I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care....more
I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care.
More about Dr. Sabalaxmi.S
Ambitious, experienced dentist seeking an opportunity to utilize my skills in a growing medical organization to alleviate pain, heal and change lives. I hold a bachelor’s degree in dentistry with various added certifications. I have over 11years of work experience.
DENTAL SURGEON & CLINICAL HEAD Jun’17 – March’18
At Partha Dental care India Pvt. Ltd.
• Experienced in handling Root canal procedures, crown preparations for FPD's.
• Involved in advanced dental treatment procedures like Laser Dentistry, Rotary Endodontic, Implant placements and Periodontal surgeries
• Surgical assistance to orthodontics procedures.
• Worked in collaboration with super specialists & attended various hands on courses in implant placement.
• Closely involved in monitoring the administration of the branch & Management of dental lab.
• Closely involved in campaigning, marketing & maintaining the goods of the clinic.
GENERAL DENTIST / Sole proprietor Feb ‘09 – Mar’17
At Surya Dental Clinic, Melur, Madurai Dt, Tamil Nadu
• 8 Years of experience under my own clinic.
• Administrating the clinic along with four dental assistants.
• Managing appointments and treatment for own set of patients. Experienced in working on deadlines and following procedures.
• Handling patients including case history and preliminary diagnosis.
• Involved in periodontal scaling and root planing procedures, Restorative and Endodontic procedures and Prosthodontic procedures.
• Handling all minor surgical procedures including administration of local anesthesia and dental extraction, minor periodontal surgical procedures.
• Doing minor Orthodontic procedures and Pedodontic procedures.
• Performing Bleaching and Whitening procedures.
• Successfully campaigned and gave so many counselling for smokers and tobacco users.
• Arranging free dental camps in the clinic.
• Arranging frequent dental camps and dental awareness program in schools, old age homes and orphanages.
• Ensuring patients to get a positive dental experience.
TUTORDec ‘07 - Feb ’09
At Best Dental Science College of Ultra Trust, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
• One year and 2 months experience, as tutor in Best Dental Science College of Ultra Trust, Madurai duringthe morning hours (9 AM – 4 PM).
• Assisted Professors in Department of Oral Histology and Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
• Assisted major surgical procedures done by senior lecturers and professors in operation theatre.
• Effectively operated x-ray machines and developed x-rays.
• Participated in dental camps both in rural and urban areas.
• Developed good teamwork skills through working as part of dental camp conducted by the college
• Developed excellent patient care skills.
ASSOCIATE DENTISTNov ‘07 - Jan ‘09
At Madurai Multi Specialty Dental Clinic, Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
• One year and 3 months of clinical experience in Madurai Multi Specialty Dental Clinic under the guidance of Dr.S. Deenadayalan M.D.S., D.H.A., (Prosthodontist and Implantologist) during the eveninghours (5 PM- 9 PM)
• Contacted patients on hospital waiting list for dental treatment by appointment card or by phone.
• Performed clinical assessment on patients – discussed treatment options and decided best suited treatment plan considering factors including time, cost, age and medical history of the patient.
• Had done Dental Extractions, Periodontal Scaling and Root Planing procedures, making Dental Impressions, Restorative procedures, Orthodontic procedures, Pedodontic procedures and assisted minor surgical procedures.
CLINICAL TRAINING/INTERNSHIPOct ‘06 - Oct ‘07
At Rajas Dental College & Hospital, Tirunelveli Dt, Tamil Nadu, India (Approved By FDI, GDC)
• Completed assigned quota of clinical requirements in all departments in one year of Internship.
o Fixed Prosthodontic Treatment -A realisticApproach- Jul ‘07
o Creating perfect Restorations- Mar‘08
o Fellowship of Rural Health Service (F.R.H.S)- May‘08
o ADA C.E.R.P – (Continuing Education Recognition Program) certifications for the following courses: May’10
• World class Obturation for General dentists
• Soft tissue lasers adjunctive toOrthodontic treatment
• Luxation injuries: Long term outcomes
• Exploring new frontiers in Indirect Aesthetic Restoration
• Jewels you can take home for Monday
• Risk of Coronary heart disease in association with Periodontitis and Peri Implantitis
o Rotary Endodontics - Need for speed - Hands on training-May ‘12
o Non-Surgical periodontal practitioner and application of lasers in dentistry -Nov’13
o Differential Diagnosis and management of Dentin Hypersensitivity- May’14
o Medical Emergencies in Dental practice,- Aug ‘14
o Laser workshop in Dentistry - Nov’14
o ADA C.E.R.P (Continuing Education Recognition Program) certifications for the following courses- Oct ‘14
• The use of short Dental Implants in Reduced alveolar bone height
• Clinical Perspectives on Revascularization
• Occlusion: When biologydrives
o Rotary Endodontics (Advanced): Oct ‘15