Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Prabhu Desai


Gynaecologist, Margao

34 Years Experience
Dr. Prabhu Desai MD Gynaecologist, Margao
34 Years Experience
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care....more
I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care.
More about Dr. Prabhu Desai
Dr. Prabhu Desai is a trusted Gynaecologist in Aquem, Margao. He has helped numerous patients in his 34 years of experience as a Gynaecologist. He has done MD . You can consult Dr. Prabhu Desai at Yashodhan Hospital in Aquem, Margao. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Prabhu Desai on has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Margao and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MD - mumbai university - 1983
Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Yashodhan Hospital

City Harmony Building, Opposite Paradise Apartment MapMargao Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Prabhu Desai

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I had a miscarriage this evening. Got painful cramps and bleeding and within 30 minutes I passes a tissue like something want to ask that my miscarriage is complete or not? What are the risks and how to complete it please help me doctor.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Miscarriage is complete or not can only be diagnosed on ultrasound. So please visit your gynac and get the scan done if needed after examination.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Sir/Madam my question is that I have some monthly period issues. How to solve this problem? Some times it happens early & some time later. Please help. Thanks.

B.H.M.S., Senior Homeopath Consultant
Homeopath, Delhi
You can take sepia - 0/1 three times a day for two weeks. Revert back after two weeks with feedback.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 33 yrs old female suffering from many problems like wait gained, hair loss, patch on scalp, unwanted hair growth on chin nd face, trying to get conceive from last 3 yrs.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Delhi
Welcome to lybrate please check your thyroid and send your details we have very effective ayrvedic treatment thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Im 20 years old. I have unwanted facial hair growth, irregular periods, and dark spots in my face because of pimples. What should I do?

Sexologist, Panchkula
You have unwanted facial hairs, irregular periods and pimples on face. I advise you to tell me your weight, eating habits and any addiction to alcohol or cigarette, for better guidance and treatment.
280 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Beat The Heat With Raw Mango

B.H.Sc (Food Science & Nutrition), M.H.Sc (Food Science & Nutrition)
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
Beat The Heat With Raw Mango

Beat the heat with raw mango:

- It is excellent for preventing sun stroke. 

- Its high vitamin C content helps by increasing immunity and preventing the common summer cold. 

- It helps in preventing anaemia, tb and typhoid.

- It is quite rich in fibre helps maintain your digestive sysytem. 

- Rich in potassium has the power to keep blood pressure down as well. 

- A high potassium and magnesium content helps to prevent acidosis, muscle cramps, stress and heart problems.

Ever wondered how essential your aam ka achaar and kachi kairi (raw mango) ki chutney and panha is in the summer? No wonder the housewives are busy stocking these up! add raw mango to your salad, poha, upma or chew on it raw with a little salt and red chilli powder.

3 people found this helpful

Getting out of the house for some sunshine and fresh air will work wonders, post pregnancy

MS - Obstetrics and Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Agra
Getting out of the house for some sunshine and fresh air will work wonders, post pregnancy
Getting out of the house for some sunshine and fresh air will work wonders, post pregnancy.
167 people found this helpful

I want to get pregnant for last 1 year but still not getting pregnant. I have done different test and found that my FSH is 6.1 and LH 3.6 and doctor suggested it is due to this imbalance and suggested to do regular exercise. Please suggest.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Gurgaon
You may go for a few tests and Ultrasound, post which we shall be able to advise you the course of treatment or Medicines to be taken. Or you may get baçk to us so as to know what all diagnostic procedures or tests would be required and follow up treatment after that.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

She has delayed periods. But every time found my reports normal. Acne and hairs are visible on her face with pores. She also has thyroid problem.

General Physician, Jalgaon
Please Alone medicine won't work permanently Wake up early go for morning walk in greenery daily Do yogasanas and pranayam daily Do perineal and pelvic exercises daily Avoid oily spicy and fast food, rice, fish Take Cap evecare by Himalaya 2 2 for 6 mths Lohasav 10 ml twice a day for 6 mths Ashokarishta 20 ml twice a day for 6 mths Continue your current medicine for thyroid These points will help you a lot in all your problems including thyroid.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 15 years old boy from India and my question is for a girl who yesterday accidentally swallow some glass particles when she drink some water. .Is it worry for her or she will be fine because I like her. please tell me what happened to her now.

Ayurveda, Bangalore
Hi, If the glass pieces are slighly bigger, it may damage the mucosal layer of the intestine which leads to internal bleeding. It is better to undergo an U/S scan of the abdomen to know the exact size and location of the glass particle and then be treated accordingly.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Most Common Sexually Transmitted Infections in Women

MBBS, DGO, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MRCOG
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Most Common Sexually Transmitted Infections in Women

Impact of sexually transmitted infections on women health:

Stis are sexually transmitted infections that are globally becoming more common. Every year millions of stis are passed from person to person primarily through sexual contact. This is undoubtedly because more and more people are having sex, often with different partners, and aren't taking the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections.

There are so many different types of diseases that can be spread by touching, oral sex, penetrative sex, sharing needles or even through child birth, so you need to be so careful when having sex that you avoid ever contracting this type of disease. Most stis are curable with medication; however some, like hiv, can never be cured. Additionally, not all stis carry noticeable symptoms so you could have a sexually transmitted infection and not even know you've got it. This is why it's so crucial to get yourself checked out at a sexual health clinic if you are sexually active, to make sure that you don't have any nasty infections.


