Doctor in Bhatia Hospital
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Bhatia HospitalYour feedback matters!
Good evening doctor, we gave rotavirus (rotasiil) vaccine to my 2 months old baby boy, I gave breast milk soon after vaccine, after sometime I found saliva along with milk coming out from his mouth, I wanted to know whether the vaccine enter into his body or not.
My 2 years baby is very slim. His weight 10. From last 6 mnth and his skin colour brown .what I do. His skin glow white and weight increase.
Hi my baby is near 6 month and he have loose motion last 2 days, I give medicine Econorm and ORS and also Coconut water but still he having loose motion ,so please let us know how I do it.
Gud even sir/mam. My son age 2 months. He is suffering from motion problem. I'm consultant Dr. He prescribed syp. Livodex &syp. Dufflac is sos. Sir told to me no problem. But my son no passing free motion. Another one at birth time my milk is not given because im suffering spinal pain. So im another hospital. So that hospital people given milk powder mix started at birth 4today. Please im request to Dr. Pls prescribe medicine my son passing free motion.
Mere baby ka birth weight 3.6 kg tha. 6.5 month pr 7.3 kg tha but now he is 9 month old but still the weight is 7.3 kg only. What should I do?
Why your EQ is the most important factor for your happiness?
A higher Intelligence Quotient does not guarantee your happiness or success in life. To succeed in life, it is not your IQ, but your EQ that plays a bigger role. Emotional Quotient(EQ) or emotional intelligence stands for your ability to understand and manage your emotions effectively. It influences various aspects of your life, from how you behave to how you interact with others, and has a direct effect on your happiness levels, life quality and self-satisfaction.
Several studies on emotional intelligence have revealed that while about 80% of the common man's success is linked to emotional intelligence, only the remaining 20% is a result of his intelligence quotient! So, how does EQ affect your life?
- At Work: At the workplace, emotional intelligence can have a significant impact on your performance. It shapes your business as well as professional relationships, while helping you to navigate the social complexities that characterise a place of work.
- For Your Health: It affects your physical health too, as management of stress levels is directly linked to your EQ levels. High stress levels can make you susceptible to many diseases like stroke, heart attack, high blood pressure, etc. Likewise, if you're unable to handle and manage your emotions effectively, it can lead to mental problems like depression, mood swings and anxiety.
- Personal Relationships: The role of EQ can't be ignored when it comes to building relationships. It enables you to communicate successfully,while helping you to build stronger relationships.Whether they are your professional relationships or personal ones, a better understanding and control of your emotions is imperative for not only a better expression of your feelings,but also for a complete understanding of what others are feeling.
So, how can you improve your EQ?
Unlike IQ, you can certainly improve your EQ significantly by developing and honing these key abilities.
1. The ability to manage negative emotions
Although both negative and positive emotions are needed to succeed in life, sometimes, negative emotions can overwhelm you, affecting your judgement.Developing skills that do not let negative emotions get to you can significantly increase your EQ levels.
2. The ability to reduce stress
Effectively controlling and managing stress is also an ability, the development of which can bring you great success in life. Staying focused, balanced and in control is what you should aim at when under severe pressure. You should be able to quieten yourself down quickly, while relieving yourself from stress.
3. The ability to stay positive even in times of difficulty
Last but not the least, when faced with a difficult situation or even a difficult person, it's crucial to remain positive as then the difficulty faced becomes easier to handle. Arriving at resolutions for difficult situations positively and with confidence is what you should strive to do.
EQ helps you to do well at work, build strong relationships and accomplish your personal and career goals. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My daughter has severe cough from last 3 months. We consulted pediatrician for 5 times and the medicines are not working. X-ray and blood tests are done. Pediatrician says no issues with the reports and it's a dry cough and suggested to use the medicines advised until the cough stops. Please help.
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a digestive disorder that causes abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas or a combination of the above. IBS occurs in people of all ages, including children. Some children may have diarrhea as a dominant symptom, while others may have constipation as a dominant symptom. Certain children have symptoms that alternate between diarrhea and constipation. Stress has been implicated as a trigger in IBS, but stress alone does not cause IBS.
Diarrhea alternating with constipation
Mucus in the stool
Weight loss in some children
Urgency with bowel movement
Sensation of incomplete emptying after bowel movement
To diagnose IBS, the doctor will ask questions about symptoms and examine the child to rule out more serious problems or diseases. IBS is not a disease — it is a syndrome, or group of symptoms that occur together. It does not damage the intestine, so if the physical exam and other tests show no sign of disease or damage, the doctor may diagnose IBS.
IBS is usually treated by introducing more fiber into the child’s diet. Bowel-training to empty the bowels at regular, specific times during the day may help. In children with constipation, laxatives should be used with caution because they may lead to addiction and compound the problem. When used, laxatives are taken usually short term and parents must follow the doctor’s instructions precisely.