Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Palak Mittal
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Palak MittalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Well this is the highly effective and most trust worthiness Dietitian for whom i can say that she is d one who can make me slim, and can develop my personality :p its near about 1.5 month when i started following Dt. Palak Mittal and after examining my body fat and BMI she suggested me quite a few easy and nutritious diet plan which helped me in losing weight. I am a person who is very fond of street food, ice cream, etc but after following the diet plan there was not full restriction on dese type of food but a little control over them and a proper diet following has helped me to lose 6kg of weight in 1.5 month. It was just like a miracle for me that people like me also can lose weight and dat too just by simple diet following process without any supplements. After losing just 6kg i feel highly active and d credit goes to one and only one Dt. Palak Mittal. I m highly thankful to Dt. Palak Mittal for helping me to reduce weight. Thank You
Highly recommended!! Ever since I have taken diet plan from Palak dietician, the differences are quite noticeable. I was advised to take low calorie plan from her as I am highly obese and it's been only 20 days and I've already lost 2 kgs. There are other benefits to this as well as your other diet related problems get fixed as well. During these 20 days, she has been very very supportive and always motivating me to never give up, she's completely professional when it comes to this. The speciality of plan is that even though you're on a diet, you get to eat a lot, and seriously who doesn't like that? Lol
It's amazing!!! It has helped me in losing weight by correct means and in a more healthy way than losing it through exercises that weren't meant for me. Palak's diet clinic provides you with great knowledge about self and your body. Has helped me in feeling more confident about myself!! Thank you so much for your kind help and time!! :*
Best Dietitian i ever had, in a touch with her since 2 years and so. A huge role in my family's life to build their healthy lifestyle, still going strong with her guidelines and great counselling. Thank you so much and wishing you all the very best for your life and career. Got the every success you deserve. Stay Blessed.
Excellent services, customized diet plan which help you reach the desired goals.So try and get Amazing Results..
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Palak Mittal to be very helpful. Thank you for your helpful response
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Palak Mittal to be knowledgeable. Good
Rice bran and Soybean oil are edible vegetable oils commonly used in Asian countries. All oils have their unique flavours and properties which give them their own pros and cons.
Rice bran oil
Obtained from rice bran (rice husks), it is mild and nutty in flavour which leaves no lingering aftertaste. It is one of the most balanced oil with 47% MUFA, 33% PUFA, and 20% SFA.
Health benefits of rice bran oil
- Contains Tocotrienols which are members of the vitamin E family with natural antioxidant properties that can help prevent cardiovascular diseases and some types of cancer.
- Rice bran oil is unique in containing Oryzanol, a powerful antioxidant. Studies have shown that it can reduce plasma cholesterol and cholesterol absorption. This can lead to decrease in early atherosclerosis, inhibition of platelet aggregation, and increase in faecal bile acid excretion. Oryzanol also has been used to treat nerve imbalance and disorders of menopause.
- Rice bran oil contains high levels of antioxidants. This helps in boosting metabolic rate, which in turn aids weight loss.
- Rice bran oil is also considered extremely good for the skin. It contains Squalene that can be easily by the skin, which keeps it supple, soft, and smooth.
Soya bean oil
The oil is obtained from the soybean seeds and has an imperceptible odour support which enhances the natural flavours. It contains 53 % PUFA and 27% MUFA and consists of only 15% SFA.
Health benefits of soya bean oil
- It is a modest source of antioxidant vitamin E which protects cell membrane, skin and mucosa from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- Soya bean oil contains phytosterols, which is a class of naturally-occurring compounds found in plants that are similar to cholesterol. Due to this structural similarity, phytosterols competitively inhibit cholesterol absorption in the gut and can reduce blood cholesterol levels by 10% -15%.
- Soya bean oil also contains vitamin K, which helps in bone formation and can prevent nerve damage in the brain that makes it useful in Alzheimer’s disease.
When comparing the two, rice bran oil is considered one of the best in terms of quality and various other factors. However, soya bean oil is no less and is highly preferred due to the affordability and availability. Both rice bran oil and soya bean oil have a high smoke point and are considered good for high heat cooking. Both oils also contain vitamin E and are rich in antioxidants. Rice bran oil is, however, regarded as a better option for females during their menopause period, as the chemical content present in it lessens the pain. However, soya bean oil contains no cholesterol, making it an excellent choice for patients suffering from heart diseases or high cholesterol levels. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother not feeling well from 15 days cold and flu not eating food from 2 days and lots of flu in the chest.
