Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in NARASARAO PET and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venu Gopala Reddy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Venu Gopala ReddyYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Hi my son is 1 year 8 months he's not eating properly don't know y he use to eat well but fr 2 days hes not eating he had cold we are giving him recofast and augpen kid DT.
My baby is 3 weeks old and he makes a lot of grunting noises like he is straining. He is not constipated. Is this behaviour normal or do I need to consult my pediatrician?
Mera baby 2.5 month ka hai 2 din se use loose motion ho raha ha, Mere dudh k sath wo formula milk b feed karta hai, Uska weight b thoda kam hai -3 kg.
Can a nephrotic syndrome child take salt in food? Is it harmful for him? How can nephrotic syndrome be cured?
Drink plenty of water, ors, coconut water or similar other health drink to combat this scorching heat. Babies less than six month should be on mothers milk only.
My wife infected with chicken pox, today she found the symptoms. We have a baby breast feeding baby of 9 weeks age. What are the precautions we should take now.
I need to put 10th week vaccination to my kid and it has been scheduled on 30th. Can I put this vaccination tomorrow. Sixth week vaccination putted on April 30th. I heard that there should be a gap of one month for one vaccination to another. Can I put the vaccination in 26 days. Please advice me.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.