Natural Cycle IVF
Male Sexual Problems
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui)
Embryo Donor Program
Fertilisation In Vitro - Embryo Transfer (Ivf - Et)
Female Sexual Problems
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Sperm Donor Program
Infertility is a condition wherein a woman does not get pregnant in spite of having unprotected intercourse over a period of a year or even more. An abnormal menstrual cycle that is either too short or too long, irregular or even scanty can be an indication of a lack of ovulation, which in turn, is another factor behind female infertility.
Ovulation disorders are characterized by either a lack of ovulation or irregular and infrequent ovulation. These are a major cause of infertility. This may be due to defects in the regulation of the reproductive hormones by the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus (brain center responsible for producing some of the most essential hormones required by the body). Malfunctioning of the ovary is another cause in itself. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, premature failure of the ovaries (a condition wherein a woman’s ovaries fail to function properly even before she is 40 years old), hypothalamic dysfunction (a dysfunction of the hypothalamus) and excessive production of prolactin (a hormone that stimulates milk production among women after childbirth) by the pituitary gland are some of the factors responsible for the occurrence of such a disorder.
Damaged fallopian tubes do not allow the sperms to fuse properly with the egg. They might also prevent the fertilized egg from entering into the uterus. This condition may be caused due to pelvic inflammatory diseases (a group of infections of the reproductive organs in women), an infection in the fallopian tubes or the uterus caused due to various Sexually Transmitted Diseases, any abdominal surgery or surgery of the pelvic region and pelvic tuberculosis.
Endometriosis, wherein the tissue that usually grows in the uterus, starts growing outside it, is another factor responsible for infertility.
Several cervical or uterine disorders, such as tumors, inflammation within the uterus, uterine abnormalities, a cervical narrowing or the inability of the cervix to produce mucous for the sperm to travel to the uterus, are likely to impact fertility by obstructing implantation or enhancing the chances of miscarriage.
Fertility drugs can be used to regulate and induce ovulation. But they carry with them certain risks and therefore you should consult your physician prior to consumption. Few examples of these drugs are Clomiphene Citrate, Gonadotropins, Metformin, Letrozole and Bromocriptine.
Surgical procedures can be recommended to correct reproductive abnormalities and restore fertility. A laparoscopic surgery or a tubal ligation reversal surgery (a surgery that unites one’s fallopian tubes again in order to enable the woman to have a baby) can be advised by the doctor.
- Reproductive assistance by Intrauterine insemination (a process that involves putting sperms inside a woman’s uterus in order to help her conceive) and Assisted reproductive technology (consisting of IVF and surrogacy).
My wife has two abortion in 9 months between abortion 2 _2 months so please advise what process if next time Good pregnancy no chance again abortion please advise.
Childbirth comes within an age bracket. Women feel this more so than men. Career demands or other personal choices can delay the time to get pregnant. Thus, freezing your eggs can prove to be beneficial, if you delay childbirth to focus on your career or education, or if you have certain medical conditions such as cancer.
- Egg Retrieval: Before the eggs are harvested, there is a lot you have to do. The first month is spent taking blood tests and ultrasounds. In the second month, you will have to take medicines before your procedure for egg retrieval. Ultrasounds and blood tests are also conducted at this stage to monitor the growth of the eggs. Around the time of your ovulation, the eggs will be harvested. You will be lightly sedated during the procedure. After the procedure, you might feel bloated and experience cramping. At least 15 eggs are retrieved for optimum chances. The medicines prescribed are all hormone injections which you can self-administer.
- Freezing and Storage: The largest human cell is the egg. It is comprised mainly of water. When the eggs are frozen, crystals can form which can destroy it. So an anti-freeze replaces the water after the eggs are dehydrated. This prevents crystal formation. Eggs are frozen using vitrification. In this process, the eggs are either slowly or flash frozen. Eggs can be frozen for as long as 10 years. This does not hamper the quality.
- Risks: There is no guarantee that freezing eggs will lead to having a baby. Sometimes, eggs do not survive the freezing or the thaw.
- Advantages: For women who are suffering from cancer, freezing their eggs might be the best option. They might want to preserve their fertility before their cancer treatment starts. This is useful since radiation and chemotherapy can harm your chances of getting pregnant.
The obvious advantage of freezing your eggs would be the fact that it gives you time. It lets you decide and keeps you one step ahead of your biological clock.
My progesterone level on cd 23 has come as 7.69 .what does this indicate abt ovulation and is the level sufficient to conceive. Shd I go for progesterone supplements. I am trying to conceive. Pls help.
Hi Doctor We are a newly married couple trying for a baby for almost 3 months. We have not got any positive results so far. We have couple of questions 1. Whenever we have sex my sperm comes out from her. Is this normal or are we doing it wrongly? 2. Do we need to go for checkup? If yes what kind of it? Thanks Balaji.
Does eating chicken will cause any problems in conceive. Eg. Grill, charcoal chicken weekly twice. Please give a solution.
Hello doc, I got married before 10 months since 6 months me and my wife are trying to get pregnant but not successful yet. Wht could be a possibly cause? Is thr any problem? We consult to our local doctor she checked the vaginal colle of my wife she said tht colle is swollen inside and it is a sign of pregnancy but at the end of month my period comes. So please suggest what's going on?
Mai abhi baby conceive k liye try nahi kar rahi. But mai diwali 19octomber per chahati hu threw normal delivery jaha tak possible ho. To feb late nahi hoga kya baby conceive k liye. Right time kya hoga for conceive which month date.
Hello doc! I want to know till how long can a sperm live in vagina or uterus after intercourse. Want to know till how long can a female conceive after sexuàl intercourse. Is it possible to conceive after 6 months of the intercourse when you had periods for those 6 months continuously. thanks in anticipation!
