Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mohali and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram ChauhanYour feedback matters!
Hi I am suffering from skin problem, 3 years ago I had skin allergy problem but now it again took place but now I'm in new Zealand my home country is India so , the problem mainly occurs whenever I eat pork ,lamb etc and also dink alcohol n beer then after half n hour I start feeling tingling effect on my lips and on the head and on the body , red rashes n bumps took place which is making my life worst. Also want to know is there any effect if I take bath with warm and cold water because people say it's better to shower with cold water rather than hot is it true , I need a lot of help. I don't know this might be due to different food habits diet plan and environment effect , advice something that really work I'll be thankful to you.
My age is 19 and I have obesity problem what can I do to reduce my weight should I go for thyroid check up or not Which one will be more helpful and please mention what are the symptoms of a thyroid.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
My mother is suffering from knee osteoarthritis symptoms, she is 57 year old. The doctors said it is just initial stage, but she is suffering a lot, not able to climb the stairs and can not sit for few minutes in knees, her right leg knee joint is fully swelled out. Doctor : Please suggest her what kind of treatment will give her quick relief from the symptoms explained above and What is the long term treatment for this disease (OA).
Hello, I have dry skin and even acne prone. i'm using fash face wash and cetaphil moisturizer. Doc recommended me episoft also can you please tell either to use fach or episoft which is good.
Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to replace a worn out knee joint with an artificial knee joint. Such a surgery is advised if your knee is causing pain and limiting your daily activities, provided other treatments have failed to cause the desired impact. (Learn more to maintain bone and joint health)
Once the knee replacement surgery is completed, the focus shifts to the recovery phase.
The duration of the recovery depends on the type of surgery and the individual.
After the surgery, painkillers are administered to provide relief from the pain.
In some cases, oxygen is administered through various tubes if required.
A blood transfusion may also be required after a knee replacement surgery.
The surgical wound will require a dressing to allow it to heal faster and prevent infection.
A drain will be attached to the wound to drain out the blood from it and prevent accumulation of blood in the wound.
The dressing of the wound should be changed regularly.
Post- Surgery Care
Post-surgery, you will need assistance to help you walk. If the surgery that you underwent was minimally invasive, then you should be able to walk on the very same day. Your physiotherapist will prescribe and show you some exercises to strengthen the knee. It is important that you follow his/her instructions to avoid complications.
A passive motion machine is sometimes prescribed as it helps to restore the movement of the knee. It helps in reducing the swelling by keeping your leg elevated and moving the knee when you are lying down.
Here are some knee replacement recovery tips:
Avoid doing any work that puts pressure on the knees.
Eat nutritious meals so that the body receives proper nourishment, thus allowing your leg to heal faster.
Avoid heavy exercises which can strain your knees.
Perform all the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist to speed up the recovery process.
- Do not sit with your legs crossed for a few months after the surgery.
What is the best time to sleep?
This is one of those questions which bother many and sundry. Considering the different sleep schedules which different people might develop as a result of their work or other reasons, the correct answer is roughly around 10 p.m. It is good to follow a proper sleeping schedule so that you go to bed and wake up at the same time almost every single day. The body's internal clock or the circadian rhythm is linked to the cycle of the sun. Technically, it is better to wake up with the sun as it has a number of benefits for the human body.
The quality of sleep is known to be influenced by how late you retire for the night. The quality of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep tends to decrease if you go to sleep late. There is another type of sleep which is known as non REM sleep; this is a deeper state of sleep. The non REM sleep helps in revitalizing the body and leaves you energized once you wake up. Sleeping late at night is linked to higher levels of REM sleep, which might not be very beneficial for your physical or mental health.
If you go to bed late at night, you will experience more of the lighter REM sleep. This may lead to fatigue and restlessness the following day. It is also been shown that going to bed late and sleeping less than the usual eight hours is linked with problems in blood sugar levels and decline in cognitive function. It also raises your risks of high blood pressure.
