling so great. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. Corion Fertility Clinic has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my in IVF. i am happy with the treatment she did for me
I have had this male sexual problems from quite some time. With great ease Dr Kaushal explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. His guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. The overall atmosphere in the Corion Fertility Clinic is very soothing.The Clinic had all the amenities, a patient requires.
I was trying to conceive but was not able to. I chose to consult Dr Kaushal. His treatment has give me a ray of hope. With great easehe explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I must say that he has broad knowledge in the IVF speciality.
My boss referred me Dr Kadam. She ensures that she gives enough time to each patient. In order to diagnose the cause of my problem completely she asked me a number of questions.With the help of her treatment for infertility I am feeling so great. The facilities available in the Corion Clinic are very nice.
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have problem of infertility. It's been so long, I had lost all hope, but then I met Dr Kadam and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. The overall cleanliness in the Corion Clinic is amazing.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam to be very helpful. This medicine I was taken long time ago. Now m taking folinal plus. Last 3months. My period is not regular date some time it was coming 10days late also
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam to be helped me improve my health, very helpful and saved my life. than you so much lot of thanks very help full thank you doctor God bless you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam to be prompt. Yes my thyroid is under control....i dont hav it....the dr. Asked me to take 25 mg pills..so that i concieve..
Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam provides answers that are very helpful. I did ultrasound 3-4 times to check about size of ovary and when the egg is released and i didn't do qny harmonal test.
Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam provides answers that are knowledgeable. thank you sir all my hormonal test are normal wjat type of treatment i should take and how much it cost
Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam provides answers that are well-reasoned. Okay mam , thanks for saying! I will be active here after! Thanks!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam to be very helpful. I m very satisfied this answer. Thank u docter.
Pls help me for get pregnant.. My age is 28 my husband age is 32 he already done his test.. He is totally normal..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam to be very helpful. Thanku doctor 4 advice
Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thanks for your precious information
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam to be knowledgeable. Understandable
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam to be practical. Nice comment
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kaushal Samir Kadam to be caring. Thank you mam
My last date is on Nov 22. Till now I didn't get my date. Pregnancy test show its negative. Am I pregnant or not.
I have pcod my trying to conceive Dr. prescribed me persinal 150iu for 5 days egg follicles were 18 and 19 in size Dr. gave me lupride inj and pct test was done it is good enough. My question is should I go for iui is it compulsory when every thing is good? Can we try naturally? Or go for IUI. Thank you in advance.
Hiii I am trying to conceive last three months. My last period date is 12th December. And 28th December done my follicular study left and right two sides realise the eggs. And my left follicle was ruptured. And minimal fluid in pod. 23: 18 sizes. And ruptured that day I had intercourse. And it's continues every other day. And 26th December every night I take naturogest 200 mg tablet 15 days. Yesterday tablet was done. My doubt is getting pregnant. Chances is confirm ila suggest me.
I'm 32 year old. My wife is trying to get pregnant for last 2 months but not successful yet. What should we do?
There are women who feel their looks are spoilt because of the presence of excessive body hair. While hair on women's body is common, excessive body hair isn't a normal condition and must be taken seriously. Women are generally unaware that the condition is known as Hirsutism.
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be defined as growth of excessive facial and body hair in women. With the world obsessed with flawless skin, such changes from feminine hair pattern (soft, fine, vellus hair) to masculine hair pattern (hard, dark, terminal hair) in a woman is generally unwelcoming and, hence, very distressing for the woman.
Why do some women develop Hirsutism?
In order to understand the reasons for such excessive growth in some women, it is important to understand the differences in the physiology of men and women. The male or female appearance of one's body is dependent on a delicate balance between male and female sex hormones. There is a predominance of the hormone estrogen in a woman's body, whereas androgens (testosterone) are the predominant sex hormones among men. However, some amount of androgens is secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands (located next to kidneys) in women also. But, an excessive production of these hormones results in Hirsutism. Hormonal imbalance is by far the most common cause of Hirsutism.
Causes of Hirsutism
The common causes of hirsutism include:
1. Endocrine causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a condition of hormonal imbalance in the body, which can result in an irregular menstrual cycle, enlarged ovaries with a cystic appearance on USG, infertility, obesity and hirsutism. For more information on the causes and management of PCOS.
- Cushing's syndrome - Excessive production of hormone Cortisol by the adrenal glands can lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, skin discoloration, muscle weakness, irregular menstruation, and hirsutism etc. This syndrome is known as Cushing's syndrome.
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) - CAH is a condition of excessive production of hormones Androgens and Cortisol by the adrenal glands and generally manifests in childhood in the form of virilization. In such cases, CAH can present with symptoms such as ambiguous genitals, obesity, hypertension etc. However, sometimes the manifestation of CAH is deferred to early adulthood and results in milder symptoms, hirsutism being one of them.
2. Tumors - Tumors in ovary or adrenal glands can again cause hirsutism due to excessive production of androgens
- Long term steroid consumption (commonly used for immunosuppression, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis)
- Performance enhancing drugs (often used by athletes)
4. Idiopathic - the woman may be having hirsutism despite normal hormone levels
There are essentially two lines of treatment for hirsutism - one is medical management and the other is a cosmetic treatment.
Medical treatments for hirsutism -
A. Birth control pills - It's possible to reduce the severity and intensity of hair growth using birth control pills- the most commonly prescribed medical intervention! The birth control pills help by decreasing the production of androgens by ovaries. Besides this, estrogen present in the pills also helps the liver to produce more of sex hormone binding protein- these proteins bind to circulating androgens, thereby reducing their action on the body. Both these actions help in reducing the growth of hair on the body.
B. Anti-androgen medications - There are three categories of anti-androgen medications, which are commonly used for the treatment of hirsutism.
- I. Spironolactone - Spironolactone is a diuretic medicine, which blocks the effects of androgens on the hair follicles, thus controlling hair growth.
- II. Finasteride - Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of body testosterone into its more potent chemical entity, thereby limiting the effect of testosterone on hair growth.
- III. Flutamide - Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen, which blocks the actions of androgens and helps in controlling the hair growth.
However, we have to ensure that the woman is not pregnant when taking any of these three medications. These medicines are often combined with oral contraceptives, which also have a synergistic effect in reducing the severity of hirsutism. One should also seek an expert opinion before starting these medications as there can be serious side effects, especially on liver.
C. Steroids - Low dose dexamethasone can be used to control the overactive adrenal glands when used carefully. However, long-term steroid therapy has got its own side effects and this therapy should only be considered under expert care and guidance.
D. Insulin sensitizing medicines - Medicines such as Metformin and Pioglitazone (Basically these are anti-diabetic medications) help in reducing insulin resistance in the body, which, in turn, helps in controlling the effects of excessive circulating androgens.
Cosmetic treatment for hirsutism -
One very important aspect of cosmetic management of hirsutism is self-care. This can include shaving, waxing, use of depilators and bleaching creams. All these measures help to reduce the amount of visible hair in undesired parts of the body. But, this needs to be done very frequently for a sustained visible effect.
Permanent hair removal is also possible using electrolysis or LASER treatment. In electrolysis treatment, electric current is passed into the hair follicle using a needle, which damages the root of the hair permanently. Similarly, LASER treatment uses LASER to destroy the hair follicle. Both these are effective methods to get rid of the undesired hair. However, we do not yet know if there are any long-term complications or side effects of these methods and these methods are not yet approved by the US FDA.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to book an appointment with your gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms. After menopause, the tests are carried out every 6 monthly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!