The organisms that cause the diseases usually enter the body through open membranes, such as the vagina, anus or mouth. Stis can be caught through intimate contact with someone, especially through anal, vaginal or oral sex, however some are also transmitted without sexual activity.

Common stis

Chlamydia: an extremely common and fast spreading sexually transmitted infection. Unfortunately, many people (especially females) have no symptoms at all, so it's often difficult to detect. Men often experience more symptoms than women, however this is not always the case. Chlamydia is particularly dangerous if left untreated as it can cause infertility in women, so it's so important to get yourself checked even if you haven't experience any symptoms.

Gonorrhoea: gonorrhoea is caused by a bacterium that grows and multiplies very quickly in moist areas of the body  such as the cervix, urethra, mouth or rectum. For women, the cervix is the most common site of infection. The disease can also spread to the fallopian tubes in a woman and other genital organs, which can cause conditions such as pelvic inflammatory disease that may also lead to infertility. It is most commonly spread through genital contact, however it can also be passed through oral sex and if a mother is infected she can easily pass it to her new-born infant during delivery.

Genital herpes: genital herpes is a highly contagious condition caused by the herpes virus. It infects the skin and membranes around the genitals, but it can also appear around the mouth, especially on the lips. It is transmitted generally through physical or sexual contact. Often you can have the virus, but not show symptoms. Symptoms usually include spots around your genitals or mouth.

Hiv and aids: aids is a potentially lethal disease that is caused by the hiv virus. Hiv invades and destroys the immune system, which protects the body from infection. This means that a person who carries the hiv virus is easily prone to catch many different illnesses, and may die from diseases that are harmless to healthy people, such as a cold or a cough. Hiv can be transmitted not only through sexual activity, but also by sharing needles or having blood contact with someone who has the disease.

Genital warts- warts are caused by the hpv virus, and are often not detected straight after you have transmitted the disease. Many months can pass from the time of infection to the actual development of warts, so it may be very difficult to determine whom you got them from. They can easily be treated by cream from the doctor.

Syphilis: if left untreated, syphilis is a dangerous and life-threatening disease. It is passed on through intercourse and almost all other forms of sexual interaction, including anal sex. The first symptom often appears between 9-90 days after exposure to the germ that causes it, and a small lump develops at the site of infection that soon breaks down to form an ulcer; usually painless. There is a secondary stage (characterised by fever, rashes and throat ulcers) and a tertiary stage, in which the germ may attack the brain and other organs and may cause death.

In order to avoid catching a sexually transmitted disease, there are a few things to bear in mind:

    The fewer sexual partners you have, the lower your risk of infection;
    Most sexually transmitted diseases can be avoided by practicing safe sex (using condoms);
    You should avoid from having casual sex, as this increases your risk of coming into contact with an sti;

Both you and your partner should always get tested at a sexual health clinic before engaging in condom-free sex (using the pill is only a preventative against pregnancies); there is nothing wrong with getting tested at a sexual health clinic, as it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Hi doctor since few months I have started feeling different during my fertile period. My breast hurts a little ,abdomen bloats, feel pukish, a slight but discomfort able pain on my left side lower abdomen. I want know that is this normal. I am 28 years and got married few months back.

Gynaecologist, Satara
Hello..all these symptoms are normal so don't worry. If these problems r affecting ur routine work ,then u can take symptomatic treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had hsg, My right fallopian tube is blocked in hsg .but left too not active. Then doc said laparoscopy. What to do.

Gynaecologist, Thrissur
In laparoscopy we can visualise tubes and as well as their relation to other structures and can do chromotubation then also and locate the block s simultaneously if any adhesions are there can be released. Can look for other problems also.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a pain feeling in my right breast recently. I found a lump inside. What should I do?

Oncologist, Faridabad
Dear mam, pain in breast at your age is usually due to hormonal changes and are mostly self limiting. You can take pain killers as and when required, use sports bra and proper breast support. You can also take vitamin e supplement to reduce inflammation and pain. As far as lump is concerned you should get an ultrasound done for breast and if suspicious then fnac from lump. Usually at your age it should be fibroadenoma but still one should be cautious. If fibroadenoma then you should simply observe it by getting periodical ultrasound done to monitor it's size.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 years old and having disorder in periods cycle taking primolut around about 2 months it was working fine but in the third month again had a periods twice with the interval of one month. My hb is 13.6. I am a working lady and having stressful situation now a days.

B.Sc(hons), Physics, B.H.M.S., PGDIT (software Engg)
Homeopath, Delhi
Take natrum mur 200 1 dose in morning. And forget your disease. Bring freshness in mind. Be happy you will be cured in few months. I am here.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I visited a doctor yesterday for low hb .He prescribed me a tab called folvite , the very same same day I google the tab and saw that this med is generally given to pregnant women. What to do?

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, MBBS
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
Along with Folvit you can take iron tablets also. If your low hb is due to iron deficiency, it will start improving in a month or two.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My vagina is swelling and there is red rashes over it, moreover it includes itching problem also, Can you tell me why is this happening?

Gynaecologist, Delhi
Yes there aremany reasons keep area dry donot wear very tight under garments and lowers for medications kindlyconsult doctor.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Doctor I wil take folvite as you suggested. Can you please give me details as why I sweat a lot and how can folvite help control me. Also I had pregnancy thyroid and few months back I had done test and there was no thyroid. Should I do tsh test again? or I can start folvite?

General Physician, Mumbai
If you r not on drugs for hypothyroidism than test tsh levels and revert back with reports and sweating is due to hyperstimulation of para sympathetic nervous system and folic acid might help your axons of the nerves to function normally.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed