Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Asthma Management Program
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening For Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for seepiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Amazing....the way she handles patients and replies are great..her prescriptions really work
Dr. Seepika Jaiswal provides answers that are very helpful. Tq
For last six months I am not able to sleep properly. After 1 hour of going to bed, I get my sleep and it only last 4-5 hours. What should I do?
Changes in the look and feel of your skin during cold, winter months are not abnormal, but you can counteract unpleasant irritation.
What are the signs?
The telltale symptoms of dry skin are easy to spot: skin just generally feels drier and tighter. Other signs may include roughness, itching, severe redness, flaking and scaling. Sometimes pores become less visible or skin may look dull. In severe cases, skin may crack and bleed, especially on the hands and fingertips.
Why does it happen?
Sun exposure or cold, dry air can cause skin to become dehydrated. Dry skin is more common in the winter because the air contains less humidity. It can also be genetic or hereditary, or a natural effect of aging.
What are your options?
Over-the-counter lotions, such as eucerin and cure acute;l, can relieve dryness and flaking. Or try a body cream that contains oil to help seal in moisture. Look for fragrance-free products with alpha hydroxy acids, which gently exfoliate to allow more water and moisture into the skin.
Avoid antibacterial and deodorant soaps, which can be harsh and drying. Instead, use a gentle cleanser, such as dove or aveeno, or a mild shower gel with added moisturizers.
Don't take extremely hot baths, or shower or soak in the tub for more than 10 minutes. Doing so breaks down your skin's natural protective oils, which keep it soft and smooth.
Use a humidifier during the winter. Central heating and space heaters can dry out the air in your home
Choose natural, breathable fabrics, such as cotton and silk, for your bedding and innermost layer of clothing.
Drink plenty of water and other liquids to keep skin hydrated from the inside out. Omega-3s (essential fatty acids found in foods such as salmon, walnuts, flaxseed, soybeans and broccoli) can also help keep skin supple.
When should you worry?
See a dermatologist if dryness and itching keep you awake at night, if otc lotions aren't working, if you have open sores or large areas of scaling or peeling skin, or if you develop an infection from scratching. You could have a more serious condition such as eczema, psoriasis or another skin disorder.
Did you know?
Although everyone's skin changes with age, a man's skin tends to stay moist longer. That's because a woman's skin becomes much drier after menopause.
The best time to apply lotion is immediately after a shower or bath, when skin is still damp.
Since dry skin is extra-sensitive, it's important protect it from the sun, especially if it's snowing (snow can reflect as much as 80 percent of the sun's rays). Apply spf 15 or higher every day to your face, neck and ears.
I am 22years old female. I have a small mass per rectum on and off episodes during constipation for the past 1yr. But now I have a slight bleeding from the rectum. No pain is there. What should I do know? Am so frightened. Please suggest me the remedy.
Whenever I do sex my private part get swell up how it is and why please suggest me about me have some problem?
- washing your face with cold water closes your pores. After washing your face with hot water, splash some cold water on it so that it closes your pores. Not just this, it also soothes your eyes.
- cold water works great as an anti-wrinkle cream! it tones the skin making it look fresh and younger. Use cold water regularly to wash your face as it will slow down the aging process and helps to fill out the wrinkles on your face.
- it also helps you get rid of the harmful effects of sun's rays, as cold water tightens and protects the pores that get opened up when the skin is exposed to sun's harmful rays. The tightening of pores may also help your makeup to stay on longer.
Me and my gf just got married. We both are virgins. I am unable to penetrate her as the vagina is very small and she becomes tense in anticipation of the pain. I have been inserting a finger for last 2 days. Was able to insert my penis by a inch but the pain was unbearable for her. Also after trying for 15-20 seconds, I also lose my erection. Please suggest a solution. Also, Should we be using a lube? If yes, which one? Thanks.
The only thing worse than acne is the scars it can leave behind. However, there are many natural ways to heal these scars.
- lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent, so apply it daily to lighten the dark spots. Be sure to avoid stepping into the sun just after you've applied it.
- honey is another skin lightening agent, so applying it overnight and wash off in the morning with lukewarm water. If you have cuts or an opening in the skin, avoid honey, as it can cause a burning sensation.
- aloe vera will not only heal scars but will help the damaged skin tissues to rebuild faster. Apply it twice a day and wash off with lukewarm water.
Click on consult for your beauty fix!
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Learn how to hula hoop
Now, this may look easy but it isn't as simple as if looks. Hula hooping works not only on your ab muscles but also on your shoulders and back. It might take you a couple of days to get used to it and balance the hula hoop on your waist but don't give up after just a few tries. Be persistent and you'll soon get to love this exercise, which is known to burn belly fat.
Kickbox your way to a slimmer waist
A combination of cardio and martial arts, kickboxing can be an intense workout that is known to help you burn fat. Just an hour of kickboxing can help you burn between 500 to 600 calories in an hour as well as improve your flexibility and coordination. A class usually comprises kickboxing, circuit training and core strengthening exercises.
Just half an hour of cycling daily can work wonders at getting rid of unwanted belly fat. Not only does cycling tone your legs but it also helps you lose weight from the abdomen.
