Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Palak Mittal
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Palak MittalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Well this is the highly effective and most trust worthiness Dietitian for whom i can say that she is d one who can make me slim, and can develop my personality :p its near about 1.5 month when i started following Dt. Palak Mittal and after examining my body fat and BMI she suggested me quite a few easy and nutritious diet plan which helped me in losing weight. I am a person who is very fond of street food, ice cream, etc but after following the diet plan there was not full restriction on dese type of food but a little control over them and a proper diet following has helped me to lose 6kg of weight in 1.5 month. It was just like a miracle for me that people like me also can lose weight and dat too just by simple diet following process without any supplements. After losing just 6kg i feel highly active and d credit goes to one and only one Dt. Palak Mittal. I m highly thankful to Dt. Palak Mittal for helping me to reduce weight. Thank You
Highly recommended!! Ever since I have taken diet plan from Palak dietician, the differences are quite noticeable. I was advised to take low calorie plan from her as I am highly obese and it's been only 20 days and I've already lost 2 kgs. There are other benefits to this as well as your other diet related problems get fixed as well. During these 20 days, she has been very very supportive and always motivating me to never give up, she's completely professional when it comes to this. The speciality of plan is that even though you're on a diet, you get to eat a lot, and seriously who doesn't like that? Lol
It's amazing!!! It has helped me in losing weight by correct means and in a more healthy way than losing it through exercises that weren't meant for me. Palak's diet clinic provides you with great knowledge about self and your body. Has helped me in feeling more confident about myself!! Thank you so much for your kind help and time!! :*
Best Dietitian i ever had, in a touch with her since 2 years and so. A huge role in my family's life to build their healthy lifestyle, still going strong with her guidelines and great counselling. Thank you so much and wishing you all the very best for your life and career. Got the every success you deserve. Stay Blessed.
Excellent services, customized diet plan which help you reach the desired goals.So try and get Amazing Results..
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Palak Mittal to be very helpful. Thank you for your helpful response
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Palak Mittal to be knowledgeable. Good
M over weight. Now started dieting. 2 roti at nun n at nyt. With 2 hours of work out including 4 dfrnt cardio exercise. Is this ol? Can I loss weight by following this chart?
The market is flooded with different types of supplements required for a healthy body. The same is in case of whey protein, it comes in powdered form and is available across stores. These supplements are blended with vitamins, sugar, minerals and flavoring. It is very important that the right type of whey protein is selected and according to the needs. It is not necessary that only the big-bodied people make use of Whey protein, but it is important to incorporate Whey protein in your daily food routine.
Need for whey protein in the body
- The main reason why you really need to take whey protein is that it is helps to lose fat and preserve the muscles of the body.
- The amount of protein that is required by recreational athletes is about 0.5-0.75 grams of protein each day for every pound of their body weight.
- Adults can take about 0.9 grams per pound of their body weight. Whey protein acts as fuel for the body on which your muscles run, and it is very vital for revival after a workout.
Why intake of whey protein is necessary?
You can take whey protein even to reduce hunger and avoid developing a physique that is shaped like a ball. The most effective use of whey protein is that it protects against different forms of cancers like colon cancer and prostrate cancer. It is very important to consult a medical professional and then include whey protein in the diet to fight against cancer.
- Whey protein is an excellent alternative that can be taken to cope with stress and people who consume whey protein experience less indication of depression.
- Consuming whey protein daily keeps their mood better and especially the whey protein shake is very refreshing.
- Based on the research conducted by the University of Alberta, it has been found that whey protein is needed even to improve the immune system of the body.
- Males who are subjected to strenuous aerobic activity must for certain take the whey protein as the levels of glutathione can be reduced, and it can create great impact on the nervous, immune and gastrointestinal system.
- You can purchase whey protein supplements or powder from online stores.
- Whey protein is a 100% original and authentic product.
- Intake of whey protein provides greater results, and it is excellent for those who desire to shed some fat. You can even try eating the whey protein bar if you desire to have some snack.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is a commonly known fact that workouts are necessary for the maintenance and well-being of our system. While working is on everybody’s mind, must also work out with the sole aim of wanting to reduce their weight. To achieve your weight loss goals proper diet combined with exercise is the best
For all those wanting to start their workout regime has to bear in mind that one cannot exercise without having something to eat as diet and exercise go hand in hand. In fact. Diet contributes 70% and exercises 30% to achieve the desired results. But 70% diet does not mean you have to eat less, it means that you eat the right meal at the right time and in the right proportion. Hence it is very necessary to look into your pre-work meals.
Why proper pre-workout meals are necessary!
- One of the reasons to have something to eat before you start your work out is to protect your muscles from overstrain by reducing the glycogen depletion and the breakdown of the muscle protein. Also, the levels of the stress hormone called cortisol can be maintained at the optimal level by giving your body the proper nutrition that it needs.
- Pre-workout meals should be a combination of complex carbohydrates and simple carbohydrates for a slow and steady release of energy throughout your workout. Along with carbohydrates adding a small amount of protein helps to decrease the exercise-induced muscle loss. When you exercise, blood flow is diverted away from your digestive system to your muscles. Hence one should avoid meals which take time to digest like meals high in fats and fibre.
