Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Mohali. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharman ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am type 2 diabetic and taking oral hypoglycemic drugs since 9months my weight reduced from 75 kgs to 69 kgs. Is this is effect of drugs.
I've got diabetes from 2009, my sugars are not in control, and off late I've not been sleeping properly, I'm exhausted, clammy/cold feeling, can't do work for more than two minutes, very weak, and constant fever.
I am 59, male. Diabetic for past 9 years. On Metformin, sitagliptin atorvastatin, glimepiride,Voglibose. The Blood Sugar was Fasting 180-220 an PP 280 to320 .BP is 120/80. No other complications. Two months back the DOCTOR advised me for Insulin 10 units BD. As I am alone staying in my house (Divorcee) I thought of going for AYURVEDA Medicine advertised in TV (ADVERTISEMENT states that it approved by Central Govt Health ministry AYUSH. The medicine name is IME -9 .But the level of Sugar now increased to 331-521. Suggest me Which system will suit. If I go for insulin injections how long I should take. Will it affect my Health after sometime. Kindly give the clarification as I am confused. My urination is frequent and thirst is also there.
Due to diabetes attack ,my mental condition are getting worse day by day ,is there any treatment for it?
I am suffering from thyroid and I put on my weight is so fast so please give me any effective suggestion.
I have sugar level 359 so I am using certain diet but it's not resulting in decreasing of sugar levels so please tell me the way to reduce my sugar levels (i have suffering from diabetics since last 10 years)
My age is 38 f i am a diabetic since 4yrs, my vision getting blurred, my teeth swells blood sometimes also giddiness. I am taking glimeperide 2mg if I go to some other doctor they also tell to take the same medicine only what to do?
Hi I am 34 year old woman my problem is baldness hair. I have hyperthyroid disease. I take hair rootz supplement but no relief so please solve my hair problem.
My weight is 90 kgs, age 30 female and my thyroid tsh report is 8.30. Please advice how much thyroxine mg should I take.
What should my uncle's blood sugar be when he wakes up (when he is fasting) and what should it be after he has his meals.
My dad is a diabetic. Today his blood sugar is 168 (fasting) I need a diet chart for him. please help me.
What are the symptoms of diabetics? What Diabetics should not eat? How does it effect foot, shoulder, etc ?
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.