Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Lucknow. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaideep Chandra
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Treatment of Parkinson's Disease
Submit a review for Dr. Jaideep ChandraYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have dissociative disorder and have complex partial seizure which is not proven? Doctor has given me medicine levipil 500 mg twice daily and venlite OD 100 mg once at night and lonazep 0.5 mg sos. I want to ask that my potty is not clear, doctor advise me to take isabgul 4tsp at night. Is dere any harm for dis? Please advise.
I was suffering from bells palsy (facial palsy) I took medications n therapy. Now I am worried if it effect my studies and my daily routine.Please suggest.
Dear sir, I got accident on bike on road. After consultation with doctor it was suggested that nerve was compressed at knee joint. I have under treatment for nearly 3 weeks and doctor suggested for surgery now because the nerve compressed and flush growing around the damaged nerve. Please suggest me the right way.
I have one question whenever my hed having pain like a migraine and my hand or body some where pulse is pumping why its so. Please help me.
How to control migraine . Is there any tablet . Before it comes visual blur den slowly it come ls to left side headache (one side) once vomit ll be done den only it goes .and I appears twice in a year .pls suggest permanent solution.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
Brain surgeries are now much safer with advancements in medical science. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.