Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mamit and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Pc LalawmpuiaYour feedback matters!
I am a diabetic patient and it is there for the past 20 years. I was taking allopathy medicines and for the past 3 years on insulin since I was travelling 110 kms daily on job matters. Now I am a retired man. Kindly inform per return any medicines available for diabetic.
I have diabetes test reports a month back. The values were 99. Am I really close to become diabetic..
I had sex with my wife after intercourse of 2 months I found that the left sides of her legs have become black in colour and itching she rubs that portion frequently.
I want to consult with sexologist. First my penis size is small. So what should I do for that. Secondly. At night some thin fluid is released after 2 or 3 day. So what for that.
I am a 28 years old I have sinusitis problem. Please suggest any medicine for it. I am suffering from headache, redness & pain in eye, tooth&neck due to sinusitis.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Supposed urine test results negative comes & period not occur after 22 days passed. What further to do for her period ,is any medicine for regular mc. Pl advice.
Dear Doctor, I wanna to increase my penis size as it is too small for sex. I have size of around 3.5 inch only at full length when it becomes at full motion. Please suggest me some herbal Ayurvedic medicine for good length and width.
I'm 22 years old my sex duration is 5 to 10 seconds I want to increase sex duration permanently and want to increase penis size and sometimes automatically spam is Coming out so much weakness I have.
Last 2 days I have detected jaundice. Can you pls. Advice me what diet should I take. To get fast recovery.
Am taking Quaker xl 300 mg tablets 7 years also taking loricon 2 mg sleeping tablet every night. Am 27 years old women. But these years I finished my studies up to Mphil. Now am feeling better. But now I want to get marry. How I will select a person? If any problems will affect my future can I stop these tablets, how I live without tablets.
What is the symptoms of wairal fever and I have red eye for over last 3 days and I have pain in my eye.
I feeling back pain and stomach pain. Normally it comes when I masturbate more and pain will continue for 3-4 days. Do I need to consult doctor. Is it a big problem?
HIV or Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a type of immune disorder which attacks the immune system of the body and slowly destroys it overtime. The HIV virus targets the immune system and makes the body susceptible to other diseases. HIV infection can progress to AIDS although it may take up to 10 or 12 years to fully go into the last stage.
Risks and Causes
HIV is a communicable disease which spreads through only the following methods
- It can spread from one person to another by means of unprotected sexual intercourse due to the exchange of bodily fluids.
- The virus spreads if you share drug needles with someone who is already contaminated with HIV virus. It can also occur due to improperly trained medical staff that may reuse syringes although this is very uncommon.
- The HIV virus transmits from the mother to the child during pregnancy through the placenta.
- Any exchange of blood in significant amounts such as blood transfusion from a contaminated patient will result in infection as well although this is very rare.
Any other form of contracting the disease such as through kissing or food is a untrue and only propagates due to ignorance.
The initial symptoms of HIV infection are noticed after a few weeks although it can take a few months to come up as well. The initial symptoms may include
- Severe headache along with intense pain in the muscles and the joints of the body.
- Frequent appearances of rashes
- Inflation of the lymph nodes
- Itchy skin
- Disorders which stay for sustained periods such as an upset stomach or a cold.
The early symptoms disappear within 2 to 3 weeks without any treatment. The later symptoms might appear after few years (sometimes up to or more than a decade), which will stay. This is usually the time HIV is diagnosed. The symptoms now may also include
- Severe muscle fatigue
- Severe loss in body weight,
- High fever and recurrent instances of sweating at the night time.
HIV is suspected if the later symptoms tend to last for a long time without any other diagnosable cause.
HIV can be treated by means of antiretroviral therapy which reduces the rate at which the virus multiplies. However, there is no cure for HIV as of yet.
In order to prevent yourself from getting HIV, you should adopt the following precautionary measures:
- You should use protection every time when engaging in sexual intercourse and if you are unsure of your partner’s HIV status.
- You should use new blades in barbershops for shaving purposes in order to prevent yourself from HIV as well
- If you are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS while you are pregnant, to prevent spreading it to your unborn baby, you might immediately need undergo a medical check-up and follow the doctor’s advice.
- Ensure that disposable syringes are used whenever they are being use for medical tests or treatments. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.