The radiant, glowing skin that stares at us from the billboards and hoardings may be extremely artificial, but it definitely absorbs in us a desire to achieve better skin. This is not restricted to just young girls, but also adults refusing to accept the changes that age brings with it. Many want to look younger far younger than their ages.
While there is no trick that will do the magic, there are definitely some things to follow which can help you achieve a picture-perfect skin:
In addition to all the above procedures, the following tips never go out of trend and always provide great results:
Sleep problems, which can be defined as a sleeping pattern where the parents are unsatisfied, are one of the leading concerns of parents. Children should get a minimum of nine hours of sleep so that their health and brain development can occur. Sleep problems can affect not only their health but also their social and school life. Any interruption or abnormality in a child's sleeping patterns should be examined by a doctor and parents should make necessary efforts for knowing the actual causes of sleep interruption of their kids.
What are the causes of sleep disorders in children?
Commonest signs of sleep troubles in kids:
Best methods for dealing with sleep disorders in children:
If you think that sleep disorder has become a serious issue with your kids as well, then nothing can be a better option than consulting any health physician. They can best analyse the underlying cause of this issue with your kids.
Hyper somnolence or hypersomnia is a condition that leads to constant daytime fatigue and drowsiness as well as prolonged night time sleeps. In this condition, the patient will usually go through repeated bouts of sleep, which he or she will not be able to resist without proper treatment and intervention. This condition makes patients take naps throughout the day even after a long and unhindered sleep throughout the night. Patterns of excessive drowsiness will begin to set in at the most inopportune times including meal times and even in the middle of a conversation. While there is no scientifically or medically proven cause for the onset of this ailment, it is known to affect adolescents more than adults. Read on to know more about the symptoms and treatment of this condition.
Symptoms: The patients suffering from this condition will experience a variety of other symptoms in addition to the constant state of drowsiness. These symptoms include anxiety, which may even go to a severe level if it is not treated properly and on time. Also, the patient may experience restlessness and a sense of increased irritation even in the most normal, everyday situations due to a perceived lack of sleep and constant state of drowsiness. Loss of appetite and hallucinations may also begin to plague patients who suffer from this condition on a chronic and prolonged basis without proper treatment. Slow thinking and slow speech are other symptoms that will start to set in with time as well.
Social Situations: In many social and personal situations, the patient may begin to lose basic functionality because of the constant urge to sleep. The patient’s interactions on a social platform may begin to deteriorate due to the lack of coherent thinking and speaking as well as the sense of irritability and restlessness displayed.
Medication: In most cases, it is best to go about this condition by treating the symptoms with medication prescribed by a doctor. The doctor may prescribe stimulant medication that will help in keeping the system awake for longer periods at a time. The doctor will also stress on the time of the day when these must be ingested so that nighttime sleep is not affected in any way. These medicines include amphetamines, which are usually prescribed for patients suffering from ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. This medicine is usually given in controlled doses so as to keep the patient alert for longer periods of time. Other medicines include clonidine, antidepressants, bromocriptine, monoamine oxidase inhibitors and levodopa.
Therapy: Behavioural therapy is also known to make a marked difference in such cases, which helps in regulating and normalizing sleep patterns.
The onset of monsoon rains is a great relief from the scorching summer heat. But the season brings with it humidity, which may not be the best thing for your hair and skin. In order to maintain the originality of your hair and skin, you need to take extra care during the rainy season.
Here e a few tips that may come handy for skin and hair care when monsoon kicks in.
Hair Care Tips
The monsoons usher in hair problems, like greasiness, stickiness, and hair fall. The increased moisture content in the air makes hair look flat and dull, because of which they appear limp. Here is what you can do to retain moisture to the scalp, and increase hair volume –
• To avoid a damp, frizzy, flat look, use a herbal/mild shampoo and conditioner that will help nourish your hair. Avoid using lathering shampoo, as they tend to make your hair rough and dry in this season.
