Pantoprazole is category b drug (safe in animal studies; not studied in humans). It should be used only in acute gastritis diagnosed by endoscopy. But it is prescribed by majority of doctors for pregnancy induced gastritis, without any ill effects (to my knowledge).
Fellow Breast Surgery (MUHS), DNB (General Surgery), MBBS
at the age of 22 years, a requirement of pantoprazole on a regular basis could be either worrisome or wrong practice. There are two suggestions:
1. Please see a gastroenterologist for your dyspepsia. You probably require diet modifications, lifestyle modifications, cessation of smoking if you do, reducing the alcohol intake if you do. If your complaints are still persistent then may require further workup and treatment which is more than and different from taking pantoprazole. 2. Having nipple discharge after prolonged use of pantoprazole is an extremely rare side effect (0.01%). So, under supervision for dyspepsia, you should stop using pantoprazole. Also it is strongly advised that you see a breast surgeon get your nipple discharge evaluated. Nipple discharge could be due to various common causes.
Is her bp under control. Check for blood sugar also. In the meanwhile follow this 1. Don't take tea empty stomach. Eat something like a banana (if you are not diabetic) or any seasonal fruit or soaked almonds and a glass of water first thing in the morning (within 10 mins of waking up). No only biscuits or rusk will not do. 2. Don't overeat 3. Take your breakfast every day. Don't skip it. U should eat whatever your mother or grandparent eat in bfast. I mean to say whatever is your traditional food. If punjabi eat paratha, if belongs to south then take idli/ dosa etc.
4. Have light meals every 2 hours (in addition to your breakfast, lunch n dinner) e.g. Nariyal paani, chaach, a handful of dry fruits, a handful of peanuts, any fresh n seasonal fruit, a cup of curd/milk etc
5. Finish your dinner at least 2 hours before going to sleep.
6. Maintain active life style7. Avoid fast foods, spicy n fried foods, carbonated beverages
8. Take a lot of green vegetables n fruit. 9. Drink lot of water.10. Everyday preferably sleep on same time
exercise in the form of yoga, cycling, swimming, gym etc.Till lock down do suryanamaskar every day.
for this homeopathy offers good results. Consult online.
Hi pentocid pentaprozole amoxicillin sucralfate are safe in preg.
Antibiotic clarithromycin although not causes fetal anomaly very very rare chance. Sometimes it may cause miscarriage but it is necessary for you so you can continue it. I think you have done urine preg test I will adv you to confirm fwb by usg at this age 5wk -6 wks
.nt scan at 11-12 wks
.double marker at 11-12 wks
.tripple marker at 16 -18 wks
anomaly scan at 16-18 wks
can consult me and take advise ok.
try below medication for 20 days
take tab pantocid once empty stomach
syrup mucaine gel 2tsp twice a day
cap velgut od × 20 days
avoid spicy, fried and street food
don't skip breakfast
drink plenty of fluids
put your head at 45° angle during sleep (place wooden block under bed)
FELLOWSHIP IN HEPATOBILIARY AND LIVER TRANSPLANT SURGERY, Fellowship in Abdominal Multi Organ Transplant Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
please provide some more information so that I can give you some meaning advise. Upper abdominal pain has a lot of reasons. Most common is gastritis/acidity and that is why you have been given pantocid. Another common reason is h.pyolri infection. For that take hp kit twice a day. Its a combination of medicines which comes in a kit. Take one kit in the morning and one in the evening for two weeks and if that does not improve symptoms, get an ultrasound done and then get back to me with the report. Take care.
Here are some home remedies to cure acidity.
- Skip the aerated drinks as well as the caffeine. Opt for herbal tea instead.
- Have a glass of lukewarm water everyday.
- Include banana, watermelon and cucumber in your daily diet. Watermelon juice is great for curing acidity.
- Nariyal paani is known to soothe the system if you suffer from acidity.
- Drink a glass of milk - everyday.
- Have your last meal at least two to three hours before you hit the sack.
- Keeping long intervals between meals is another cause for acidity. Have small but regular meals.
- Try to avoid pickles, spicy chutneys, vinegar, etc.
- Boil some mint leaves in water and have a glass of this after meals.
MD - Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
General Physician, Dibrugarh
Dear lybrate-user, the medicines as you told are able to give you just symptomatic cure only, NOT sufficient to give permanent cure from DU. For that you need to take moe superior medicines and follow some rules for your food habit and life style (at least for 1-2 months) till it subsides permanently. The symptoms you have told -'Evening times I feeling very difficult that my stomach was full with air like may be it was gas. Some times I feeling pain in chest @ different places in different times. Sometimes it was so uneasy to sleep' - are due to the side effects of the brands of capsules/medicines your taking.