Exposure to radiation from your cellphones or the glare from your computer screen before going to sleep may also affect the quantity and quality of your sleep. Make sure you eat a light dinner consisting of salads. Eating a heavy dinner before going to bed may cause digestive problems, thus impairing your sleep. Also make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it releases various hormones in the body that help in improving your overall wellbeing.
Are there any medicines that can increase your stamina? I am sportive and very active. But usually feel dizzy by the evening. Are energy drinks and protein shakes good for increasing stamina?
The skin covers and protects all parts of the body. It is also most exposed to the outside world including the dust, pollution and other environmental pollutants. Smooth, healthy, glowing skin is what most of us desire, in addition to diet, lifestyle and stress produce various changes to the skin, which are just totally undesirable. In addition to the cosmetic effects, they also have a huge psychological bearing on a person. Imagine a person with acne-filled face, or a person with eczema on the hands, or a person with warts on the neck. They are obviously embarrassed and try to hide the affected part with clothing.
Homeopathy believes that these skin conditions are not just due to environmental causes, but have a deep underlying health condition. Correcting that will help restore normal healthy skin and improve the overall personality and quality of life of a person. Acne, psoriasis, eczema, warts and urticaria are the most common skin ailment commonly seen. Let's know more about these skin disorder-
- Acne: Acne is a common skin disease that causes pimples. Pimples form when hair follicles under your skin clog up. Most pimples form on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. Anyone can get acne, but it is common in teenagers and young adults. It is not serious, but it can cause scars.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a noncontagious skin condition that produces plaques of thickened, scaling skin. The dry flakes of skin scales result from the excessively rapid proliferation of skin cells. The proliferation of skin cells is triggered by inflammatory chemicals produced by specialized white blood cells called lymphocytes. Psoriasis commonly affects the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp.
- Eczema: Rather than a specific condition, eczema is a group of unrelated diseases that have a similar appearance. When it is new eczema, the affected skin appears red and elevated with small blisters (vesicles) containing a clear fluid. When the blisters break, the affected skin will weep and ooze. In older eczema, chronic eczema, the blisters are less prominent and the skin is thickened, elevated, and scaling. Eczema almost always is very itchy.
- Warts: Warts are raised bumps on your skin caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Wart viruses are contagious. Warts can spread by contact with the wart or something that touched the wart. Warts are often skin-colored and feel rough, but they can be dark (brown or gray-black), flat, and smooth.
- Urticaria: Hives, also known as urticaria, affects about 20 percent of people at some time during their lives. It can be triggered by many substances or situations and usually starts as an itchy patch of skin that turns into swollen red welts. The itching may be mild to severe. Scratching, alcoholic beverages, exercise and emotional stress may worsen the itching.
However, there is a lot of overlap in terms of what homeopathic medications are used in each of these conditions. Most commonly used medicines are:
- Graphites: In patients with eruptions on the face, scalp, various joints, which are extremely itching, scaly, and dry, graphites is used. These people have dry hair with increased hair fall.
- Lycopodium: If the eruptions are dry and scaly, this can be used.
- Causticum: This is again widely used in treating warts, acne, and psoriasis.
- Calcarea: Eczema which covers the scalp and the face with white crusting, which is extremely itching especially in the morning. This is also useful in solitary warts which are round and hard.
- Sulphur: The sore skin has pustular eruptions. The scalp is dry but hot to the touch. There is a great tendency to scratch, especially at night. This is also the first choice to treat pustular acne, warts, and urticaria. It also helps in removing old scars from acne. A word of caution, it can cause exacerbation of symptoms, and this should not cause panic.
- Puslatilla: Acne is often associated with puberty, and in young girls, this is commonly used where there is an association with menstrual cycles.
- Antimonium crudum: This is widely used in warts that can be single or in groups, hard or smooth. There could be associated digestive issues and irritability.
With treatment for most of these skin troubles, there would be a dramatic improvement in the person’s mood before the actual skin problems improve. The person also would feel more motivated with higher energy levels. This is one of the major benefits of homeopathy, where not just the symptoms, but the person’s overall quality of life improves without any known side effects.