Doctor in Apollo Clinic
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Apollo ClinicYour feedback matters!
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
IVF is not the only solution to every infertility problem. You can choose from amongst a number of options which are available today. A number of these options are both cost-effective and less invasive when compared to IVF. You need to know more about the other options before making any hasty decisions. IVF is an extremely expensive and complicated treatment which needs to be monitored at each step. However, there are other options which are more feasible and should be considered before selecting the procedure of IVF. Some of these alternatives are mentioned below.
Intrauterine Insemination or Artificial Insemination involves placing the man’s semen inside the woman’s uterus, fallopian tubes or the cervix. The process of IUI is often selected when the woman does not have an issue with regular ovulation. This procedure has become extremely popular and common due to its cost-effectiveness. This may be one of the first alternatives which your doctor may suggest to IVF.
The procedure for artificial insemination is quite simple. The doctor starts with using ovulation kits, ultrasounds and blood tests to make sure that you are ovulating before going through the process of insertion. A sample of the semen is to be provided to the doctor. The doctor suggests not having sex for at least 2 to 5 days in order to be sure that the sperm count is high. Once the semen is washed within an hour of being collected, technicians liquefy the sperm to increase the chances of pregnancy. A chemical solution is used to separate out the most active and healthy sperm. The sperm is then placed in a catheter to be put inside the cervix via the vagina.
IVM or In Vitro Maturation
In Vitro Maturation is distinctly from In vitro Fertilization as the former focuses on maturation of the eggs in the laboratory after they are collected from the ovaries. However, the process of fertilization is similar to the traditional process of IVF. The procedure of IVM is usually preferred over IVF as it is significantly cheaper than the IVF treatment.
Sometimes the process of ovulation induction can also help women become pregnant easily. The ovulation is stimulated with the help of various medicines. With the help of simple medications and an ultrasound scan the chances of getting pregnant increases.
I am 30 years old woman had 1 girl child of 3 years old. I had medical termination of pregnancy due to unavoidable abnormalities. Underwent Dnc with hysteroscopy on May 17th, 2018. After that I went to doctor for check up also. Everything fine. Doctor told that not to have sex till the next periods. But after 4 weeks of dnc only we had sex i.e yesterday. We do not want to pregnant again for that we used withdrawal method. But I am afraid of side effects .is any thing serious will b happen due to sex before the next periods itself? Kindly suggest. Thank you.
The date of period was 12 June but it is not started till now. What should I do. I don't want pregnancy. Pls reply.
I have pcod. I feel I am preg now with symptoms of vomiting and belly. But my urine and scan shows negative. How 2 detect my preg correctly and if its cryptic pregnancy thn how 2 find my baby.
What are the other ways to take pregnancy test at home. Not using pregnancy test kit. Are there any other ways to take a pregnancy test?
The benefits of proper posture:
1. Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly and efficiently.
2. Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in arthritis.
3. Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
4. Optimizes breathing and circulation.
5. Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions (for example an abnormal lateral curvature, or scoliosis).
6. Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy.
7. Improves organ function.
8. Prevents strain or overuse problems.
9. Prevents backache, neck pain, and diffuse muscular pain.
The consequences of poor posture:
- Headaches and easy fatiguability.
- Chronic Pains.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Digestive Problems.
- Endocrinlogical Problems.
- Problems Sleeping.
- Circulatory and Respiratory Issues.
- Vertigo/dizziness and Increase in Falls.
- Attention/concentration problems.
- Decrease in overall health.
- Spinal degeneration and Arthritis.
- Herniated discs and Sciatica.
- Knee and ankle problems.
- Carpal Tunnel.
- Plantar fasciitis.
- Decreased Life Span (up to 14 years)
5 tips to maintain your posture:
Because there a strong association between wrong posture and common life-style diseases, it is necessary to keep our self in proper alignment. Most importantly it is always better to maintain range of motion at our joints full and pain-free.
1. It is good, not to sit/stand in a particular position for too long. It is always good to change your posture to unload the continuously stressed muscles and prevent any permanent damage.
2. Never use any gadgets for too long continuously because that can leads to adaptation in that particular position.
3. Always keep your desktop in a proper position. Forward Neck Posture is one of the most common postural abnormality now-a-days and it can cause lot of troubles in healthy individuals.
4. Long term wrong posture can leads to stiffness around neck and consequently pressure effect on autonomic nervous system and it's systemic effect like over activity of Sympathetic Nervous System and it's harmful effects.
5. Stretching exercises are always better than strengthening exercises. If you are flexible enough, there is very less chance of any permanent injury. So, it is always wise to maintain your flexibility.
Avoiding Penis Odor After Sex
Not surprisingly, men often take steps to eliminate or minimize unpleasant penis odor before going on a date or into a situation in which sex is a distinct possibility. After all, when unveiling his equipment, a man wants to be greeted with gasps of surprise and pleasure, rather than someone gasping for fresh air. Following good penis health and hygiene guidelines helps control penis odor before sex, but men need to remember that they need to take steps afterward as well.
With that in mind, the following tips are recommended for avoiding rank penis odor after sex.
Wash up beforehand. In most cases, by the time a couple moves into the bedroom, several hours will have passed since the penis was last washed and/or aired out. A guy knows that getting into sex is going to increase the likelihood of penis odor; after all, not only is there going to be a lot of sweating going on in the heat of the sexual moment, but the tightness of the vagina and the friction of the sexual activity is going to create more opportunity for sweat. And, while this may be a bit ungallant, the fact is that the vagina itself does not always carry an aroma of roses - and that odor is going to get transferred to the penis.
So the name of the game is to go into the sex act with as little pre-existing penis odor as possible. With that in mind, if possible, take a quick trip to the bathroom and give the penis a final rinsing before commencing with the sex.
Wear a condom. Clearly in any casual sex engagement, a man needs to be wearing a condom for protection against disease and to reduce the risk of an unwanted pregnancy. But donning a condom also helps protect against penis odor. It will not eliminate it entirely, but the condom will retain a great deal of the scents generated during sex which otherwise would have lingered on the penis skin.
Consider a trim. Although there is no scientific basis for this, anecdotal evidence suggests that a clean-shaven penis and groin retains less odor than a hairy one. This is logical, as thick hair in the area catch and hold fluids which then dry and create an odor. When the area is clean-shaven, the fluids dry directly on the skin, making them easier to access and to wipe away. Speaking of which...
Clean up afterward. This is one of the most important things a man can do to help decrease post-sex penis odor. All too often, a man feels relaxed and satisfied after sex, and before long that sense of contentment leads him to fall asleep. Even men who are instead invigorated by sex often neglect a wash-up after sex, and prefer to luxuriate in the experience. But guys do need to do a good cleaning; they don't need to pop out of bed as soon as the deed is done, but within a reasonable amount of time, a little soap, water and drying is needed to keep things scent-free.
Use an appropriate creme. Men seeking to avoid penis odor after sex unfortunately often forget this crucial step: regularly using a superior penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). There are many cremes out there, but the one that is needed will list vitamin A among its ingredients. Also called retinol, vitamin A is valuable because it has anti-bacterial properties that can fight and destroy the bacteria which help bring about rank penis odor. The best crème will also contain a powerful antioxidant, such as alpha lipoic acid. By battling excess free radicals, alpha lipoic acid helps strengthen delicate penis skin, making it better able to withstand intense washing to fight odors.