• Tying a neat ponytail is a favourable solution, as your hair tends to get tangled easily in monsoon
• A rejuvenating and therapeutic scalp massage can help revitalize damp hair from the roots
• Oil your hair once or twice a week, preferably with coconut or almond oil
• Thrice a week, wash your hair with lukewarm water
• Use a scarf to shield your hair against adverse weather conditions – sunrays, the rain and the wind – whenever you step outdoor
• Use a thin towel to pat your hair dry after a shower
• If you get drenched in the rain, make sure you wash your hair with a mild shampoo once you get back home. This will help keep your scalp free of germs.
• If you have severe dandruff problems, use an anti-dandruff shampoo to cleanse your scalp thoroughly.
• Always use a wide-toothed comb to brush your hair. This reduces the chances of hair fall.
Skin Care Tips
Due to prolonged exposure to rainwater, your skin tends to shrink and appear gloomy, wrinkled. Another major skin problem that is widely observed during monsoon is the breakout of acne. Besides, the chances of developing fungal infections on the skin also cannot be ruled out during this time of the year. Nevertheless, a simple skincare routine can help you deal with all or at least most of these problems –
• Follow the most trusted skincare regime – cleansing, toning, and moisturizing to get rid of clogged pores, and avoid allergies and fungal infections
• Fungal infections of the toes and nails are also very common during the rainy season – maintain good hygiene and keep them clean to avoid skin problems
• Use a water-based sunscreen lotion that has SPF ranging between 15 and 30, and apply every 3 to 4 hours
• It is best to avoid cosmetic products/make-ups during monsoon, as it may cling to your skin after a downpour, clogging the pores. If you must use cosmetics, go for the ones that are water-resistant.
Although skin and hair problems may seem mild and harmless, but can potentially cause a lot of trouble if not taken care of. Besides, they may give way to embarrassment and emotional trauma, eventually affecting your personality. Following these simple measures can help you get rid of hair and skin problems during monsoon.
A Q-switched laser is a non-invasive laser, which emits high-intensity pulsed beam light, and is used as a treatment for dermatological conditions. The laser beams are powerful enough to shatter small fragments of ink or pigmentation and stimulate the production of collagen.
Q-switched lasers, with advanced technology, can be used to rectify the following conditions –
Each type of dermatological condition is treated with a different type of Q-switched lasers.
Types of Q-switched lasers:
The most commonly used Q-switched lasers are –
• Q-switched Nd – YAG laser is used in laser toning, freckles, pigmentation, etc.
• Alexandrite Laser – Used for hair removal
How does laser treatment work?
The laser energy pulse releases the pigment into the skin so your body can reabsorb and discard it naturally. The laser energy may feel like several tiny hot dots tingling on the skin. However, the discomfort is reduced when a stream of cold air is directed at these spots immediately after the procedure.
If you are opting for Q-switched laser treatment for tattoo removal, you will likely be given anaesthetics on the particular area because the procedure is rather painful.
Benefits of Q-switched Laser Treatment:
The benefits of modern Q-switched laser treatment are umpteen. Here are a few ways the procedure will prove advantageous to you –
• Helps tighten loose, sagging skin
• Improves facial appearance by removing wrinkles and fine lines
• Gives your self-esteem a boost as stretch marks and birthmarks are eliminated
• Helps you get rid of skin conditions and improves skin tone
• A trusted treatment approach for tattoo and hair removal
• The results are long-lasting, usually three years
• Does not involve severe complications or side effects
• A single machine used to treat a range of skin conditions
• Non-invasive, painless procedure
• Can be used in combination with other cosmetic procedures
What to Expect after the Treatment?
Following the treatment, you can expect a few cuts and bruises on the area that has been treated. To speed up healing, your doctor or dermatologist may recommend petroleum jelly or plain Vaseline that you will need to apply on the treated area and cover it with bandages for a couple of days. Full recovery takes about a few days to 2 weeks, depending on the area being treated.
Q-switch laser treatment is a breakthrough procedure in the field of dermatology. If you are considering going for the treatment, talk to your doctor and discuss the details of the procedure beforehand.