Headache is basically defined as pain in the head area, which includes your forehead, scalp and even the temples. In most cases headaches occur once in a while then go away after a few hours. But if they are persistent, unbearable and happen everyday, it is the sign of some serious problem within. Along with shooting pain, one can also experience throbbing in the head, followed by mood swings.
HOW IS HEADACHES DIAGNOSED?
A general physician would carry out a complete physical and neurological examination of the patient to look for any signs of illness that could be causing the headaches. A complete history of the problem would be noted in order to treat it correctly. CT scans, MRI scans and eye exams could be recommended.
HOW IS HEADACHES TREATED?
Headaches can be treated at home by getting some sleep, applying a balm on the head or even just relaxing or getting a head massage. If caused due to migraine, sinus or other problems, medicines are prescribed to relieve pain.
DID YOU KNOW?
There are 150 different types of headaches.
Headaches are one of the most common reasons that entails a doctor’s visit. It generally affects the head, scalp and back of the neck. Some headaches may tend to be very painful while others range from moderate to mild. In today’s time and day over the counter medication is easily available to treat headaches of various types. Some common types of headaches are-
• Tension headaches- headaches that occur due to stress and tension are called tension headaches. These headaches are not very severe and generally affect the temple and the back of the neck. They are easily treatable with over the counter medication.
• Cluster headaches- more common in men than women, cluster headaches may occur recurrently and have a tendency to occur in groups. Along with pain on one side of the head, symptoms like watery eyes and nasal congestion are also common.
• Sinus headaches- sinus infections are also very common and generally occur because of bacterial or viral invasion. As a result of the infection the sinuses tend to swell up and clog, causing a headache, which can lead to extreme discomfort. Antibiotics are quite effective in offering relief from sinus headaches.
• Rebound headaches- if you consume too many medicines for headache relief, it may lead to a case of rebound headaches.
• Migraine headache- Headaches due to migraine occur as a result of some specific psychological change that takes place in the head. Some common symptoms of migraine include- eye pain, sensitivity to light, 4-72 hours of continuous headache, pain in one side of the head, nausea and vomiting. Migraine treatment include prescribed medicines and essential lifestyle and diet changes.
Headaches may also occur if you have Sciatica, a condition which leads to lower back pain. In this case, your chiropractor will help you to deal with such pain. There are also many effective natural home remedies for headaches, which are simple and have no side effects. For example-
• Ice pack- the cold ice pack helps ease pain as it reduces inflammation and numbs the area. Thus it effectively treats migraine headaches, which can be quite painful.
• Rosemary- this natural herb, contains rosemary acid which helps offer relief from headaches. This is because the acid has anti-inflammatory properties. All you have to do is, pour a few drops of the oil in your palm and massage your temples with it.
• Cloves- cloves work great, especially for tension headaches as they help ease the pain in no time. Just crush a few cloves and wrap them in a handkerchief, inhale their smell form time to time.
Headaches in general are easy to treat and do not indicate towards any serious health condition, until and unless they persist for a long period of time.
Lybrate offers you a great opportunity to consult with the top headache specialists and chiropractors and seek their opinion on different type of headaches including cluster headaches. Through, Lybrate you can connect with the top doctors all across India. Locate the top headache specialists, chiropractors and general physicians in Ludhiana, Mohali, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai etc. Lybrate.com offers easy online solutions to all your health problems. Subscribe to Lybrate.com and get effective advice on Sciatica and migraine symptoms.
Call doctors and view Headaches treatment cost in Ambajogai Road, Ausa Nanded Ring Road, Babalwa Road, Babhalgaon Road, Barshi Road, Dadoji and in any other locality in Latur. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Headaches.