Patient Review Highlights
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are very helpful and helped me improve my health. Thanks a lot sir ... i had enquired with other also they had suggested same with me ...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful. Very helpful
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are knowledgeable. very helpful
Samrat Nandan Bora
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are very helpful, helped me improve my health and saved my life. Thanks a lot doctor. Actually the written sentence was said by an international gym trainer. That's why I was afraid to masturbate during my workout days.
Karthick Raja T
Thanks for your awesome words for my question sir, the words that KEEP IN MIND,,, after that its beautiful sir, now I am happy and will be happy with my partner to have sex and more than that I will love her from my heart sir, salute to you sir.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful, well-reasoned, professional, practical and prompt. Very happy to interact with a Doctor from Nashik. Thanks for your professional advice. Will come back to you.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be knowledgeable. Doctor Your answer is 100% true...relation is depend upon the believe and faith.so please go ahead in your life and enjoy...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be professional, well-reasoned, knowledgeable and very helpful. I know size doesn't matter ...now i feel like professional..
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are well-reasoned. If my husband know that I'm taking contraceptive pills, he suffered me a lot... Is there any other suggestions???
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be knowledgeable, very helpful, thorough, well-reasoned and prompt. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful. Sir normally my penis size is 3inch when i look any porn movie it becomes 5 inch
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned, inspiring and caring. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be caring. But my belly fats is increasing. Is it because all I do is sleeping these days ?
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, well-reasoned and saved my life. Tysm.... very helpful answer
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are well-reasoned, knowledgeable, very helpful, thorough and sensible. Best advice
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be saved my life. thnx a lot sir.. ur ans gave me relief.. thnx sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be helped me improve my health. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be professional and practical. Share feedback in your own words...
A very experienced person.. Listens to your problems patiently. Has accurate way of treatment. A good person it the field
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be caring and nurturing. Share feedback in your own words...
Dr. M.S Ambekar provides answers that are very helpful. is masterbating a main concern of not hving penis erection
I found the answers provided by the Dr. M.S Ambekar to be very helpful. It was good to c u r giving home remidies
My name is Lakshmmi Aparna. My age is 30, my husband age is 35. I got my periods on March 4. I am trying to conceive for almost 9 months. My health is good. My medical reports also normal. Can you suggest me any fertility medicine for conception?
Mera bal vibah hua tha, tab mai 16 sal ka tha, ab meri problem ye hai ki merA penis chhotA hota ja raha or erect bhi sahi se nahi hota, mai week me 1-2 din hi sex kar pata hu. Please help.
Low libido or a decreased intimate activity can affect a relationship in a big way. In some extreme cases, the impact is such that it leads to irreconcilable marital discords. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, sex or occupation can go through phases of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation.
It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead. 7 critical factors attributing to low libido
- Hormonal imbalance: Women, mostly menopausal and post menopausal, experience low libido. This is because during menopause, there is a significant drop in the oestrogen level. Reduced oestrogen level can have a huge impact on sexual desires and performance. It can also make the vagina dry, resulting in painful penetration and intercourse. Hormonal imbalance or changes during pregnancy can also result in low libido in females. In males, low libido has been found to be associated with decreased levels of testosterone.
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep to the rescue: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6- 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Medical ailemnts: Medical conditions like diabetes, cardiac problems, high blood pressure, or ailments of the coronary artery can rupture an individual's sexual life immensely. Improper functioning of the thyroid glands is another factor contributing to low libido. In such cases, it is best to consult a physician at the earliest. Rest Leg Syndrome can also contribute to low libido. It is a condition whereby a male experiences uncontrollable urge to move his legs.
- Smoking: A killer habit affecting a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Weight gain: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Monotony: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past.
Do not let low libido affect your conjugal life. Need help? We are just a click away.
Sharing small joys of life with pleasure is important and satisfying the needs of your partner is even more important. Oral sex can be a satisfying experience if it is mutually well received and enjoyed. According to observations made on the basis of surveys, both males and females like oral sex as a part of foreplay, but would rather prefer to end a sexual activity in intercourse.
Women have been found to enjoy cunnilingus, but they tend to accustom themselves to the practice of fellatio as their male partners cherish it. Very few women seem to be turned on by the action of going down on their men. Irrespective of these reported instances, oral sex is highly pleasurable. The pleasure, however, is not devoid of the looming threat of Sexually Transmitted Infections. A certain facts about oral sex can keep you aware.
These facts will help you know more about oral sex:
- Oral sex is not as risky as vaginal or anal sex, but it surely does involve chances of infections. These infections can be transmitted through fluid exchange, direct contact of genital parts and genital skin or from one person's mouth to another's genitalia or the other way round.
- Bacterial infections transmitted through oral sex can result in Syphilis, Herpes, Gonorrhea or Chlamydia. HIV is a rare case, but a possible outcome nonetheless.
- The presence of open cuts and wounds in a person's mouth can lead to STIs (sexually transmitted infections). Infectious blood is exchanged during oral sex or even during kissing.
A few precautionary measures to keep threats at bay:
- Use a saran or a cling wrap before you attempt to excite your lady's vulva. A cling wrap is an inexpensive device available in any other medicine shop. It is basically a sheet of plastic used to cover the vaginal area before two people get started with cunnilingus.
- In case of fellatio, non-lubricated condoms are the best advised solution. A condom is very effective in keeping you safe from harmful bacteria.
- Dental dams can also make you actively take part in the process of ensuring safety. Dental dams are available in various flavors such as vanilla, grape and strawberry.
Oral Sex is most rewarding when it has no adverse effects on your health. Therefore, care should be taken to follow some preventive measures for your own good. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
In my previous health tip, featured here last time, I talked about what actually is Premature Ejaculation (PE) or early ejaculation, what is its actual condition and how is it defined. Today I will share some statistics, diagnosis, variants and causes of PE.
Statistics of PE:
- You are not alone! PE is a common sexual complaint.
- Estimates vary, but as many as 30-40% men across the world experience PE at some point in their lives.
- In US alone, about 60%-70% of people experience premature ejaculation. The National Health and Social Life Survey (NHSLS) indicate a prevalence of 30%, which is fairly spread across all adult age groups.
Diagnosis of PE:
As per DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition), the specific criteria for PE are as follows:
- In almost 75-100% sexual activities, the experience of ejaculation occurs within one minute of vaginal penetration.
- The problem of PE has persisted for at least six months
- The symptoms cause significant mental stress to the person
- It occurred due to a nonsexual mental disorder, a medical disease, effects of a drug or medication, etc.
Severity of PE:
The severity of PE or early ejaculation is broadly defined as follows:
- Mild: Occurring within 30 seconds to one minute
- Moderate: Occurring within 15-30 seconds
- Severe: Occurring even before sexual activity, at the start of it, or within 15 seconds of vaginal penetration
Even the severe form is not uncommon. Many times men approach the doctors with complaint that they are not able to penetrate the vagina. They ejaculate on minor physical stimulation and it occurs again and again. In such case, pregnancy will not be possible unless artificial insemination is used.
Types and characteristics of P.E.
PE can be Chronic or Acquired
Chronic (lifelong) PE is when the person has been experiencing it since he became sexually active (i.e., post puberty). Usually it is seen that PE starts occurring from the beginning of sexual activity, probably the first sexual intercourse or even on masturbation, when the discharge occurs early.
Acquired (recent) PE means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and had successful sexual escapades but only recently (couple of weeks to months) has developed the tendency to ejaculate early.
What causes P.E?
Not a particular cause is responsible for causing PE. However, the causes of PE can be divided into two broad sub-heads, which are psychological and biological cause:
PE is believed to be a psychological problem and does not represent any known defect in the brain or nervous system. Psychological causes behind PE may include a certain pattern that is hard to change as result
of your previous sexual experiences. They may arise from following:
- Atmosphere at Work or school
- Relationships with peer groups
- General attitude toward sex
- Any bad feelings about sex that relates to one or more bad experiences encountered
- Erectile dysfunction
- Performance anxiety, where men want to show a good performance of sexual act with the female partner.
