It is rather common for a woman to lose about 50-100 hair strands in a day. But if a woman is having hair loss beyond this, it is referred to as Female Hair Loss. What happens here is that the woman goes through a phase of extreme hair loss, accompanied with thinning of hair and also bald patches in some extreme cases.
HOW IS FEMALE HAIR LOSS DIAGNOSED?
Medical diagnosis is the only means of diagnosing hair loss. Any Kind of tests is not required
HOW IS FEMALE HAIR LOSS TREATED?
Treatment for Female Hair Loss includes intensive medication to boost keratin production in the body, change of hair products, eating a healthy diet rich in iron and also trying to reduce stress from life. Habits like drinking and smoking affect the same too.
DID YOU KNOW?
If the hair loss is inherited, it may not grow back.
Female hair loss is often considered to be one of the commonest problems ailing modern women. The high rates of incidence of hairfall in which an individual begins to lose over 150 strands per day, warrants medical help. In some cases, the hairloss is reversible. In others, proper medical treatment and personal care become necessary.
Excessive hair loss is also known as alopecia. The following are a few conditions of alopecia
• Androgenic alopecia or Female Pattern Baldness: Resulting mainly from genetic factors or fluctuations or imbalance of hormones as in PCOS, pregnancy or menopause, consumption of oral contraceptives or the predominance of DSH and other androgens in the female body, androgenic alopecia causes thinning of the hair throughout the scalp.
• Anagen Effluvium: This condition develops when the metabolism of the hair follicles is effaced as a result of treatments like chemotherapy. It may cause upto ninety percent hairloss.
• Alopecia Areata: This is caused as a result of an autoimmune disorder in which the hair producing system of the bod is destroyed. Round or oval shaped bald patches form on the scalp.
•Telogen Effluvium: A chronic condition which develops in the wake of traumatic incident like childbirth, high stress or major surgery, malnutrition etc. telogen effluvium causes the patient to lose hair in handfuls.
•Traction alopecia: This condition develops due to the exertion of persistent pressure on the hair roots by tight hairstyles like braids, cornrows, hair extensions and tight ponytails.
A few of the common reasons for hairfall are as follows:
• Hereditary factors.
• Iron deficiency anaemia
• Unhealthy scalp caused by psoriasis, dandruff, and/or fungal infections like ringworm.
• Excessive hair styling.
While hairloss cannot entirely be prevented, a few simple home remedies for hair growth can check hair fall and make your hair luxurious.
• Make beetroots and multi mineral and vitamin supplements a part of your regular diet.
• Always massage your hair with almond, coconut, jojoba or olive oils at least an hour before shampoo.
• Add 10 chinese hibiscus flowers to coconut oil and boil it. Massage this oil onto your scalp before shampoo.
• Wash your hair with diluted tincture of arnica and warm water.
• Use a mixture of 10 drops of rosemary extract and 5 drops of nettle extract to massage your head daily.
• Apply a paste of soaked and ground fenugreek seeds to your head 40 minutes before shampoo. • Massage your scalp with one tablespoon amla and lemon juice a night before shampoo.
• Mix onion juice in aloe vera gel or olive oil and apply it to your head. You may also use the onion juice alone. Wash it off an hour later.
• Make a pack with ground licorice roots, a cup of milk and a pinch of saffron and leave it on your head over night.
• Apply aloe vera gel to your head at night and drink aloe vera juice in the morning.
• Massage coconut milk into your hair.
• Eat a teaspoonful of flaxseeds regularly.
If you are seeking help to stop hairfall, send your queries directly to the best dermatologists on our website. Lybrate brings to you the benefit of hasslefree medical advise at all hours of the day. Interact with the top doctors on our website and book an appointment online for free. Seek immediate medical help to stop hairfall. Search for the best dermatologists in Surat, Thane, Thoothukudi, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam etc. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for more information on reasons for hairfall reasons, how to stop hairfall, home remedies for hairfall etc.
Call doctors and view Female Hair Loss treatment cost in Ambajogai Road, Ausa Nanded Ring Road, Babalwa Road, Babhalgaon Road, Barshi Road, Dadoji and in any other locality in Latur. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Female Hair Loss.