It is the flow of blood from the vagina when a woman is pregnant. Bleeding during the first trimester is considered normal while during the second and third trimester are considered serious. The probable causes are:
1. Implantation bleeding, miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy during the first trimester
2.Placenta previa, placental abruption, uterine rupture, vasa previa, premature labour during second and third trimester
HOW IS BLEEDING DURING PREGNANCY DIAGNOSED?
Your gynecologist may do a thorough physical examination to identify the cause of bleeding. For further diagnosis, the gynecologist may ask you to take an ultrasound scan to check on the fetus. An internal examination may also be done.
HOW IS BLEEDING DURING PREGNANCY TREATED?
Treatment for bleeding during pregnancy depends on the severity of bleeding. If bleeding is due to a miscarriage then surgery or premature delivery may be done to save the mother’s life. In case of bleeding due to ectopic pregnancy, laparoscopic procedures may be done. For bleeding due to other minor causes, gynecologists may either suggest complete rest or stabilizing treatments.
DID YOU KNOW?
The first trimester bleeding occurs in up to 40 percent of all pregnant women.
Am I Pregnant?
If you've been wondering “Am I pregnant?” of late the only way to come to a decision is to take a test to determine whether your supposed pregnancy symptoms are in fact first signs of pregnant women. Besides the test, some early signs of pregnancy might encourage your maternal aspirations like:
• An ache in the abdomen is a pregnancy symptom.
• Itchiness in the abdomen signifies pregnancy symptoms.
• Increased appetite is also counted among pregnancy symptoms.
• Bloodshot eyes also count among pregnancy symptoms.
• Nausea or rather what is termed as morning sickness is the classical early signs of pregnancy and is counted amongst the first signs of pregnant women.
• Cervical dilation also manifests itself as pregnancy symptoms.
• Erosion of the cervix is also among pregnancy symptoms.
• Chloasma also counts among one of the pregnancy symptoms.
• Clumsiness is amongst yet other pregnancy symptoms.
• Swollen feet may also be amongst pregnancy symptoms.
• Swollen ankles are also said to be among first signs of pregnancy.
• Some might even experience extra energy as pregnancy symptoms.
• Urinary incontinence is also pregnancy symptoms.
• Increased size of feet may sometimes occur as pregnancy symptoms.
• Food cravings increase as a result of pregnancy symptoms.
• Pregnancy symptoms may also manifest themselves as food aversions.
• Forgetfulness is also taken as amongst first signs of pregnant women.
• Production of intestinal gas also occurs as pregnancy symptoms.
• Bleeding gums too may be the result of pregnancy symptoms.
Things to Watch Out for During Pregnancy
Pay heed to these signs if you have early signs of pregnancy:
• Swelling of the face is a symptom that indicates that there is something wrong with your early signs of pregnancy.
• Swelling of feet too should be treated with care by women showing pregnancy symptoms
• Fingers swelling too is a cause of worry for women who show pregnancy symptoms.
• Chills are the cause of worry to women with pregnancy symptoms.
• If the woman with pregnancy symptoms displays acute intolerance to foods, that is also a cause of worry.
• Intolerance towards liquids are also early signs of pregnancy one should be aware of.
• Convulsions in muscles are also bad symptoms in women with early signs of pregnancy.
• Prolonged contractions are also a source of worry for women with early signs of pregnancy.
• Unusual rashes should be kept on a watch by women with early signs of pregnancy.
• High fever should be approached with caution by women showing early signs of pregnancy.
• Pressure on your pelvis is another potentially dangerous sign for those with early signs of pregnancy.
• Dimming of vision should also ring the warning bells among women with early signs of pregnancy.
• Calf pain or leg cramps that refuse to go are should alert women with early signs of pregnancy.
If motherhood doesn't appeal to you at the moment you can adopt pregnancy prevention measures among which condoms your safest option for avoiding the question- “Am I pregnant”. Birth control pills are another pregnancy prevention measure.
Benefits of Pregnancy Calculator
• With the pregnancy calculator, you know when to expect your baby
• Pregnancy calculator also helps in effective immunization of the mother.
Why Observe Pregnancy Week by Week
Observing pregnancy week by week lets us prevent antenatal bleeding. Antenatal bleeding may signify miscarriage.
Lybrate is the best reference for obstetrician and gynaecologists across India, in Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad etc. Prevent miscarriages by watching pregnancy week by week and avoid antenatal bleeding.
You can consult doctors online for Bleeding During Pregnancy from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Balloke Road, Barewal Road, Basant Avenue, Basant City, Bhai Randhir Singh Nagar, Bhamia Road and in any other locality in Ludhiana.