Type of the relationship/sexual engagement (e.g., married/unmarried/live in relationship)
Sexual attitude or interest of the female partner
Early sexual experiences, like development of habit of reaching climax soon for pleasure or ejaculating quickly because of fear of being discovered by others when masturbating as teenagers or during early sexual experiences with female partner. This pattern of rapid attainment of sexual release is difficult to change in later stage of life during marriage or long-term relationships.
Last but not least, a situation in which you may have hurried climax/ejaculation in order to hide your problem from your female partner; or feelings of guilt that make you rush through sexual encounters.
Biological causes of PE:
Many scientists have questioned whether PE is purely psychological. A number of investigators have found differences in nervous stimulations and hormonal differences in men who experience PE as compared
to individuals who do not. Some believe that some men have hyper-excitability or oversensitivity in their genitalia, which is again not proven. So, among the biological causes of PE, the most common are:
- Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system
- Thyroid problems
- Infection or inflammation of the urethra or prostate
- Nerve damage occurring due to trauma or surgery (a very rare cause)
- Abnormal levels of hormones and/or neurotransmitters (which are chemicals present in the brain)
- Higher, free and total testosterone levels have been demonstrated in men with PE than in men without premature ejaculation. Recent article in a Chinese andrology journal showed that semen from men with PE contained significantly less acid phosphatase and alpha-glucosidase than the counterparts
- Another study found that many men with PE have low serum prolactin levels.
Somehow these biochemical markers play only a partial role in contributing to PE. Further research is needed. Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
Certain diseases are fatal, thus, proper measures must be taken to ensure that once the symptoms have been confirmed, treatment must start immediately. Syphilis is one of the most communicable sexually transmitted diseases. If left untreated, Syphilis can be fatal.
It can lead to heart disease, brain damage and blindness. A woman infected with Syphilis can also pass it on unknowingly to her baby, if she suffers from the disease during her pregnancy. Syphilis can be easily treated, but if left too late, the antibiotics that treat it cannot reverse the damage caused by Syphilis.
Syphilis can be tested by:
- A blood test: In most cases, a simple blood test can confirm the presence of Syphilis by showing signs of the antibodies used to fight it.
- Testing the fluid from the sores: This is usually done in the case of primary or secondary Syphilis when sores are present on the patient's skin. Looking at a scraping of the sore under a microscope can be used to diagnose Syphilis if it shows the presence of the Syphilis bacteria.
- Testing cerebrospinal fluid: This is performed only in extreme cases of Syphilis where the disease may have caused complications with your nervous system. The earlier Syphilis is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
Syphilis is usually treated with antibiotics amongst which penicillin is the most preferred. If you've had Syphilis for less than a year, a single injected dose of penicillin can stop the disease from progressing. You may need additional doses if you have been suffering from Syphilis for more than a year. Penicillin is also the only antibiotic that can cure Syphilis and suits pregnant women as well. If you have been diagnosed with Syphilis during pregnancy, your baby should also be treated for it.
When undergoing treatment for Syphilis, here are a few other points to keep in mind:
- Abstain from oral, vaginal and anal sex until the sores have healed
- Get blood tests at regular intervals for at least a year after treatment
- Get tested for an HIV infection
- Fevers, nausea, headaches and chills are normal side effects associated with Syphilis treatment
- If you are allergic to penicillin, let your doctor know so that you can be given an alternative antibiotic
- If you have a lesion around your mouth, Syphilis can even spread through kissing another person
The good news is that once you've been cured of Syphilis, it does not recur. However, it is recommended to always use protection while having intercourse and abstain from sexual activities if your partner suffers from Syphilis.
One of the major sexual complaints both men and women would have is that the act does not last long. For most of them, there is a constant (sometimes untold) wish to prolong their contribution to the sexual act. The male often feels this more strongly than the females. The length of the sexual act often is decided by the males (in general). However, there are a number of males with an undisclosed problem of premature ejaculation. While there could be underlying medical problems that could be contributing to this, very often, it is not the case. There are very simple measures which are proven to be highly effective in making sex last longer. Read on to know more.
