Find numerous Sexologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Sexologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Sexologists online in Mathura. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Om Pal
Submit a review for Dr. Om PalYour feedback matters!
Self pleasuring is a normal process during the growing up years and later on in life too. It is recommended by doctors to promote overall health. A lot of times, self pleasuring is a good way to relieve the pent up sexual feelings. The issue, however, is when people (both men and women) get addicted to it and start depending on it for pleasure.
It is a pleasurable act, and therefore especially in the early years of life, it can become an addiction. People also tend to use it to beat loneliness, when they are excited sexually, and of course, to beat boredom. Indulging in it more than 3 to 4 times a week can be normal. However, if there is an urge to masturbate multiple times daily, it is time for concern. Continued into the 20s, there are harmful physical and psychological problems as a result of over-masturbation, as noted below:
- Anxiety: Masturbation puts people in a very comfortable position and therefore when there is a partner to go with, there are anxiety issues relating to size, stamina, and ways to please the partner. The performance anxiety which is quite common can be very high in over-masturbators. Both males and females with this habit can face sexual exhaustion and recurrent genital infections also.
- Chronic fatigue: Masturbation induces the production of the steroid hormone, cortisol. This increases the rate of metabolism and therefore leads to an exhausted and fatigued feeling.
- Back pain or discomfort: Over masturbation reduces the production of oxytocin, DHEA, testosterone and DHT. The depletion of these neurochemicals triggers a release of the inflammatory hormone prostaglandin E2, which is one source for lower-back pain.
- Groin and/or testicular discomfort and pain: There is a loop between the pituitary-adrenal-testicular glands, which is responsible for production of oxytocin and testosterone production. These have anti-inflammatory properties and over-masturbation tends to reduce this production. This leads to a groin pain which can extend into the testicles and continue chronically.
- Penis shrinkage: When started early in life, the amount of growth hormones in the body reduces with over-masturbation. This leads to inadequate amount of hormones for the penis to grow to its full size, leading to a smaller organ.
- Premature ejaculation: Again, the reduction in hormones including testosterone and other neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin leads to a weak parasympathetic nervous system. The result is a weaker erection, sperm leakage, and premature ejaculation.
- Hair loss: The hormone and neurotransmitter reaction also leads in high levels of prolactin and DHEA in the body, leading to hair loss.
As seen from above, over-masturbation does have a lot of side effects and it is better to treat it early on when you realize it is an issue.
Any kind of dysfunction points to the issues experienced during any stage of the cycle of physical issue that prevents the participants from experiencing any kind of satisfaction from the intimate activities. Though the researches imply that sexual problems are common all across the globe; 43% of women along with 31% of men are affected by some sort of dysfunction; however, it is something that most people are hesitant to talk about. But thankfully enough, most cases of sexual problems can be effectively treated, and can be prevented from occurring again, by sharing your concerns with a qualified doctor. You should consider visiting the doctor along with your partner.
What leads to sexual problems?
Sexual problems can be caused either due to physical or psychological reasons. Many medications and clinical conditions can cause a variety of sexual dysfunctions, and these physical conditions include heart and vascular disease, high levels of blood sugar and blood pressure, any kind of neurological disorder, chronic diseases of the kidneys, liver and lungs, and hormonal imbalances. In addition to this, the side effects stemming from any medicine, including antidepressant drugs, can cast a harmful impact on the sexual desire and its normal functioning. On the other hand, psychological causes refer to the stress caused due to work pressures, anxiety, depression, excessive concern about sexual performance, feelings of guilt, and relationship problems.
What are the common sexual problems?
What leads to sexual problems can cause a wide variety of issues in both men and women. While erectile dysfunction is most commonly found in men, vaginal dryness is the most common issue in women. Sexual dysfunction can take a variety of forms, and it is not plainly confined to the dysfunction or simple disinterest in sex, which is commonly termed as lack of sex drive. It can also involve pain while having sex or an inability to maintain the erection or experiencing pain while getting an orgasm. There are some people who experience excruciating pain during intercourse, which is often accompanied with a burning sensation.
All couples have the right to enjoy a happy and healthy sex life, which can be considered a crucial aspect of any relationship. So, if you are having any kind of difficulty that is interrupting your lovemaking, it is imperative to speak with your doctor to get the right diagnosis, and discuss openly with your partner to find out the ideal solution of your sexual problems.
There is a general misconception about impotence and erectile dysfunction being two separate conditions. In fact, impotence is just another term for erectile dysfunction. If you have a problem in achieving an erection more than 70% of the times when you want to have sex, you are suffering from erectile dysfunction.
