Submit a review for Agarwal General Hospital & PolyclinicYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am having gas is formed and pain occurs due to the acidity's sleep due to sleep only for two to three hours at night. Even the stomach is not clear, it has to sit in the latrine for half an hour, even after the stomach is not clear.Please suggest me something for that.
The anal area is a highly vascular area, and if not maintained hygienically, it can lead to health issues including infection. The anal canal can get infected quite easily and if these infected parts begin to discharge pus, it could leak through the anal canal. This is known as anal fistula, and can be caused due to:
- Unhygienic toilet habits leading to infected anal region, which can pass up the anal canal
- Can be caused due to excessive straining, which can be due to constipation
- Post-surgical effect, where an existing anal abscess was drained
- The fistula could be constantly draining pus or blood, producing a constant moist feeling in the anal region
- In some, it could be intermittent draining with full dry spells in between
- There could also be pain, which is constant and throbbing and worse with sitting
- Pus discharge can produce a foul smell
- The skin around the anus can be itchy and irritated
- Tenderness and swelling of the area
- Constipation and painful bowel movements
- Fever and chills, due to generic infection
Management: Prevention and treatment are both essential in managing anal fistula.
- Prevention is mainly achieved through healthy toilet hygiene habits, as this is the main cause for filstula formation
- Treatment would include para-surgical therapy ( non-invasive ), which should be followed by healthy toilet habits and good diet habits including fibrous meals to avoid constipation.
The following are two well-established surgical corrective measures.
- Ayurveda has a well-established technique known as ksharsutra wherein a medicated thread is used to drain the fistula and to prevent further fistula formation.
- A linen thread is smeared with latex, curcuma longa, and Apamarg Kshar which are known for their multiple healthy benefits – anti-hermorrhoidal, anti-inflammatory, and coagulatory properties.
- The linen thread is smeared with these herbs in layers and takes a few days to prepare.
- This thread is then allowed to stay in the fistula tract, which allows for healing and prevents pus accumulation and/or closure
- This is followed by a complete liquid diet, which is gradually moved to a semi-solid diet and if required sitz baths
Ayurvedic gugglu ksharsutra therapy:
Ayurveda is a thousands of years old system of holistic healing through herbs. It is not only based on drugs but a healthy diet, good lifestyle, staying happy and different Ayurvedic treatments which have no side effects and are absolutely safe to use. According to Ayurveda a body suffers from a disorder because of disparity in the 3 Doshas. Ayurveda deals with balancing the Doshas and healing the body. Synchronizing the body, lifestyle with nature and its paradigm.
The Doshas have to be balanced, one dominant or other ignored causes disorders, as a result the person falls sick. Here, we will talk about fistula in Ano and Ayurvedic treatments for fistula in Ano.
Anal Fistula is a two-sided canal. One end of tube opens up inside the anal canal and the other opening is near the anus on the skin. This leads to leakage of stool from the other opening, oozing of pus leading to discomfort, pain, and sometimes fever as well.
Ayurvedic herbs are especially known for keeping the digestive system in good shape by maintaining the right balance of the Pitta element that maintains the right balance of the digestive fire. According to Ayurvedic principles, any disorder in the body is a result of a faulty digestive fire that manages its functions. It is very important to restore the imbalance of digestive physiology to heal the anal fistulas.