- Ideally, if you work out in the mid-day, afternoon or in the evening one should eat about 2-3 hours before the workout to give time for your system to move the food out of the stomach and begin digestion and absorption. Some of the examples of pre work out meals can be whole wheat toast with banana and low-fat yoghurt and fruit smoothies with some granola bar or any traditional Indian balanced meal.
- For early morning workouts, your glycogen (stored carbohydrates) and blood sugar levels are low. The time between your last meal at night and early morning, tend to be between 10-12 hours. During this overnight fast, your glycogen stores slowly decline because it is being used up to keep various bodily functions going while you sleep. So for early morning workouts, eating a small amount of rapidly digestible carbohydrate like any seasonal fruit be the best choice.
I have put down a list of few foods that you can have a workout! By feeding your system with proper nutrition before any form of exercise you can achieve positive results
The consumption of fruits with a high glycemic index can be ideal for a workout. The high GI fruits not only contain low fat but also contain easily digestible sugars. This helps the food to digest well before the workout and the necessary fuel needed for a vigorous workout is also obtained. Also, you do not feel this healthy snack bouncing in your stomach while exercising, thus relieving you of an uncomfortable feeling. Some of the fruits which can be consumed are the banana, apple, mango, pineapple, watermelon, etc.
Dried fruits, as well as nuts like almonds and walnuts, can be an excellent pre-workout snack. Firstly, they get digested very fast and thus you can grab a hand full of the nuts just before you head to the gym. Also, they comprise of carbohydrates, which can be easily broken down and provide you with the necessary energy during a vigorous exercise.
3. Chia Seeds:
Packed with powerful antioxidants, omega-3 fats and proteins, chia seeds can form a perfect pre-workout meal. These help in getting the much-needed energy, strength and stamina, you can safely vouch for chia seeds.
Rich in fibre and vitamin B content, oatmeal can be voted as another best pre-workout food. Because of a large amount of fibre in it, it gets digested slowly, providing a steady release of energy into the bloodstream. This can keep your energy levels up for a long time.
But a word of #caution! Oatmeal gives best results during a workout when consumed at least half an hour before you hit the gym.
5. Lemon and Honey water:
To start your day fresh before a workout, you can consume lemon and honey water. The honey and lemon combination can give you the much-needed energy to sustain throughout the workout. Being an excellent detoxifier, drinking this is a sure way to achieve your weight loss goals.
Packed with protein content, yogurt should be had well before workouts. It prevents muscle damage and when combined with fruits, it can form an excellent pre-workout snack.
Have a happy workout by consuming the above-listed foods and stay fit and healthy!
Race among the various healthy edible oils is still on and it will keep going as oils have their unique properties and flavors, which are beneficial for the proper functioning of our body. The fat intake, obtained from cooking oils should consist of balanced fat, as it would provide important nutrients to sustain a fit and healthy life.
Rice bran and Soybean oil are edible vegetable oils commonly used in Asian countries. All oils have their unique flavors and properties which give them their own pros and cons.
Health benefits of rice bran oil
- Contains Tocotrienols which are members of the vitamin E family with natural antioxidant properties that can help prevent cardiovascular diseases and some types of cancer.
- Rice bran oil is unique in containing Oryzanol, a powerful antioxidant. Studies have shown that it can reduce plasma cholesterol and cholesterol absorption. This can lead to decrease in early atherosclerosis, inhibition of platelet aggregation, and increase in faecal bile acid excretion. Oryzanol also has been used to treat nerve imbalance and disorders of menopause.
- Rice bran oil contains high levels of antioxidants. This helps in boosting metabolic rate, which in turn aids weight loss.
- Rice bran oil is also considered extremely good for the skin. It contains Squalene that can be easily by the skin, which keeps it supple, soft, and smooth.
Health benefits of soya bean oil
- It is a modest source of antioxidant vitamin E which protects cell membrane, skin, and mucosa from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Soya bean oil contains phytosterols, which is a class of naturally-occurring compounds found in plants that are similar to cholesterol. Due to this structural similarity, phytosterols competitively inhibit cholesterol absorption in the gut and can reduce blood cholesterol levels by 10% -15%.
- Soya bean oil also contains vitamin K, which helps in bone formation and can prevent nerve damage in the brain that makes it useful in Alzheimer’s disease.
When comparing the two, rice bran oil is considered one of the best in terms of quality and various other factors. However, soya bean oil is no less and is highly preferred due to the affordability and availability. Both rice bran oil and soya bean oil have a high smoke point and are considered good for high heat cooking. Both oils also contain vitamin E and are rich in antioxidants. Rice bran oil is, however, regarded as a better option for females during their menopause period, as the chemical content present in it lessens the pain. However, soya bean oil contains no cholesterol, making it an excellent choice for patients suffering from heart diseases or high cholesterol levels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother not feeling well from 15 days cold and flu not eating food from 2 days and lots of flu in the chest.
You must have come across people who complaint about having something called ‘gout’. Gout is a disease characterized by an abnormal metabolism of uric acid, resulting in an excess of uric acid in the tissues and blood.