You must have come across people who complaint about having something called ‘gout’. Gout is a disease characterized by an abnormal metabolism of uric acid, resulting in an excess of uric acid in the tissues and blood.
Follow these tips which will help you lower your uric acid levels:
1) increase water intake-
Water is required to flush off the uric acid formed in the body. When the body is well hydrated, uric acid crystals are difficult to form. Drink at least 3-4 liters per day to remove the uric acid from the body. You can include buttermilk, coconut water, lemon water, green tea etc to increase your overall fluid intake
2) reduce intake of purine rich food-
Uric acid is formed by breakdown of proteins called purines. Although, it is naturally formed by the body, it is also obtained from certain foods like red meat, mushrooms, baked products containing yeast and fermented products. You can include lentils, split dals, milk, egg whites etc to improve your protein intake.
3) high fiber food–
Foods high in fiber absorb uric acid present in the blood stream and thus easily eliminating it through kidneys. Good fiber sources are fruits, vegetables, whole grains and products over refined products.
4) avoid intake of caffeine and alcohol-
Caffeine and products containing caffeine like coffee, tea, aerated drinks, and alcohol hinder excretion of uric acid from the blood stream by binding it.
5) consume good amount of vitamin c rich foods-
Vitamin c helps in excretion of uric acid. Sources of vitamin c- citrus fruits, bell peppers, cabbage, amla (indian gooseberry), guava, etc will help reduce uric acid.
6) reduce sugar intake-
Sugar interferes with excretion of uric acid. A study mentioned that daily intake of 300 ml serving of sweetened drink increases chances of gout by 13%
7) consuming apple cider vinegar-
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which turns alkaline in body making the environment alkaline. It is said that it breaks the uric acid crystals and prevents from recurrence by aiding blood circulation and purification. It reduces inflammation and swelling in the joints allowing for better flexibility of the joints.
Try these simple instructions and you can definitely see the changes.
Age 18 sir body building krni h protein lena shii h ya nhii ya ek ache nutrient's k paas Jakar Salah lu.
You may have heard that carbohydrates can lead to weight gain (and this very statement might cause you think that sugar is worse) but you probably have also heard that fat can lead to weight gain (and this statement may end you up thinking fat is worse). With these two different thoughts in your head, you find yourself hopping from a low-fat diet to a low-carb diet and then back to a low-fat diet.
Well, if you are confused as to which one is worse (Fat or Sugar), you are not the only one. This 'fat v/s. sugar' debate has been in the news for a long time and has created a truckload of articles - none of which come up with a clear picture. Here is the truth: while there is actually no good sugar that you can include in your everyday diet, fat can be good or bad (depending on the kind you pick).
Excessive Sugar Equals Fat:
Excessive sugar converts to fat in your body; as you eat something sugary or drink a soda, your body does not use all the energy that is produced by sugar. The extra sugar that you consumed, is stored by your body and eventually, is turned into fats. Therefore, an intake of too much sugar has no nutritional value other than it getting stored in the body and converting to fat. Sugar is present in common snacks like biscuits and cakes, cereals, fruits, aerated drinks, smoothies and ready meals. Limiting the sugar intake should be a priority for you to maintain a healthy body. There are many negatives of a high sugar diet.
- High sugar diets can lead to resistance to insulin resulting in diabetes.
- The main reason for causing caries in teeth.
- Sugar-rich diet raises Low Dietary Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol), blood glucose and insulin levels. These are all major risk factors for heart disease.
- Sugar is addictive and causes the release of dopamine in the brain. The pleasure sensation that the brain gets when dopamine levels are elevated creates addiction.
- Excess sugar is not used up by the body and is stored as fat for future use. It is a major cause of obesity.
However, fruits contain a small amount of fructose. Humans can easily tolerate the small amounts of fructose found in fruit. Reduce the added table sugar in your diet.
Fat Depends - there are good fats and bad fats:
Fat is considered deleterious to health and the root cause of high cholesterol. However, there are different kinds of dietary fats
- Saturated - Animal fats and dairy
- Monounsaturated - Olive oil, avocado, ground nuts and
- Polyunsaturated - Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats in fish, walnut and flax seeds.
Eating a moderate amount of saturated fats, such those found in butter and meats, coconut oil along with seed oils such as olive and avocado are okay.
Foods with good fats are vital for good health:
- Essential for absorption of fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin A (vision), Vitamin D (strong bones), Vitamin K (blood clotting), and Vitamin E (healthy skin). These vitamins are vital for brain health.
