Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
My tongue have white color for past few days and I am not able to taste and eat properly. what should I do? Please help me.
I am 25 years old. I used tobbaco since last 3, 4 years. In morning bad smell problem overcomes. What should I do?
I have a problem with mouthulcer. It happens again and again. I can't able to eat any spicy food. I eat only curd rice or milk rice. What kind of precautions should taken to avoid it.
Asking your doctor if an antibiotic medicine can be taken is advisable as it can help in reducing the infection and swelling. It can also be taken after the treatment for faster healing.
Why some times blood comes out after brushing & cleansing the mouth after some binge drinking in the previous night?
Other sources includes almonds, broccoli, dried beans.
Have happy smile and healthy teeth.
I am having blood in my mouth while sleeping. Some times the blood with saliva has yellow substance. What would be the reason.
Hi, I am 25 years old, I am working in a private company. I take my lunch (9 a. M), lunch (1.00) dinner (10.00) on time. But I suffer from bad smell from my mouth. Please give some solution for that.
Hello Dr. I lost my front two teeth by a accident but the teeth roots is present. What is the treatments I take.
Due to the consumption of tobacco my lower frontal teeth have gaps after scaling from doctors. The teeth have stains also. I consulted recently with a dentist and she advised scaling and then orthodontics treatment to close the gaps. But due to the fear of more gaps I can't do scaling. Is there any other way out to brighten the teeth and close the gaps?
Is soda and limbu acts as a good teeth whitener? and is it safe for the teeth which is of artificial cap?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"