Doctor in Ami Vira
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Ami ViraYour feedback matters!
What is a lump?
A compact mass of tissue with an irregular shape, lumps are normal and can appear anywhere on the body. Lumps are soft, movable and size of a pea can be benign or malignant, cyst, abscess, or accumulation of fat called lipoma.
When to see a doctor
When the lump gets hard and immovable
When it gets bigger in size
When lump gets painful and red
When bloody discharge oozes
New growth can be seen after removal.
Lump in breast or testicle
Common locations of lump
Neck or throat
Back, shoulder, chest and armHand, wrist, fingers
When to consult for lump
Breast lumps: Breast lumps are common. It can be due to or can be because of some hormonal changes. However, if there are changes seen like redness of breast, blood oozing out from the breast, stony hardness and if symptoms last for a longer duration, you should visit the doctor.
Lump in neck /throat: Enlargement of the neck which can be due to enlargement of the thyroid gland with symptoms like irregular menses, increase weight, sleep disturbance, gastrointestinal disturbance, weakness, and lethargy. Thyroid nodules are hard to feel and can be seen in the lower portion of the neck. If you see these signs and symptoms you need to consult and get treated.
Lump in back, shoulder, chest, and arm: Mostly in these regions lump formation take place which can be due to fatty deposition called as lipomas. Mostly they are not a cause worry. It can be removed by simple surgical procedure, but chances of recurrence are high. They are best when left alone.
Lumps in hand, wrist, fingers: Mostly in these regions the tendency to form ganglion. Ganglion firm, spongy painless immovable cyst on top of the hand, wrist fingers. Ganglia tend to develops after the injury. However, it can be ignored if they are not causing any trouble. However, you need to consult if there is numbness or if the limitation of movement of joint takes place.
Lump in groin: Common cause of or enlarged lymph node. Normally enlargement of lymph node settles within 3 weeks and in an internal part of body pushes into a weak surrounding muscle or tissue wall. If the swelling doesn’t settle within 3 weeks you need to consult.
Lump in scrotum: When there is a lump in with torsion of testicle, pain, heaviness in scrotum consultation is a must.
Lump around anus: It can be due to . It is swelling developed in and around the canal.
With the advent of technology and information, there are more and more information on the internet about everything. Health blogs are filled with many ways to cure every kind of diseases. Most importantly, there is a rapid growth in the aspect of natural substances that can heal the patient or cure them.
What is CAM?
You may have heard or read about the term ‘CAM’ on the internet while scrolling down a health blog, or through health issue related seminars. ‘CAM’ stands for Complementary and Alternative Medicines. In a nutshell, it refers to any sort of medicines or treatments that does not involve itself into the conventional way of treatment or medicines, that is, it stands out of the mainstream system which is also referred to as Western or Allopathic medicine. It can be concluded that there not much of a difference between ‘CAM’ and conventional medicine. It has become a common phenomenon that doctors are recommending natural ways like yoga or meditation to treat diseases. It is believed that once the human mind is under control and is not influenced by any toxic thoughts, it will be easier for the body to cure. Diseases such as anxiety disorders, depression, cardiovascular diseases are some of the examples that can be cured through ‘CAM’.
Homeopathy as ‘CAM’
There are many types of medicines, treatments and techniques under the umbrella of ‘CAM’. Homeopathy is the most important of all.
There are a lot of reasons to justify that:Safe, Gentle and Effective: The homeopathic medicine are made in a special process of dilution and shaking. Thus, most of the other conventional medicine or even herbal medicines are made up of crude substances or chemicals that can be harsh for the body immunity power making the person weak. Those substances can be harmful to many people, including pregnant woman or new-born babies and more. Thus, homeopathy is a safe, gentle and effective medicine because the process of the medicine making is very simple and does not require any crude substances but equally effective.
Say goodbye to Side Effects: Homeopathy medicines contains substances in a very minute amount and none of them is made up of any crude substance. Thus, the patient will not face any side effects unlike any other conventional medicines that comes with side effects. This is one of the most important and effective point to be considered as no one wants annoying side effects while being cured. Makes the body heal itself: The most important point of ‘CAM’ is let the body heal you without much of any external help.
