Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Margao and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhu Desai
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhu DesaiYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant with 3 months. Dr. advised to take lupigest sr 300. She is taking. Before, no miscarriage had happened. But my wife take thyroid medicine. How many months lupigest sr medicine will be taken? Please suggest.
There are times in cooking when you will need to use a parsley substitute, probably because of its unavailability. Parsley is a flavorful herb and if you fall short of it, dried forms of it can also be used. It is an extremely popular herb around the world, both in fresh and dried forms, but if you’re halfway through a recipe and realize you’re missing such a flavorful ingredient, don’t worry. In most cases, fresh forms of herbs are replaced with dried forms of the same herb, just in smaller amounts, but there are also other plants and herbs that can mimic the flavor and effect of parsley and are great parsley substitutes.
In some cases, you may be preparing a meal for someone with a known allergy to parsley, but you still want to achieve the same effect in the taste of your recipe. Regardless of the reason you need a parsley substitute, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Many people naturally turn to basil as a replacement for parsley due to the similarity of their appearance, but the flavors are notably different. Basil cuts through more blatantly in a dish, so if you are making a dish with a subtle spice balance, basil may throw off the end result. However, if you are preparing highly flavorful foods, such as italian cuisine, the inclusion of basil may not be noticeable in exchange for parsley.
One of the most popular parsley substitutes is chervil, as it also boasts a rather mild taste, similar to parsley. However, the sweetness of chervil is often compared to aniseed, a licorice flavor that can often blend in nicely with parsley. Chervil also belongs to the same family as parsley, and in europe, is one of the most common substitutes for this in-demand herb.￼
Although cilantro or coriander isn’t quite as bitter as parsley, this flavorful leafy herb is a popular parsley substitute. Cilantro is particularly good if you are trying to replaceparsley as a garnish since its appearance is strikingly similar. For people who are adventurous in their herbal replacements, cilantro can be an interesting choice for a dish, but if you are worried about your food being overpowered, cilantro may not be the best choice.
4. Dried parsley
When you are replacing any fresh herb, the first thing you should try to find is a dry variety. In the case of parsley, most culinary experts say that the potency multiplies 3 times in the dried form, so if your recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, use 1 teaspoon of dried parsley instead. The flavor match will be almost identical, although some slight changes occur when the herb dries.
Oregano shares the same earthy flavor as parsley but is slightly warmer than parsley in terms of taste. It is also stronger as a spice, but can easily replace parsley in stews, soups, and curries.
Known as one of the most aromatic herbs, with a pungent and unmistakable flavor, rosemary should only be used to replace parsley if you want a stronger bite in your dish, and are going to be cooking the spices, not just using them as a seasoning. As a whole, the flavors of rosemary and parsley are complementary, despite being quite different.
Mint has a recognizably sweet taste and is slightly more pungent than parsley, so it could give savory dishes more of a sweet bite than you want. However, it has a number of similar health effects and works equally well as a garnish. In middle eastern and asian cuisine, given the other spices being used, the replacement of parsley with mint won’t be as noticeable.
Do you know about the various signs and symptoms that indicate a miscarriage? Miscarriage refers to pregnancy, which ends on its own, within 20 weeks of gestation. Miscarriage is a matter of great loss and grief for pregnant women. It accounts for being the most common form of pregnancy loss. According to studies, almost 10% to 25% of pregnancies result in a miscarriage. Chemical pregnancies are likely to be responsible for almost 50% to 70% of miscarriages.
Causes of miscarriage
- The causes of miscarriage vary from one woman to another and in many cases the exact cause is not identified.
- During the first trimester of pregnancy, chromosomal abnormality is the most common cause of miscarriage. It signifies some problem with your baby’s chromosomes. Most cases of chromosomal abnormalities occur because of damaged eggs and sperm cells.
- A certain problem which appears after the zygote goes through divisional procedures may also be responsible for a miscarriage.
Other causes for miscarriage include the following:
- Hormonal imbalance, maternal health complications, and infections
- Several habits such as smoking, malnutrition, excessive caffeine consumption, drug abuse, and exposure to toxic substances
- Maternal age
- Maternal trauma
- When implantation of the egg in the uterine lining occurs improperly
Warning signs of miscarriage
There are several warning signs of miscarriage. The most important of them are as follows:
- Back pain, which can vary from being mild to fatal. This pain can be even worse than menstrual cramps.
- Loss of weight
- Discharge of mucus that is whitish pink in color
- True contractions are likely, in which pain occurs after every 5 to 20 minutes.
- Bright red or brown bleeding with or without the presence of cramps may indicate a miscarriage.
- Passage of tissue with a cloth material from your vagina.
- Sudden reduction in the signs and symptoms of pregnancy
Chances of miscarriage
There are certain factors, which indicate whether you are likely to have a miscarriage. They are as follows:
- Increase in your maternal age increases the chances of a miscarriage.
- Women who are in between the age of 35 to 45 are at a higher chance of miscarriages than women who are relatively young. In women above the age of 45, the chances of miscarriage are maximized.
- A woman having a miscarriage in the past has more chances of having another miscarriage.
In case you experience some or any one of these symptoms, it is important for you to seek professional health care as you need to evaluate whether you are having a miscarriage or not.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!