Hello Dr. Am 24 year old female. Trying for baby married about 2 year Dr. Told me my all reports are normal and my husband (35 old) reports are also normal, Dr. Giving treatment fertomid tablet 2 tablet at night and folic acid 1 tab @morning. About three months taken My weight is 69, height is 5.2 bu my stomach is increasing day by day look like am pregnant but not am pregnant worried about this why this is happening. Is weight is cause to my pregnancy and is to-do non veg control .tell me worried about this tell me give me any medicine for weight loss please please please Dr.
Hello Dr. Am 24 old female. Trying for baby married about 2 year Dr. Told me my all reports are normal hubby (35 old) reports are also normal, then Dr. Giving treatment fertomid tablet 2 tablet at night and folic acid 1 tab @morning. My weight is 69 height is 5.2 Dr. Told me loose your wait. How to lose weight is it cause to my pregnancy and me give me any medicine for weight loss please please please.
My age is 32. My husband age is 33. I got married in the month of may. I want to become pregnant. He wil come only on Saturday and sunday. We have intercourse on that time only. I had constipation problem. Last month I checked haemoglobin, thyroid, pressure,sugar. All normal. We have tried in so many ways. All things got failure. Some people are saying after the period you should not take sweets, egg etc. My doubt is wat food have 2 take for getting pregnant. Another is constipation avoid pregnancy.
Hi all, I have used clomid for ovulation I got one follicle at left ovary means one matured egg gone for IUI. LMP is 23 Rd November. Today is 10 th day of missed period. I went for ultra scan thy are able to see two different sacs. They said one baby confirmed. Abt second one had to wait one more week. My doubt is I had only one egg how come two baby's.is that twins or gestational sac.
1. Age: age is a major factor that can lead to infertility for either partner. Usually, the trend now is to delay having a baby until a woman is in her thirties or even forties, in some cases. This has an adverse effect, particularly on the age of the maternal egg which may or may not be effective as far as fertilisation goes. With the advancement of age, one loses the guarantee of genetic normalcy of the egg as well.
2. Disorders in ovulation in females: ovulation is an essential function that helps in releasing the egg that needs to be fertilised when it comes together with the sperm at the time of ovulation. This usually occurs at a certain time every month. But disorders like pcos or polycystic ovary syndrome can lead to an inability on the part of the ovaries to release these eggs. The treatment for this includes medication that will help in maintaining more regular cycles for the release of eggs.
3. Male factor causing infertility: in many cases, it has been seen that anomalies in the semen analysis reveal problems of infertility with males as of low sperm count, low motility of sperm, low quantity of alive and active sperm when it comes to natural conception. In such cases, a sexologist can prescribe you medicines that will increase the semen production for better quantity and quality of the sperm. The doctor can also ask the patient to go through a number of lifestyle changes too includes abstinence from smoking and excessive drinking, as well as the cultivation of a less stressful environment. Hormonal treatment or even surgery may also required to help in some severe cases.
4. Endometrial polyps: in such cases, the female partner may develop finger like growths that can protrude in the form of tissue and come out of the uterine layer or the uterus. The removal of these polyps with the help of surgical procedures usually helps in such cases.
In many cases where mediation fails, the patients may have to go through ivf (in vitro fertilisation) or other such procedures to conceive a child with artificial methods. One must explore all options and find out the best one in terms of the infertility causes that the couple may be facing. You will also need to ensure that you have a well trained and experienced sexologist doctor who can help you with the process and guide you completely about the cause of problem and prescribe you best treatment to manage infertility at the right point of time.
I'm planning for a baby. My wifes reports are normal. My semen analysis has a good count but very low motility and dead sperms are 75%, which I think is a reason that I did not have baby so far. I am taking ferbomid 25 and paternia xt tablets as per doctor's advise. One month I took the medicine n then stopped it. But no luck. Can you please suggest something to me.
The concept of egg quality of a woman is derived from the belief that the embryo implantation probability is powerfully related to the age and ovarian reserve of the woman. Thus, it is regarded that the quality of the egg is almost synonymous with the chances of embryo implantation. Its quality cannot be assessed merely by looking at the egg or measuring its ability to receive the fertilization by sperm or simply observing the initial embryo division.
There are a few important factors that contribute to the success or failure of the embryo implantation and some of them are:
- Diminished ovarian reserve: A woman with an increased FSH level on the third day of the menses is regarded as having diminished reserve of ovary. This implies that her ovary is not competent in sending feedback signals to the pituitary gland and the body responds by producing an increased amount of FSH for stimulating the ovary. For more than 10 years, it has been found that in over thousands of fertility treatment cycles, women with an increased FSH level have a lower egg quality.
- Advanced age of maternity: Even though the FSH level is normal, the age of the mother who provides the eggs plays an important role to determine the quality of the egg. Quite like women with increased FSH levels, eggs obtained from women aged more than 40 years can have some problems at a later stage of fertilization. Normal FSH levels are not considered a reassuring factor, owing to the lower implantation rate in females aged over 45 years.
- Diminished quality of egg: With an increase in age, the capacity of the mitochondria in producing energy slowly decreases. The egg is linked to the circulation before ovulation, and it is linked again after the embryo implantation. But during the one week time ranging from ovulation to implantation, the egg and the resulting embryo are contained in the zona pellucida and function on the basis of mitochondrial energy supply. The older age of the woman doesn’t cause any problem at the initial stage of ovulation. Its fertilization and embryonic development are also normal. But soon, it runs out of energy and stops dividing before reaching the stage of implantation.
Therefore, it is important to have the eggs tested to find out any sort of chromosomal abnormality. In case the mother is deficient of producing high quality eggs, the best option is to have donor eggs.