Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Waliullah ShahYour feedback matters!
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
The following are the primary sleep disorders associated with chronic pain:
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
- Worry and anxiety
- Sweating at night
- Depression and other mental disorders
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 62 year old male. Had an attack of compressive myelopathy three years back. Affected my right leg. I can walk but the leg still feels heavy. Doing regular physiotherapy. No improvement. Help.
I have knee pain on both of my leg past few months when my leg leg was bend into chair what can I do to over come this problem.
Hey! I m 35 years old. And have knees pain since last 2 months. I have consult many doctors. But there is no effect. What should I do?
Hii I am five months and ten days pregnant but I don't feel any movement and I have no problem like abdominal pain , back pain I am apousteley fine my weight gain normally it's any problems ya it's OK in first pregnancy.
Hello sir, I am hardly suffering with low back pain since last 6 months .I don't want to use any pain killers because of side effects At present I am working as vice -principal in private degree college . I request you kindly give any suggestions to reduce this problem ?
Hip pain and joint injury is common for all age groups. Here are 10 ways to relieve daily hip pain:
1. Start your Day with Exercise.
2. Cool Inflammation with Ice.
3. Use heat for arthritis.
4. Stretch to relieve bursitis.
5. Strengthen inner thighs.
6. Strengthen outer thighs.
7. Work Out in water.
8. Avoid High Impact activities.
9. Loose weight for arthritis relief.
10. Listen to your body.