Follow these tips which will help you lower your uric acid levels:
1) increase water intake-
Water is required to flush off the uric acid formed in the body. When the body is well hydrated, uric acid crystals are difficult to form. Drink at least 3-4 liters per day to remove the uric acid from the body. You can include buttermilk, coconut water, lemon water, green tea etc to increase your overall fluid intake
2) reduce intake of purine rich food-
Uric acid is formed by breakdown of proteins called purines. Although, it is naturally formed by the body, it is also obtained from certain foods like red meat, mushrooms, baked products containing yeast and fermented products. You can include lentils, split dals, milk, egg whites etc to improve your protein intake.
3) high fiber food–
Foods high in fiber absorb uric acid present in the blood stream and thus easily eliminating it through kidneys. Good fiber sources are fruits, vegetables, whole grains and products over refined products.
4) avoid intake of caffeine and alcohol-
Caffeine and products containing caffeine like coffee, tea, aerated drinks, and alcohol hinder excretion of uric acid from the blood stream by binding it.
5) consume good amount of vitamin c rich foods-
Vitamin c helps in excretion of uric acid. Sources of vitamin c- citrus fruits, bell peppers, cabbage, amla (indian gooseberry), guava, etc will help reduce uric acid.
6) reduce sugar intake-
Sugar interferes with excretion of uric acid. A study mentioned that daily intake of 300 ml serving of sweetened drink increases chances of gout by 13%
7) consuming apple cider vinegar-
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which turns alkaline in body making the environment alkaline. It is said that it breaks the uric acid crystals and prevents from recurrence by aiding blood circulation and purification. It reduces inflammation and swelling in the joints allowing for better flexibility of the joints.
Try these simple instructions and you can definitely see the changes.
Age 18 sir body building krni h protein lena shii h ya nhii ya ek ache nutrient's k paas Jakar Salah lu.
You may have heard that carbohydrates can lead to weight gain (and this very statement might cause you think that sugar is worse) but you probably have also heard that fat can lead to weight gain (and this statement may end you up thinking fat is worse). With these two different thoughts in your head, you find yourself hopping from a low-fat diet to a low-carb diet and then back to a low-fat diet.
Well, if you are confused as to which one is worse (Fat or Sugar), you are not the only one. This 'fat v/s. sugar' debate has been in the news for a long time and has created a truckload of articles - none of which come up with a clear picture. Here is the truth: while there is actually no good sugar that you can include in your everyday diet, fat can be good or bad (depending on the kind you pick).
Excessive Sugar Equals Fat:
Excessive sugar converts to fat in your body; as you eat something sugary or drink a soda, your body does not use all the energy that is produced by sugar. The extra sugar that you consumed, is stored by your body and eventually, is turned into fats. Therefore, an intake of too much sugar has no nutritional value other than it getting stored in the body and converting to fat. Sugar is present in common snacks like biscuits and cakes, cereals, fruits, aerated drinks, smoothies and ready meals. Limiting the sugar intake should be a priority for you to maintain a healthy body. There are many negatives of a high sugar diet.
- High sugar diets can lead to resistance to insulin resulting in diabetes.
- The main reason for causing caries in teeth.
- Sugar-rich diet raises Low Dietary Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol), blood glucose and insulin levels. These are all major risk factors for heart disease.
- Sugar is addictive and causes the release of dopamine in the brain. The pleasure sensation that the brain gets when dopamine levels are elevated creates addiction.
- Excess sugar is not used up by the body and is stored as fat for future use. It is a major cause of obesity.
However, fruits contain a small amount of fructose. Humans can easily tolerate the small amounts of fructose found in fruit. Reduce the added table sugar in your diet.
Fat Depends - there are good fats and bad fats:
Fat is considered deleterious to health and the root cause of high cholesterol. However, there are different kinds of dietary fats
- Saturated - Animal fats and dairy
- Monounsaturated - Olive oil, avocado, ground nuts and
- Polyunsaturated - Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats in fish, walnut and flax seeds.
Eating a moderate amount of saturated fats, such those found in butter and meats, coconut oil along with seed oils such as olive and avocado are okay.
Foods with good fats are vital for good health:
- Essential for absorption of fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin A (vision), Vitamin D (strong bones), Vitamin K (blood clotting), and Vitamin E (healthy skin). These vitamins are vital for brain health.
- Saturated fats found in butter and coconut oil play a role in improving immunity. The saturated fats are present in white blood cells and their loss can reduce the ability of white blood cells (WBC's) to kill germs.
- Less fat in the diet can lead to skin becoming dry and chapped.
- Fats provide twice the caloric energy as sugars. A fat rich meal helps to keep the body satisfied. A diet rich in walnuts, salmon, olive oil, and butter aids in weight maintenance.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats raise the levels of Low Dietary Lipoprotein (LDL or good cholesterol) in the blood.
Both sugar and fat cause us serious medical problems and especially when bad fats are combined with sugar in a meal. You need to come up with a diet plan that avoids sugar completely and uses only good fats. Also, avoid processed foods and eat whole natural foods along with regular exercise. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!