Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Margao and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhu DesaiYour feedback matters!
The nature has provided us with a wide variety of food fruits and vegetables with curative properties.
These contain anti oxidants phytochemical and phytonutrients with healing properties.
We should take whole grains
High class proteins
Red/purple colour fruits and veg.
Black berries cherries strawberries and ber all good.
Omega3 is best.
Onion and garlic
Have a nice day.
She is four week pregnant, our doc took first hcg test which came around 305, so I need to know is it normal? We underwent 2nd hcg test also whose report we will get on monday. So is it compulsory tht hcg should double after 48 hours. Our gynac also recommended to take hcg injection. So it viable to take that.
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately.
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I have had cumine seeds and jagerry.And i also have tried garlic and ginger therapy but nothing seems to be still effective m not having my periods regularly.I never had sex. And I am tensed. What can i do to have my periods regularly?
Hi ab mujhe full hat pair dard hore kamar k upar wale side may full dard hora full weakness dikhre aur fever aye jaisa dekhra ar hum ne fever k tablet bhi leta hun but phir bhi kaam ni hora aur pet may left wale side may bhi dard hora aur mere date 1 ko hi thi iska kya matlab h main pregnant hun aur kya my date say phele test kar sakhte hun toh mujhe pata chalega ki may pregnant hun ya nai ?.
I’m Dr. Sharda Jain, the director of Life care Centre. This center started 26 years ago and has become a benchmark not only in this study but all of Delhi. This particular Centre is a Centre of excellence for office procedures. Pregnancy, high risk pregnancy, pregnancy after recurrent abortions is our main area. Those people who do not have a child or have abortions repeatedly, we have a dedicated Centre and we have the highest number of cases coming from the northern India, as far as recurrent abortions are concerned
people who have medical problems or those who have complicated medical disease and want to get pregnant and who already are pregnant, we see to it that the experts take you smoothly through the whole process. Our deliveries are done in Max Hospital, Vaishali which is a super specialty hospital. The total care is provided by us in our Centre and all the experts out here are DU Toppers and have been great teachers and great academicians and run not only services but everything under one roof. You don’t have to go for ultrasounds or anything outside, we give you a total package of antenatal care. All investigations under one roof. We also run special antenatal classes to see to it that if you wish to have a vagal delivery. You have a smooth delivery in a very good taste.
Our motto is: Safe mother, safe child.
One of my relation girl, she says that, I am 17 years old since I have irregular periods. I had have 4 months twice my periods and it will be there to take 20 days end of period. Now I consulted a doctor, my all reports are normal but the problem is going on regular. Since the problem started for last one year. What's the solution for this?
I am 31 years old female and having pain while doing intercourse with my hubby ,I have 6 month old baby. In last 1.5 year we have met only 3 to 4 times that too with very much pain. Please advise.
Hi. I am 6 month pregnant .my weight is 59 kg, I have gained approx 8 kg from day 1 to till date, is this normal or I am gaining excessive weight please guide me. Do I need to control my weight?
I am 24 years old. I have a 6 years daughter then I don't get pregnancy next. I consult doctor .she tells me left tube is blocked gives injection to open. Next period second day come, snd then give tablets and come sixth day after period gives inj to release egg but the doctor tells there is no improvement in the egg. This one repeats in three months. Why the egg is not improve.
I have pcod in ovary. If I put injection it gets reduced the next month its getting increased is it fully curable please help me.
I am getting itching in my vagina from last two days. Observed some very small bump near vagina opening. Please suggest some medication for this. Thanks in advance.
I am 25 years old and I am trying to conceive baby from last 2 year but still now negative result today is 33 day of may cycle I am suffering from side pain stomach pain & light bleeding. Pregnancy test is negative. Kindly confirm.?
Says Dr. Sanjaykapoor, senior consultant orthopedics and joint replacement surgery.
Arthritis affects over 15% approximately 180 million people in india, which is higher than many well known diseases.
While much has been said about high incidence of diabetes, hypertension, cancer and hiv in india, recent studies suggest that osteoarthritis beats them all to claim the no. 1 slot among ailments in the country.
Contrary to the misconception that arthritis only impacts the elderly, this disorder is increasingly found in the younger population.
Age is not a factor for arthritis; it can affect young and old alike. Earlier, arthritis patients would be around 65 years or so, but now the younger lot in the age group of 40-45 yrs which is normally considered to be in their golden years are increasingly turning up for surgery.
Higher levels of stress coupled with modern day lifestyles are increasing incidence of arthritis.
The best way to beating arthritis is by staying active.
The key to arthritis management is finding balance between activities and rest-exercising, as too much may stress sensitive joints, while being too sedentary can cause stiffness and immobility.
Stretching and gentle movements such as yoga are easy on the joints and keep them fluid and supple.
Exercises such as riding a bike, swimming and water aerobics keep the heart healthy and muscles strong while putting too much pressure on the joints.
Low impact exercises allow you to work your muscles without stressing your joints. Stretching often increases muscle tone and can help boost the range of motion of your joints.
Just make sure you warm up your muscles and joints before stretching to avoid aggravating joint pain and strain your muscles. By varying activities and following a well-rounded exercise routine with variety can help to maintain strength and protect your joints. Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce stress on your joints, especially weight bearing joints like your hips and knees.
In addition, this can slow down the wear on your joints during daily activities such as walking.
When you have experienced a joint injury, protecting that joint will lower the chances of developing arthritis later.
By taking care not to injure the joint again, you may also decrease the intensity of symptoms should arthritis develop later. Remember always listen to your body, stop exercising if you experience sharp pain and don't try to work through joint discomfort.
Find activities that are gentle on the body and take them at a comfortable pace.
Lastly but not the least, drinking enough water keeps the cartilage in joints lubricated so bones don't rub up against each other.
By eating foods rich in vitamin c and e and calcium, you'll help build a musculoskeletal system that can outlast degenerative conditions.
Dr. Sanjay kapoor (orthopedics & joint replacement surgeon)
गुडूची, दारूहल्दी, रसौत, त्रिफला, पीपल, लोध्र, बेलपत्र, मुलहठी, समुद्रफेन, निर्मली, पुनर्नवामूल, शतावरी, नीम, असगंध, चोपचीनी, शहद, गोघृत, मक्खन, मिश्री, इत्यादि का इस्तेमाल शरीर की प्रकृति - वात पित्त कफ के अनुसार करें।