- Saturated fats found in butter and coconut oil play a role in improving immunity. The saturated fats are present in white blood cells and their loss can reduce the ability of white blood cells (WBC's) to kill germs.
- Less fat in the diet can lead to skin becoming dry and chapped.
- Fats provide twice the caloric energy as sugars. A fat rich meal helps to keep the body satisfied. A diet rich in walnuts, salmon, olive oil, and butter aids in weight maintenance.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats raise the levels of Low Dietary Lipoprotein (LDL or good cholesterol) in the blood.
Both sugar and fat cause us serious medical problems and especially when bad fats are combined with sugar in a meal. You need to come up with a diet plan that avoids sugar completely and uses only good fats. Also, avoid processed foods and eat whole natural foods along with regular exercise. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have fat deposited in the lower hip region on both sides. Can you suggest some ways to get rid of them and loose weight?
Im a cricketer (state level) and we go through heavy practice sessions I've got a flabby physique and I need to loose more weight Please suggest a diet plan I do not eat meat and fish.
India is popular for its spicy food. The sheer number of whole and ground spices used in indian foods is sometimes intimidating. Each dish has its own combination of spices and its own unique flavor. The spices not just add flavor to your food but they also have many health benefits. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, many spices are good for your health. Some of the spices also improve your metabolic rate and help in losing weight. Here is a list of indian spices that help your body to burn more fat. So, spice up your dishes!
According to a recent study, cinnamon may boost your metabolism. This sweet, fragrant spice also regulates your blood pressure. It lowers level of total cholesterol, bad cholesterol, triglyceride and blood sugar in type 2 diabetes patients. Cinnamon increases the metabolism of glucose by around 20 times. This spice will help you lose weight faster.
How to use?
You can prepare cinnamon, honey and lemon drink- boil a pinch of cinnamon in a cup of water. Sieve and add a tablespoon of honey and squeeze some lemon into it.
The pungent, yellow spice is known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, anti-mutagenic, anti-carcinogenic and anti-fungal properties. It also helps you lose excess weight. The spice ups your body heat and this can result in improved metabolism.
How to use?
Use it in your curries, chicken and in milk to gain the health benefits of turmeric.
The spicy ginger regulates your blood sugar levels and helps prevent an increase in the level of glucose. Like turmeric, ginger has thermogenic or fat-burning properties. You can add it to your stir-fried vegetables or tea or chicken. It improves the taste and helps you in weight loss.
How to use?
Prepare a jeera ginger drink.
Boil a tsp of jeera and some crushed ginger in a glass of water. Boil till it starts reducing, sieve it and drink after 30mins of lunch and dinner to ease digestion.
3. Black pepper
Black pepper has a pungent flavor, thanks to the presence of the substance known as piperine and this substance also prevent new fat cell formation. The bioavailability of other foods is also increased by black pepper. It makes the food not only tasty but also healthy.
If you eat fresh pepper, and begins to perspire, that’s the pepper helping your body to get rid of excess water and toxins, but you need to control consumption, a pinch with your food (one meal) is enough.
How to use?
4. Black pepper tea.
Easy to prepare and the best way to consume black pepper for weight loss.
You can use ginger, lemon, honey, tulsi, cinnamon, or green tea bags to prepare the tea. Use 1/2-1 tsp freshly ground black pepper and drink it before breakfast.
Regular consumption will not only help you in losing weight but also improve your skin and prevent gut problems.
Do not consume too much as it may cause gastrointestinal problems, burning sensation in eyes, stomach irritation. If you feel uneasy, stop use of black pepper immediately.
Adding garlic to your diet will help you burn more fat and lose weight faster. Try to use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder or granules.
Here’s how it works
- Garlic stimulates the satiety hormone which reduces binge eating, sugar cravings, junk food, and oily stuff.
- It releases the norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter which boosts metabolism.
- The allicin present in it lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and insulin levels.
- Garlic inhibits the process breaking down stored fats.
- It is a powerful detoxifier and effective diuretic.
- It contains trace minerals (sulfur, selenium, magnesium, zinc, copper and iron), amino acids and vitamins a, c, and e.
- It helps to dissolve blood clots that lead to heart stroke.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- It helps to remove excess mucus from the body.
How to use?
- Squeeze juice of 1 lemon in a cup of water.
- Chew 3 garlic cloves followed by the lemon water.
- Or add crush the garlic cloves, stir in the lemon water and drink.
- Repeat the process every morning.
These spices will help you to shed those extra kilos but you also need to change your lifestyle to a healthier one and should have a healthy diet.type diabetes