Doctor in Clinic Dermatech -Bandra West, Mumbai
Acne scars are caused when a pimple or cyst is popped and broken leaving a layer of damaged skin behind. These scars are caused by the excess oil, dead skin, and bacteria blocking the skin pores causing it to swell.
Acne scars can be categorized into three types:
- Ice Pick scars which are small but have deep pits.
- Boxcar scars have sharp edges, these can be shallow or deep
- Rolling scar have a wavy look as they are wide and shallow. This type of scarring is usually caused by damage to the skin.
Causes of acne scars
Acne and acne scars can be caused due to the following reasons:
- Hormonal imbalance during or after the onset of puberty
- Medicines that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids
- Oil and greasy food items and those rich in carbohydrates can trigger acne. In some cases, dairy products can worsen the condition.
Simple tips to prevent scarring
Some acne scars fade with time. In the early stages, the scars might look pink as blood vessels in the damaged area of the skin provide it with nourishment. With time the collagen in the skin would fill the injured or damaged portion of the skin. In some cases, it might take up to a year for scars to fade.
- Don’t pick or squeeze pimples or acne as they can get inflamed. This inflammation can cause the bacteria to go further into the skin which would result in deeper scars.
- Use mild cosmetic products as some products can increase the risk of acne and scarring. Non-toxic, paraben-free products free from synthetic dyes and colours should be used sparingly.
- Getting enough sleep is important and necessary for the body to produce collagen which is a protein necessary for skin elasticity. Sleep also helps the body and skin to repair itself.
Treatment of acne scars
Mild acne can be treated with simple home remedies such as the use of fenugreek extract and lemon juice. Face packs made from sandalwood and orange peel are also very effective in reducing acne scars. But in some extreme cases, you might need proper treatment at a hospital. Most of these treatments can be performed as an outpatient procedure. Some of them are:
- Skin resurfacing: where the damaged skin is removed to help new skin to grow. The damaged skin can be removed by the use of a laser, dermabrasion or a chemical peel.
- Fillers: In this procedure, the doctor would inject a filler such as a collagen or fat into the damaged area. This helps the skin to become smooth.
- Rolling: Rolling also known as needling, is a procedure where tiny needles are rolled over the skin to stimulate it to grow
- Surgery: In a few very extreme cases the scars would need to be cut away and the area repaired with the use of skin grafts obtained from another part of the body.
Any scars and especially acne scars can be unsightly. A skin doctor or dermatologist would help you choose the right treatment plan depending on the type of damage done to the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is the time of the year when we kick-start the big fat Indian wedding season and will continue through the whole month of November, December and till February. With all effort goes into planning a wedding, the stress factor may be high. So it’s comprehensible that when dealing with pressing concerns like choosing wedding dress, ornaments, selecting the perfect shoes, and finalizing the menu, there’s a chance you may ignore the most significant part, getting your skin ready for this winter wedding.
- Whether you are the bride-to- be or planning the wedding of a relative, best friend or a wedding guest, you can benefit from the best skin clinic in Delhi. Clinic Dermatech’s facial rejuvenation packages will help you get a brighter look and you will be remembered for that glow on you. So, when you are flawless, it will really annoy the other guests.
- The beauty expert at Clinic Dermatech says men and women who visit the clinic often come with the expectation to improve their faces before the wedding season. It is the time when everything will be well-decorated and you don’t want to miss any chance to be the show-stopper with your luminous skin and gorgeous attire. One thing you cannot opt for immediate before any wedding is to undergo any kind of surgery, so instead there are best proven Rejuvenation Packages of Clinic Dermatech that can help you prepped up before any wedding.
- One thing you cannot do immediately before the wedding is to have surgery, so instead there are many very suitable facial treatments like Anti-ageing facial treatment in Delhi that can help you before a wedding. These include Botox to get rid of those frown lines and forehead lines, fillers for dark under tired eye circles and other treatments such as advanced facial for rehydration of the skin for the hands or face and for plumping up of tired dried skin.
- At the leading skin rejuvenation clinic in Delhi, the beauty experts of Clinic Dermatech recommend sitting in for an aesthetic treatment before weddings. They start with the overall assessment listening to the patient coming to the clinic as to what their major concerns are and about their expectations before attending any wedding. The expert enquires about their skin care regime, the products they are currently using and their maintenance techniques. Also, they examine the skin, look at the volume and look at the bony shapes. In particular, they focus at the symmetry of the skin. Many of the problems areas that show up prominently in photos such as hands looking dried and wrinkled, faces looking dull, tired, and dehydrated (unhealthy), skin that looks patchy, dull, and lifeless. To get rid of all those problems, beauty experts at Clinic Dermatech work with their clients from anything up to five to six weeks before the wedding.
Then on the wedding day, prime your skin for a last-minute boost on the morning by applying a gentle exfoliating mask in the shower and you are all set to outshine all the other women in the evening.
Those were the time when it was deemed tempting for a man to be hairy. With hair almost everywhere, the manlier was the line of thinking. Unfortunately, those days are gone. Today, men don’t want the odd patches of hair on their shoulder or back of the arms and don’t even want chest hair anymore. So, just like ladies, men want their wanted hair removed as well.
There are DIY hair removal kits available, which people really don’t get attracted to. When it comes intense skincare treatments, many prefer to let professionals work wonders, rather than getting some random kit from any local store. Clinic Dermatech offers laser hair treatment for both men and women and has attained the for their work and excellence in the field.
Why choose permanent laser hair removal?
When it comes to hair removal, women have always had a myriad of options like shaving, waxing, and plucking. Men, on the other hand, have been at a loss as they have close to no option other than shaving. Shaving of hair on the face is done but what about the other parts of the body. Getting rid of hair on the chest, the back or elsewhere has been somewhat a mystery. Razors are the easy available but they are also not a permanent solution as the hair tend to regrow. Laser hair removal doesn’t present these problems. Let us check out some benefits of laser hair removal for men:
• It reduces hair growth permanently
• It eliminates ingrown hairs
• It saves you from razor burn and razor-caused bumps
How Does It Work?
Basically, the laser beam causes localized damage to the hair by concentrating light on the hair follicle, while not affecting the rest of the skin. The pigment in the follicles absorbs the laser beams, and this destroys the hair. It takes just a fraction of a second to destroy many follicles of hair at one time. However, permanent hair removal depends on many factors including skin colour, hair colour, and the strength of the laser the particular person can tolerate.
What is the cost of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal is not really that expensive as people might think. Initially, when laser hair removal was first starting out, it was extremely expensive. Even if a small area was to be treated, like the upper lip, it would cost a large sum of money. Now with the advent of better technologies and the fact that the treatment is more common, the price has fallen down substantially. The cost also depends on the size of the area to be treated. So, getting both the legs treated will be more expensive than doing your underarms.