Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for Apeksha ThakkarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
The answers provided by Dt Apeksha Thakkar were to the point and perfect.
I am 26 years old Male. I am a veterinarian and as per requirement of my job I have to travel a lot to remote places. Further, my work involves long hours of working in an office without much physical movement. Request you to suggest a health diet plan for me which can be available everywhere.
Whey protein is good. Is whey protein damage kidney. And second question is if I eat 10 white eggs. It's create body heat?
A diet is something which takes a lot of effort and also a person’s will to become a better form of him or herself. After all the thought, persistence and work that goes into the process of planning the diet and the mental fortitude of going for it; can you imagine the disappointment which is inevitable when it fails? If nothing else, there are reasons why this is so!
- It takes time: When it comes to dieting, it is quite unfortunate to see people think of the process as a quick fix in order to meet a body target. It is often the case that these people slip back into their old dietary ways as soon as they can. Going back to eating things which are unhealthy is really bad after going on a diet as the weight of the person then starts to change. A change in mentality is required here as the person who goes on a diet should keep in mind the fact that a diet is something which is a change in lifestyle for the better and not a proverbial shot in the arm.
- Be realistic: Another reason why diets fail is on account of expectations of results which do not seem to be reasonable, by any measure. This happens to be the case in a surprisingly large number of instances. Results when it comes to health and fitness take a pretty long time to show; time which is spent consistently following the correct schedule.
- Don’t lose focus: While most diets are well intentioned, one of the issues when it comes to them is the fact that there is so much preparation behind it that when a person deviates even in a minor manner away from the plan, fatalistic thinking comes in and takes hold. In the end, the net result of all of this is the sad consequence that the diet is let go off. This occurs by the way of the person thinking that since he or she did cheat on the diet once, all is lost. It is to be kept in mind by a person who is in this sort of scenario that the fact that he or she did not follow the diet plan which had been set out but in its stead, completely contradicted it by the way of what was eaten, does not mean that he or she should give up!
Diets require persistence but they provide their benefits which are more than proportional!
My baby girl is 9 months old. When I touch her head I feel warm. I am little scared about it. Is it normal or should I consult doctor for this?
I am 30 years old female and still virgin. I just want to know that Hyman becomes stronger by the age increases. Because I tried sex 2-3 times but hymen didn't break and was paining more. And not succeeded in sex.
Hi, My wife's Haemoglobin level is 7.5 and we are planning for a baby, Can you please advise what is the adequate level for pregnancy and is there any risk associated with this 7.5 level. Of Haemoglobin level. Thanks Rgds
Sir I'm 20 years old boy. Im skinny my weight is only 56 kg. I feel very embarrass when people call me skinny. I want to become muscular & gain weight as early as possible. Please help me sir. Thanks a lot.
Hi doc, I just heard that consuming green coffee causes weight loss. Please suggest whether it's advisable to use or not.
I am 90 kg 45 years old suffering from hypothyroidism can I under go liposuction? If yes guide me to d right doctor please.
Is my microwave emitting death rays? Is bird flu still a threat? I do yoga, but should I also be lifting weights? Please advice about my doubts
Can I take raw Aloe vera? I am diabetic and high bp. Lots of Aloe vera plant at my home. Pse give me idea how I use it. I am taking raw Turmeric (1 piece) and Garlic (2 clove) every morning empty stomach. Thank you.
Tea or coffee are derived from a plant, which are natural. Then, Why taking the coffee or tea is harmful to us.
People who rarely fall ill and are able to undertake strenuous tasks are said to have a strong constitution. When talking in terms of health, constitution refers to a person’s physical and mental strength. The stronger your constitution, the healthier you are. Having a strong constitution also makes treatment more effective in case you do fall ill. Here are a few tips to help build a strong constitution.
- Eat a well-balanced diet: Missing out on important nutrients may not have immediate effects, but in the long run, will cause deficiencies and harm your constitution. Not following a healthy diet is also one of the most common reasons for reduced immunity. In a day you must eat 2-3 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables and at least one serving of carbs and proteins.
- Drink plenty of water: It isn’t enough to give your body all the nutrients it requires, you must also drink plenty of water so that your body can absorb these nutrients. Water plays an important role in every process of the body from the digestive system to the circulatory system. Water also helps eliminate wastes and toxins from your body.
- Avoid processed foods: Processed foods have very little nutritional value but have a high fat content. Jams, packaged juices, breads, cakes etc. are packed with additional sugar that lead to weight gain and other problems associated with it. Instead, snack on fruits and nuts and drink freshly squeezed juice.
- Exercise daily: Exercise not only helps you regulate your weight, it also helps tone and strengthen muscles. Exercise also makes a person more flexible and boosts the immune system. Ideally, exercise outdoors early in the morning for half an hour a day but if that isn’t possible, break up your workout into smaller sections. Simple ways of incorporating exercise in your daily life are to use the stairs instead of the elevator or walk short distances.
- Meditate: Your mental health is as important as your physical health. Stress has a huge impact on your health and daily meditation is an easy way to deal with everyday stresses. Set aside time at the beginning of each day to quietly meditate and ready your mind for the day’s tasks.
- Get adequate sleep: Your body uses the time you are asleep to rebuild muscles and repair tissues. A person should ideally have an uninterrupted sleep of 8 hours a day. Sleep deficiency can lower your immunity, cause irritability and mood swings etc. To ensure you get a good night’s sleep, create and follow a sleep routine of going to bed and waking up the same time every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.