Acne Scars are dark marks left on the skin after the pimples, blackheads; whiteheads, etc have faded away. These may be black or dark brown in colour. It is very common in teenagers. These scars could be a result to trying to break the pimples and not allowing them to fade naturally. There are two types of acne scars • Hypertrophic or keloid scarring • Atrophic or depressed scarring
HOW IS ACNE SCARS DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of acne scars can be done by dermatologists through • Examining areas producing acne • Laser beams
HOW IS ACNE SCARS TREATED?
The treatment of acne scars is by various methods: • Applying lotions and creams • Chemical peels • Laser treatment • Steroid injections • Dermal fillers • Extensive skin care
DID YOU KNOW?
Successful treatment of acne scars may sometimes take up to a year and thus needs patience and regular follow ups. Picking and squeezing at the scars will only elongate the healing period while avoiding sun will quicken the pace of treatment.
Acne is a long-lasting dermatological disease that occurs when the hair follicles in the skin become clogged with dead skin cells and excess oil. Its symptoms include the appearance of whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and greasy skin and may often cause scarring.
The scars develop when the pores swell thus rupturing the wall of the follicle. If the lesion is shallow, it heals quickly. If the break in the wall is deep, the lesions created as a result of the spillage of infected material are also deeper and require greater care.
Acne scars are mainly of two kinds:
• Atrophic or depressed: These scars are formed when tissue is lost. The small hole like scars on the skin surface are called ice pick scars, while the circular or oval shaped depressions resembling chicken pox scars are boxcar scars.
• Hypertrophic or keloid: These scars are produced when the body produces excessive collagen to heal the wound and forms raised tissue on the surface of the skin.
Acne is usually caused by the following factors:
• Hormonal activity: A change in hormone secretion as during puberty or menstrual cycles may cause acne formation. The increased concentration of androgens in the female body increases both the sebum levels and the follicular size.
• Medical conditions: High-androgen state can be a result of conditions like congenital adrenal hyperplasia, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and androgen secreting tumours. This causes acne outbreaks in the affected person. It can also be a side effect of anabolic steroid use as body-building supplements and testosterone replacement therapy.
• Genetic: A few people may be genetically predisposed towards acne.
• Infections: Acne may be caused by bacterial infections or parasitic mites.
• Psychological conditions: Severity of acne increases with greater stress.
• Diet- Consuming oily food is considered to be contributive to acne.
Acne Rosacea is characterized by redness, appearance of superficially dilated blood vessels, pustules and swelling on the face, across the cheeks, nose, or forehead. It may also affect the neck, ears and chest .
How to remove acne scars?
Follow these home remedies for acne to remove acne scars:
• Lemon juice: Apply a few drops of lemon juice on your face and wash it off after a while. A face pack with honey and lemon when applied on the acne every day for 2-3 weeks also helps.
• Baking soda: Massage your face with a paste of baking soda and water. Use warm water to wash it off after 2 minutes.
• Honey: Mix 2-3 crushed aspirin tablets with two tablespoons of honey and a bit of water. Apply it on your acne scars and wash off after 15 minutes.
• Tea-tree oil or apple-cider vinegar: A few drops of either of these two ingredients diluted with a bit of water works wonders on acne scars.
• Aloe vera Gel: Apply aloe vera gel to your acne scar twice, regularly. Aloe vera gel and lemon juice are the most effective acne home remedies.
How to treat pimples?
Pimple treatment also includes:
• Filler and laser treatments which are usually a last resort for healing acne scars.
• Benzoyl peroxide which reduces both the severity and the number of acne scars.
People suffering from acne should refrain from stepping out in the sun or picking at their pimples and/or scars.
Lybrate brings to you the expertise of the top dermatologists and doctors. Ask your questions on what is acne, acne rosacea, acne treatment etc. to the top dermatologist or book a consultation appointment online on our website. You can consult them for treatments on how to get rid of acne. They can also provide advice on how to get rid of pimple scars. Search for the best doctors and dermatologists in Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Indore, etc. To know more on home remedies for acne, how to remove pimples, how to treat scars etc. subscribe immediately to Lybrate.com.
Call doctors and view Acne Scars treatment cost in Ambajogai Road, Ausa Nanded Ring Road, Babalwa Road, Babhalgaon Road, Barshi Road, Dadoji and in any other locality in Latur. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Acne Scars.