Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Margao and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhu DesaiYour feedback matters!
We had sex and the condom got torn But the sperm was not discharged inside her vagina and she was on he safe periods ! Is there a change of her getting pregnant and her long period days are 36 And short period days are 33 And her last period was on May 7 ! please tell me if its a safe sex day !
Im trying for baby from last one year. Im 32 and my husband is 40. My latest ahm report is 0.023,rubella 1.62, serum prolactin 10.83.infection detected is pid. Advised for egg donor. Is there any homeopathic medicine for increasing ahm to conceive naturally. I am overweight and height is 5'2"
I am 31 years old, I recently had a miscarriage on 10th of May. Undergone a POC (Karyotyping. My report says Monosomy 15. What does that mean? Will there be genetic abnormality in future pregnancies.
Is it OK for a diabetic patient to have intercourse and will it cause problem for other sex? Please advise.
Hii doctor. I am 45 years old and have 6 childrens and during giving birth to 6th child I suffered from a big operation. My body from outside looks very healthy but from inside I feel my self empty / weak. When I wake in the morning my both hands become non living. I have to make movement of my hands by asking others for some time. My body seems very weak. Please suggest some ways to get rid of these things.
As I am unmarried age approx 28 years I had sex sometimes with/without condoms but last 3-4 days I have itching in my vagina every time please suggest me what should I do for that.
Sleep is one such time when people usually are expected to lie down still and get rest. However, we have all heard of sleepwalking, a condition where a person walks during the sleep. Though it may sound strange, there is a deeper explanation for it both from a causative point of view and from managing it.
Things you should know?
- Sleepwalking happens when a person moves back from a deep sleep to a light sleep or awakening state.
- The person who is sleepwalking is usually not aware of it.
- Activities may range from simply getting up and sitting up in bed to walking around the room. They could also open the door and walk out to the neighbourhood. Moving furniture, changing dresses or driving a car, may also be some of the actions Most of these activities happens completely without their knowledge.
- Mostly happens in children up to the age of 12, but can be seen in adults also, where it assumes a more severe form.
- The person who is sleepwalking has a fixed stare with glassy eyes. They may appear dazed and lost when they are awakened.
- They may not respond when they are actually sleepwalking, or respond very slowly
- They can be brought back to bed and put back to sleep without being disturbed. Most children would go back to sleeping when this is done
- Though the parents can be very worried when they see children sleepwalking, reassurance is required, as it usually disappears as they cross teenage.
- There could be chances of small injury like tripping or fall during the sleepwalking episode
- Sleepwalkers may be more restless compared to other children during their waking hours
- Bedwetting is also quite common in children who sleepwalk
- Inappropriate sleep pattern with lack of sleep for prolonged periods is one of the main reasons for sleepwalking
- Excessive drinking
- Medical conditions like heart rhythm problems, acidity, gastric reflux, and seizures
- Psychiatric conditions like panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder can also lead to sleepwalking
- For a parent to see their child walking around in their sleep can be quite disturbing.
- Reassurance is required stating that it is just a temporary phase and will not stay beyond the teenage years
- Most people do not require any intervention unless accompanied by severe symptoms like going out of the house or driving
- Once established, it is advisable to avoid by not drinking too much alcohol, avoiding stress and anxiety and taking precautions like extra-secure locks to prevent sleepwalking and/or other side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.