Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Udgir. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant DarveshiYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I have given swin flu vaccine to my 3.2 years old son for first time because he always suffer from cold and cough, some time he starts wheezing. First shot was given on 21 feb 2015 and second in the month of 19 march 2015. After this second vaccine, after 3 days started coming rashes on his thighs. And remain for 2 months after giving allegro syrup. I want to ask you this rashes started coming because of swine flu vaccine or not. Please answer me and make me grateful.
My two yearold daughter is very low weight what can I do for her. She doesn't eat anything is any other precaution is there.
My son is 3 years old. His hb is 7. 7. Last 6 months ago there was d same problem. and most important thing is that whatever we eat means green veg. and pulses. We give him. We don' t take fast food. What should I do
Hi, My son is 3.5 years of age. He had 3 minor blood Dysentery in 2 months interval. Every time after a viral infection/fever. Stays for 0.5 to 1.5 days only and then with application of antibiotic goes away. My child specialist said it is normal. Is this really nothing to worry? We recently started fruit juice to him. Is it anything to do with Dysentery? Please advise.
My baby boy is 3 month old and he is always trying to chew something due to this he is feeling uncomfortable and crying. Please suggest me what I need to do. Thanks in advance.
Which milk is good for my 21 months old child. Cow milk or packged milk like amul gold? Or any other?
Pet dog bites on her face. Dog is vaccinated. Kindly advice treatment, diet, and necessary instructions to follow. Thanking you.
Hi sir I am 6 year married lady. Still I not have any kid. Gone though a lot medical test n now I want some other methods for pregnancy. Is surrogacy is safe.
My baby is of 51/2 months and still on breastfeed. Can I start with something else? and if yes, then what it can be?
I have 3 month old baby boy. Usko sardi hey or nak band ho jati hai. To koi salah Yaa koi drops. Use or koi problem nai hai. Nind kam hai to vo puri nind kare aesa kuch bataye .pls.
Fever is returning in every 4 hrs for my 17 months old baby . We have been giving him ibugesic plus . Kindly advise asap.
My child age 6 is facing sever atopic dermatitis. Is long term steroidal cream harmful for his skin.
My son is 5 years old and studying in UKG. He gets angry very soon and does not listen to us. Is there any medicine which can reduce his anger.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.