That is where homeopathy plays its role. Conventional medicines uses crude substances to cure you instantly which in result destroys the patient’s immunity system absolutely. Whereas, homeopathy heals the patient in a way that the body of the patient itself plays an important role, it stimulates the body to heal itself. As the body tells us something is wrong by showing the symptoms, in the same way, the body should have the ability to answer its own question, that is should heal itself with a slight push. There are other benefits too that make homeopathy the best ‘CAM’ therapy such as it holds no contraindication with the pharmaceutical medicines and more.
Stress can be defined as the way in which human body responds to any kind of threat or demand. When you feel stressed, the central nervous system releases some “stress hormones” like cortisol and adrenaline which trigger the whole body for urgent action. For successful stress management, you will have to practice techniques that particularly work for you. This is because what may work for others may not be as helpful for you and vice versa. Also the way, stress manifests itself differs from individual to individual. However, practicing these basic techniques may help.
Find out the habits that make you stressful:
- It is absolutely easy to know what is making you feel helpless and stressed out and this is the first thing you must do for yourself.
- You should now try to ignore your thoughts, sadness and behaviors that constantly make you stressful. By doing this, you will be able to understand whether it is really the demand from different aspects of your life or it is you who is contributing to the stress.
- You may start maintaining a stress journal where you will jot down what has made you stressful and how you felt about it and finally, how you reacted. You can continue keeping it until you see significant improvements.
Eliminate unhealthy habits with healthy coping strategies:
- Relax and contemplate about how you try to manage stress presently. Do you take any medications and how far are they effective in managing your stress?
- There are some people who resort to smoking, taking anti-depressants, withdrawing from family and loved ones, sleeping more than needed and taking out the stress on other people. You should also consider the long-term effects of your present coping strategies.
- If you find that your coping strategies are not quite effective, it is probably time to change and replace them with healthy habits.
Get up and start moving:
- Physical activities can help you to a great extent when you are willing to cope up with the daily stress. That doesn’t mean you will have to become an athlete to reduce stress.
- Spending an hour doing free hand exercises or even at the gym can be considerably beneficial.
- This is because when you perform some physical activity, it releases endorphins which are known as “happy hormones.” This can boost your mood and burn out the frustration and anger that are putting you down.
- Start following these easy steps today to see desirable reduction in stress levels.
Birth control is a method by which unwanted pregnancy is prevented. Partners can plan their childbearing in a better way using the increased levels of awareness about birth control.
Methods of birth control:
- Intrauterine devices (IDUs): These are most effective methods of birth control. The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by preventing fertilization of the egg.
- Sterilization: This is a process of birth control that renders a woman incapable of conception or a man incapable of sperm delivery. The process is conducted with the consent of the individual and can be done using either surgical or non-surgical methods. In both the cases, tubes carrying sperms (in males) and fallopian tubes (females) are either cut or blocked.
- Condoms: These are the most commonly used measures for birth control. Male and female condoms act as barriers and prevent the sperm from reaching the uterus.
- Oral contraceptive pills: These pills are the most popular measures of birth control used by women across the world. This is the most convenient way of postponing pregnancy. However, it is very important that the side effects of the contraceptive pills be noted. The side effects cause changes in the body, such as irregular bleeding, increase in the breast's size increased levels of blood pressure as well as eventual infertility.
- Contraceptive Injections: In this method, one hormone injection is administered, the effects of which last inside the body for a time period of 8 to 12 weeks i.e. 2-3 months. The contraceptive injection has the similar effects as that of contraceptive pills on birth control. Evidently, the shot is irreversible, which makes the woman infertile for a period of three months. However, similar to the pill, protection from STDs is not offered by contraceptive injections. But these injections can guarantee 99% safety and surety on being used.
- Natural Family Planning: Even though it is not any external pill or device, Natural Family Planning is also a method of birth control. It relies on the knowledge of timings of the menstrual cycle (periods) so that the couple can avoid sex during the time period when the woman is fertile.
Hi Sir, I have been struggling to get rid of love handles (backfat) I did many exercise to lose them but those never worked, i did many diets like low carb diet ,calories invsout, I do regular resistance training.
Monsoon is one such season in India, which not only refreshes us, but the showers also bring a respite from the grueling heat. It is the season of excitement, fun and greenery.But at the same time we also need to be really careful with regards to the food we take and the activities we perform during monsoon.There are certain health risks we can suffer due to monsoon as the immunity and digestive ability gets affected. Dengue, malaria, typhoid, diarrhoea get common during this season. Especially kids are very susceptible during monsoon. But following a few healthy practices will surely help us reduce the risk of infections and help us enjoy monsoon the healthy way.