Impotence is the same thing, but it also encompasses other concerns related to sexual health such as low libido and issues with ejaculation.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
Disruption of blood flow in the body or disruption in hormonal secretion and nerve supply to the body
Vascular and neurological causes
Neuropathy, which occurs because of diabetes or diabetic neuropathy
Nerve damage because of a previous surgery around the pelvis area
Physical causes such as high cholesterol and obesity, Parkinson’s disease and multiple cases of sclerosis
Smoking, excessive drinking and substance abuse
The reactions and side effects of certain medicines
Poor communication with the sexual partner
Intake of several medicines such as alpha adrenergic blockers, beta blockers, chemotherapy medications and central nervous system depressants
Treatment for erectile dysfunction
Different treatments may be used to treat erectile dysfunction. These include the following:
Medication: A group of drugs known as PDE-5 or phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors are used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Vacuum devices: Vacuum erection devices help in providing an erection in men. A mechanical procedure is involved where the penis is made rigid using a vacuum pump sealed around it. This device draws blood and an erection becomes possible.
Surgical treatment: Penile implants can be used to treat erectile dysfunction. Mechanical implants are used, which help to keep the penis hard. A vascular surgery is another option, which incorporates the correction of blood vessels responsible for erectile dysfunction.
Natural treatment: There are a number of lifestyle changes that help a man naturally treat erectile dysfunction. Regular exercising, especially weight-bearing ones, not only aids in increasing blood flow, but also improves production of testosterone. Following a balanced diet with more intake of fruits and vegetables, limiting alcohol and avoiding smoking also generate positive results.
The term impotence and erectile dysfunction are quite related as they indicate the same conditions. However, today the term erectile dysfunction is more popular over the term impotence.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A woman’s body is different as compared to a man’s body, which is why attaining climax for the two genders is also dissimilar. A woman’s body needs to be caressed, fondled and loved to be turned, which will eventually lead to multiple orgasms during intercourse or masturbation.
However, multiple orgasms aren’t an easy feat to achieve and one can opt to use the following tricks to climax more than once:
Build up a frame of mind: If you stick to a singular frame of mind and focus on getting just one orgasm, you are bound to get just one. Instead, think in plurality and concentrate on what makes you feel good and focus on pleasuring yourself. This kind of focus will actually make you feel aroused and more likely to have multiple orgasms.
Don’t forget Kegel exercises: Kegel exercises help you in keeping your pelvic muscles in shape. Usually after having an orgasm, the muscles seem to contract, but practicing these exercises daily will allow a continuous blood flow, thus, making them strong. If the muscles are strong, you can keep going even after an orgasm which is a requisite for attaining multiple orgasms.
Don’t allow the arousal level to fall to zero: It is only natural for you to slow down once you climax, but instead of completely stopping, try and put the focus back on stimulating your clitoris by engaging in oral sex or changing positions. If the embers are kept lit, you will experience another intense orgasm in sometime.
Focus on the stimulation spot: The stimulation spot varies from woman to woman. Some women feel aroused when their clitoris is stimulated whilst some feel hitting the G-spot turns them on. When you know what turns you on, maximise on the foreplay around that area using varied techniques. But after an orgasm, if the stimulation around one spot is maximum, move on to the other one. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Premature ejaculation is a form of disorder that commonly occurs in male. The normal ejaculation period for a normal male ranges from 6 - 8 minutes. The intra vaginal latency time may last for minimum of two minutes, but if this goes less than two minutes then this condition is diagnosed as premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is common in adults for various reason and it often causes problems in a relationship.
Ways to overcome premature ejaculation
Overcoming premature ejaculation requires more of psychological changes and treatment than physical treatment
- Practice the simple exercise to gain control over your ejaculation. Masturbate and stop before the final stage of the feel to ejaculate. Stop masturbating and divert yourself with any other thoughts of your likes. This relaxing time may last for even 5 minutes. Continue masturbation after five minutes and ejaculate the collected semen this allows your penis to improve the control over ejaculation.
- Practice Kegel exercise regularly. Many doctors have seen improvement in their patient’s condition with the regular use of this exercise. This gradually increases the intra vaginal latency period for more than two minutes.
- Talk with your partner and work together to solve the problem.
- Condom usage may cause less stimulation effect to the penis thus, reduces the ejaculation time. This helps the male with premature ejaculation to increase the ejaculation time. It is much better if you prefer thicker condoms
- Reduction in the friction may cause less stimulation to the penis. So trying to use more lubricant helps for male with premature ejaculation. But some partners may feel reduction in their satisfaction level with this increased use of lubricant.
- Orgasm within 24 hours helps to increase the ejaculation time. Masturbate in the morning and be with your partner in night for a long period of intra vaginal latency time.
- Using refractory period. Relaxation after one sexual attempt is the refractory period. For those males with premature ejaculation they can use this period and make the second erection at earlier time and start with the second sexual act which may last for longer time. As this idea may be difficult for many individual there are people who have experienced positive results of using this in overcoming premature ejaculation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!