Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you to get in touch with the best Dermatologists online in Mangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Thansiha Nargis
Submit a review for Thansiha NargisYour feedback matters!
Very good doctor and good behavior of hospital staff
Sir I have lots of pimple on my face and shoulders also. It may go and come constantly from past 3 year so please tell what I can do.
I am having pimple on my back nack. I already consult with doctors but they didn't give any particular solution I had medicine also please help me why this happening and any solution for this?
I am 25 year old girl and I have hypersensitivity. So that I have skin problem like skin allergies, fungus infection so how can I get rid of skin problems? And normal my ige label. My ige label is above 189.
Iam losing hair, I used many shampoos, but no results yet, what can I do for this? Onl lose my hair when it grow.
I am losing hair quickly but I am tried all shampoos but there is no use I don't know what can I do else with them please help me with this.
I am 20 years old. My beard is not crowing properly. My chin is not full of beard yet. And also not balanced beard in both my chin. What should I do?
Fungal skin diseases are brought about by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increase in the following cases:
- If you are overweight
- Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
- Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
- In case of a pregnancy
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you suffer from diabetes
- If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
- Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair. There are steps which can be performed in order to protect yourself from getting a parasitic skin contamination:
- Dry your skin properly after a shower
- Try not to share hairbrushes, towels or combs since they might be carrying fungi
- In case a family member has been infected with scalp ringworm, hats, pillows, combs or scissors should be soaked using water and bleach
- Allow your shoes sufficient time to dry out by alternating them every two or three days
- In order to keep moisture away from the skin, wear loose clothes that are made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Socks, bed linen and clothes should be washed regularly to prevent the growth of any fungi
- In communal and wet areas like saunas, swimming pools, showers, etc., wear clean plastic shoes or flip-flops.
- If you have diabetes, try to keep your blood sugar under control
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!