Premature ejaculation occurs when a man ejaculates sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like. Premature ejaculation is a common sexual complaint. The symptoms are:
• Always or nearly always ejaculate within one minute of penetration
• Are unable to delay ejaculation during intercourse all or nearly all of the time
• Feel distressed and frustrated, and tend to avoid sexual intimacy as a result
HOW IS PREMATURE EJACULATION DIAGNOSED?
To diagnose premature ejaculation, a sexologist will ask about your health history and may perform a general physical exam. The following tests may be done:
• Urine test to rule out possible infection.
• blood tests to check testosterone levels
In some cases, your doctor may suggest that you go to an urologist or a mental health professional that specializes in sexual dysfunction.
HOW IS PREMATURE EJACULATION TREATED?
Premature ejaculation is initially treated with pause squeeze technique. If this doesn't help, then oral medications of topical anesthetics are prescribed. A sitting of psychological counseling may also help.
DID YOU KNOW?
Premature Ejaculation is a common sexual complaint.