Research says that cycling helps you burn approximately 300 calories every hour, builds strength and stamina, and even improves your cardio-vascular fitness.
Use a skipping rope
Unless you were living under a rock for most of your childhood, most of us would have used a skipping rope as kids either at home or in the garden. Now, it's time to reach out to the attic and dust out your old rope (or buy a new one). The humble skipping rope can be an effective fat-busting tool that will help you burn calories and tone the abdomen muscles. Just ensure that your posture is correct (stand straight, never slouch) and try to suck in your tummy as you start skipping. Start gradually and slowly increase your pace.
Join a zumba class
Don't want to join an aerobics class? join a zumba one instead! this dance is an intense calorie-burning cardiovascular exercise that will help you shed those pounds quickly. Put on some fast paced music and let your body loose. Zumba is known to tone your body, helps relieve stress, improves your coordination and even boosts your metabolism.
You're an inconsistent eater: studies show inconsistent eating habits can have a negative impact on sleep later in the day. If you have dinner later in the evening, it's okay as long as you stick to it, every day. If not, skip the unexpected dessert.
Your mouth is minty fresh: research suggests the scent of peppermint stimulates the brain, making you feel more awake. Try other flavours like strawberry or bubblegum instead.
You love a good book: exciting, emotional and intellectually demanding activities before bed can lead to poor quality sleep. Go for something light like sports or entertainment magazine.
You smoke before bed: nicotine is a stimulant, making it harder for you to fall asleep. If you can't give up cigarettes altogether, try to smoke hours before going to bed.
You splash cold water: cold water helps close pores, but it also stimulates the body, releasing energy to keep warm and stay awake. Try washing your face with warm water in the evening.
3 days before I had taken 3 glass cold drink. And now m feeling common cold and my voice become deep. What should I do?
My weight is more and I have breathing problem due to it so please can you suggest me the diet and measures to reduce weight and be fit?
I am 38 years old. I have been doing exercise and 4.00km walk since 6 month and some diet. I have reduced my over weight (89 kg to 84 kg). Can I start to take calcium pills with vitamin E? Kindly suggests me medicine for my better health.
- Prepare more of your own meals. Cooking more meals at home can help you take charge of what you're eating and better monitor exactly what goes into your food.
- Make the right changes. When cutting back on unhealthy foods in your diet, it's important to replace them with healthy alternatives. Replacing dangerous trans fats with healthy fats (such as switching fried chicken for grilled fish) will make a positive difference to your health. Switching animal fats for refined carbohydrates, though (such as switching your breakfast bacon for a donut), won't lower your risk for heart disease or improve your mood.
- Simplify. Instead of being overly concerned with counting calories, think of your diet in terms of color, variety, and freshness. Focus on avoiding packaged and processed foods and opting for more fresh ingredients.
- Read the labels. It's important to be aware of what's in your food as manufacturers often hide large amounts of sugar or unhealthy fats in packaged food, even food claiming to be healthy.
- Focus on how you feel after eating. This will help foster healthy new habits and tastes. The more healthy food you eat, the better you'll feel after a meal. The more junk food you eat, the more likely you are to feel uncomfortable, nauseous, or drained of energy.
- Drink plenty of water. Water helps flush our systems of waste products and toxins, yet many people go through life dehydrated causing tiredness, low energy, and headaches. It's common to mistake thirst for hunger, so staying well hydrated will also help you make healthier food choices.
If you would like to talk to me for your health issues, click on consult.
Knowing and recognising the symptoms of diabetes is essential. Catching diabetes at an early stage can delay or prevent the development of serious complications. Type 2 diabetes tends to develop more slowly, usually over a period of months or even years. It can also lead on from pre-diabetes. The symptoms can appear very gradually, which can make spotting the signs more difficult. People with type 2 diabetes often have no symptoms at first. They may not have symptoms for many years.
- Early symptoms of diabetes may include:
- slow-healing sores or frequent infections. Type 2 diabetes affects your ability to heal and resist infections.
- fatigue. If your cells are deprived of sugar, you may become tired and irritable.
- increased hunger. Without enough insulin to move sugar into your cells, your muscles and organs become depleted of energy. This triggers intense hunger.
- increased thirst and frequent urination. Excess sugar building up in your bloodstream causes fluid to be pulled from the tissues. This may leave you thirsty. As a result, you may drink - and urinate - more than usual.
The first symptoms may also be:
- blurred vision. If your blood sugar is too high, fluid may be pulled from the lenses of your eyes. This may affect your ability to focus.
- areas of darkened skin. Some people with type 2 diabetes have patches of dark, velvety skin in the folds and creases of their bodies - usually in the armpits and neck. This condition, called acanthosis nigricans, may be a sign of insulin resistance.
- weight loss. Despite eating more than usual to relieve hunger, you may lose weight. Without the ability to metabolize glucose, the body uses alternative fuels stored in muscle and fat. Calories are lost as excess glucose is released in the urine.
- In addition, to the symptoms above, symptoms of type 2 diabetes can include dry mouth and leg pain.
It is not uncommon for people to live with type 2 diabetes for years without being aware of their condition. These cases of undiagnosed diabetes may sometimes only be picked up during a routine medical check-up.