Eat right: While it may not be very evident, it is very important to eat right. Eat natural, wholesome, healthy foods which boost serotonin levels in the brain. This improves the psychological well-being and makes one feel good. Needless to say, that does reduce stress and lead to good sex. Eggs which contain cholesterol increase the amount of testosterone and improve performance.
Smoking: Quit smoking, as it is one of the main causes of premature ejaculation, which kills the whole act. Abstain from smoking and see the difference for yourself, though this is not the only change you will see.
Kegel exercises: One of the best ways to make sex last longer is the Kegel exercise, which allows a man to control the contractions of the penis. This can be done anytime anywhere. Start practice by contracting and releasing the pelvic floor muscles (which are the muscles used to stop the flow of urine halfway through). As you near ejaculation, try this exercise and ejaculation would be controlled. Controlling these muscles are useful in delaying ejaculation and prolonging the duration of sex.
Breathing during sex: While sex is portrayed as making one go breathless, learning to breathe during the act can go a long way. Focusing on breathing and the actual sensation improves performance and satisfaction levels.
Masturbation: This is a double-edged sword. For some men, it can reduce the sensation in the penile tip and so help prolong the act. For some others, it might kill the desire and make them not want the act. Try and see if it works for you.
Desensitizing the penis: An extra-sensitive tip often leads to premature ejaculation, reducing the duration of the sexual act. Condoms and/or desensitising creams can help manage this problem.
Medical conditions: If you have medical conditions causing this, have these checked and corrected.
Also, don’t fret too much. In many instances, performance anxiety is the most important contributor, and not worrying about it sometimes becomes the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My sex organ is very smaller less than 4 inch I am 21 years old everyone is making fun of me. .please help me.
I may or may not have ed. But my erection goes away during masturbation and after first ejaculation itself.
I am 21y male. I use to masturbate once or twice in a week. If I stop masturbation for one or two weeks, some abscesses will appear on the place above my penis and below my belly. Please provide me with the information why this occurs and provide me with a solution immediately.
I am porn addict and I masturbate thrice a week, I am weak I can't concentrate, I cnt work I have acidity problem, headache, back pain, angry always, my penis and balls r getting smaller, pls help me.
I got recently married. I have taken contraceptive pill one week back and again I am in a need of it. My last period is on 14th December and expected is on 16th January. Whether can I have contraceptive pill now to avoid pregnancy.
I am 23, but I have no facial hairs. I know its because of low testosterone. So what can I do? Can you prefer any medicine to boost testosterone?
A couple of decades ago, medical professionals believed that a lot of females could not climax at all. There are a number of reasons for this. It is easy for the male to know when he has achieved an orgasm, which usually happens with ejaculation, which is quite evident. For the females, on the other hand, it is not so evident. It is a perceived feeling and while the media showcase it in a particular way, reality is far moved from it.
There are various reasons why it is very difficult to pin this down. Orgasms are not just an elusive feeling for the woman, it is an elusive topic for the medical professionals too. Read on to know some of the common causes (more beliefs or notions) about this and some simple but effective ways of managing this.
- Private topic: Girls are very shy compared to boys and both their exposure to sex education and discussion about this is limited compared to boys. We might tend to think of it as common in India alone, but this is true across a vast number of countries. We are not alone! This shyness continues into their later years too, and unless transformed by the partner, it may continue to be a topic that is shunned.
- Purpose: Sex is more deemed as a form of procreation rather than for sex. Therefore, while sex is necessary for conception, orgasm is not. This is one more reason (strange but true) that orgasm is very elusive for a woman.
- Psychological factors: It could be guilt from past relationships or fear of past abuse. It could be fear of losing control or fear of coming across as vulnerable. For any of these reasons, women can have difficulties climaxing during the act.
Whatever the cause of the problem, the first step in coping up with the issue is to acknowledge the issue. Being a private topic, this is not something that is going to draw the person towards medical help. However, this needs to be discussed frankly with the partner or with the doctor. Getting the partner involved removes a lot of psychological barriers (guilt, fear, anxiety, etc.) This would result in natural ironing out of issues, improving the performance of both the people involved.
If that does not happen, seeking professional help, be it medical help to correct physical issues or counselling, is the next suggestion. A frank discussion will do wonders, and what was once elusive can be well within your reach.