Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT
Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT is used to treat infections such as bronchitis (infection of the air tubes to the lungs), gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted disease) and infections of ear, throat, tonsils etc. This medication also treats the common cold and urinary tract infections.
This medicine only treats bacterial infections and doesn’t work for viral infections like flu. It works as an antibiotic by stopping the growth of bacteria and also killing it. Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT usually taken at intervals of 12 or 24 hours. It should be taken at the same time every day. If you miss a dose, it’s better to skip that dose if it’s already too late. Overdosing can cause harmful effects in your body.
It is important to check all the ingredients before the medication. It can help you avoid having allergic reactions later in case you are allergic to any of the ingredients. This medication can be harmful to pregnant women. Hence if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant soon, don’t take Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT.
It is best to get approval from the doctor regarding the safety of this medication. Thus notify you doctor if you are:
- Taking any prescribed drugs or dietary supplements.
- Having any history of liver disease or kidney problems.
This medication can cause certain side effects too. Some common side effects are: diarrhea, stomach pain, gas, heartburn, nausea and vomiting. These side effects usually go away on their own. But if these symptoms are severe, you should take medical help.
However, some side effects can be serious and calls for immediate medical attention. These are : stomach cramps, rash, itching, hives, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, swelling of face, tongue throat etc. Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT should be stored in a tightly closed container. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat. Keep them out of the reach of children.
How long is the duration of effect?It is excreted in urine and feces and the effect lasts for a duration of up to 20 to 36 hours.
What is the onset of action?The peak effect of this medicine can be observed within 2 to 3 hours of administration.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?Limited data is available on the use of this medicine in pregnant women. Use only if clearly needed when benefits overweigh the risk.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendency has been reported.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?This medicine can be taken by women who are breastfeeding. Small amounts of medicine are excreted through human breast milk. Monitoring of undesired effects like diarrhea and thrush is necessary.
Does this affect kidney function?Caution must be taken in patient with kidney disease. Dose adjustment is needed in case of renal impairment.
Does this affect liver function?Caution must be taken in a patient with liver disease. Dose adjustment is needed in case of Liver impairment. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Is It safe with alcohol?Consumption of alcohol while taking this medicine does not cause any harmful side effects.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?This medicine usually does not affect the patients ability to drive.
Are there any missed dose instructions?The missed dose should be taken as soon as possible.
Are there any overdose instructions?Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of overdose.
This drug belongs to the third-generation of cephalosporins. It works as a bactericidal by binding to the penicillin-binding proteins and inhibits the bacterial cell wall synthesis.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with Lab Test
Interaction with Medicine
- Cholera Vaccine: Avoid cholera vaccine if the patient has taken Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT within 14 days before vaccination. Usage of other antibiotics and vaccines should be reported to the doctor.
- Ethinyl Estradiol: The desired effect of contraceptive pills will not be achieved if these medicines are taken together. Appropriate dose adjustments or replacement of the medicine should be made under the doctor's supervision.
- Amikacin: You may experience nausea or vomiting, increased or decreased urination, sudden weight gain, and fluid retention if these medicines are taken together. This interaction is more likely to occur if you have kidney disease. Regular kidney function tests are to be performed and appropriate dose adjustments or replacement of the medicine should be made under the doctor's supervision.
- Cyclosporine: You may experience vomiting, diarrhoea, dizziness and headache if these medicines are used together. Regular kidney function tests are to be performed and appropriate dose adjustments or replacement of the medicine should be made under the doctor's supervision.
Interaction with Food
Interaction with Disease
- Colitis: Avoid taking this medicine if it leads to severe diarrhea, abdominal pain or blood in stools. Inform the doctor if you have any gastrointestinal diseases. Drink adequate amount of water to prevent dehydration.
- Seizure Disorders: Use with caution if you have any seizure disorder or a family history of seizures. Discontinue if seizure is due to Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT. Start with appropriate Anticonvulsant medicine if it is clinically indicated.
Ques: What is Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT?
Ques: What are the uses of Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT?
Ques: What are the Side Effects of Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT?
Ques: What are the instructions for storage and disposal Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT?
Ques: Should I use Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT empty stomach, before food or after food?
Ques: How long do I need to use Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT before I see improvement of my conditions?
Ques: Is there any food or drink I need to avoid?
Ques: Will Cefi 200 MG Tablet DT be more effective if taken in more than the recommended dose?
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.