This test is basically conducted to compute the quantity of chloride in urine. Our body normally tries to keep its pH level in balance. However, there are certain circumstances that can cause an imbalance in the pH level. If one’s body tissues turn too alkaline one may get metabolic alkalosis, which is the opposite of acidic. One can get metabolic alkalosis from taking certain kind of medication that makes you urinate often. This is also possible after vomiting or having low level of potassium. This could also be caused by an odd medical condition such as or Gitelman syndrome or Bartter syndrome. In case one has metabolic alkalosis, examining the amount of chloride in your urine gives a doctor additional information about your condition.
No such special preparation is required for Urine chloride test. But however, one needs to inform the concerned doctor about any kind of medicines, herbs, supplements, and vitamins that you are taking or any existing medical conditions or any allergies before taking the test. Depending upon your underlying condition your doctor will give you definite instructions that need to be followed. Do not stop taking any medication without prior consent of your doctor. Remember to hydrate yourself enough before providing a urine sample. Do let your healthcare provider know if you have vomited recently.
The results of the test tend to vary depending on an individual’s health history, age, gender and the method that has been used for conducting the test and other things. You could ask your doctor to interpret the results of your tests. The normal results of this test ranges from 25-40 mEg/L. If your test result shows below the normal range, this could mean that you perhaps have a lack of chloride in your diet. This could also mean that you have had medical suctioning done of the contents of your stomach or either you have been vomiting. If your results are higher than the normal range, this could mean that you have Gitelman syndrome or Bartter syndrome or have a very low level of potassium. High levels could also be caused by lately consuming some kind of medication used to increase urination.
A urine sample will be required for a urine chloride test. There are a few things one needs to keep in mind before taking the test. Men need to wipe the head of their penis clean prior giving a urine sample. Women need to wash their genital region with some soap and warm water and rinse it cautiously thereafter. The best urine sample is a midstream one. This means, an individual must urinate a little just before starting to collect the urine in the designated urine container. Subsequently, close the container with its lid and wash your hand properly thereafter.
All age groups
32 - 290 mmol/L
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
There three major factors that can help you prevent and reverse pre- and type II diabetes: proper diet and appropriate nutritional and herbal supplementation, exercise, and weight management.
Growth of hair may occur either on its own or after a particular treatment, inducing hair growth. There are various treatments as well as solutions for preventing and treating hair fall. Loss of hair occurs due to various reasons, including fungal infection on the scalp, genetic reasons, head injury and extreme fever. Homeopathic treatment is one of the finest branches of medical treatments that have been proved to be highly effective in curing hair fall and in promoting growth of hair.
• Homeopathy is a stream of medications that has been there for a long time and prepared with herbal and mineral sources.
• Many practitioners recommend homeopathic treatment for a long-term solution of hair loss.
Some of the most effective homeopathic medications for hair loss include:
• It is extracted from sandstones and human tissues.
• This medicine is very useful for strengthening the roots of hair and eliminating the dryness by offering total nourishment to the scalp and hair.
• Silicea is a growth enhancer and is one of the 12 tissue cell salts found in human beings.
• Kalium Carbonicum is a homeopathic medication that has been extracted from compounds that Egyptians used for preparation of glass.
• It is prescribed by homeopath practitioners all over the world to stop thinning and brittleness of hair, thereby promoting good hair growth.
• Homeopathic experts recommend lycopodium for the prevention of premature balding.
• It is particularly suitable for pregnant women and those who have recently given birth, as hair fall is a common symptom at this stage.
• It is generally prepared by distilling the spores of some evergreen plants like club moss, which is popularly referred to as staghorn moss.
• The preparation of Natrum muriaticum is executed from sodium chloride, which is commonly known as table salt.
• This medication has been proven to be very effective, where hair loss is caused from dryness of scalp, dandruff problems, skin diseases and menstrual disorders.
• It can also treat hair loss caused from hormonal imbalances and is a great solution for people who react emotionally to loss of hair.
Though the homeopathic treatment regime is filled with hoards of medicines, it is crucial to consult an expert to know which treatment would work for you and refrain from administering medicines on your own. This will help you to reap the benefits of homeopathic treatments and have desired growth of hair.
Liver is a very important organ of your body. It is also the largest internal organ. Liver plays a pivotal role in food digestion, iron metabolism, regulation of blood clotting and removal of toxins from your body. Liver problems refer to the disruption of liver functions. There are various liver problems and diseases that you may encounter. Some of the liver problems are as follows:
The most common causes of the above mentioned liver problems are
Different liver problems have different symptoms. But there are some common symptoms for all liver diseases. The most common symptoms are mentioned below
Homeopathy can treat liver problems very effectively. The following are some of the solutions offered by homeopathy for different liver problems
1. If you are suffering from the problem of fatty liver, your doctor may recommend you medicines like Lycopodium, Phosphorus, Nux vomica
2. If you suffer from the problem of liver enlargement then your doctor may recommend you medicines like Carduus Marianus
3. Chionanthus and Taraxacum are medicines advised for liver problems like jaundice
4. Natrum sulphuricum may be recommended to you if you are suffering from problems like Liver cirrhosis
Homeopathic treatment for liver problems is very effective since it treats the medical condition according to specific symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
What are the causes?
Bladder cancer can be caused by environment-related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. It may also be caused by continuous exposure to chemicals such as dyes or leather dust and radiation. These chemicals tend to cause unusual changes in the cells of the bladder lining and causes cancer in the bladder.
It can also be caused by modifications in the dna in the cells of the bladder which may impair the functioning of the cells in the body. This can cause mutations in the bladder resulting in cancer.
What are the symptoms?
1. Presence of blood in the urine, often painless
2. Feeling of pain while passing urine
3. Back pain
4. Excessive urination
5. Infections in the urinary tract
6. Lower leg swelling
7. Pain in the bones, especially in the pelvic area
8. Weight loss
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of the cancer. The various treatment choices are:
Surgery - In some cases, these cancers are surgically removed by a surgeon. A type of surgery used is transurethral resection of bladder tumor (turbt) where the cancer cells are destroyed with laser by passing a thin fiber into the bladder.
Chemotherapy - In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
Immunotherapy - This treatment boosts the immune system of the body so that it attacks the cancerous cells in the bladder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Having problems ejaculating at the right time can prevent you and your partner from feeling satisfied during sexual intercourse. Nonetheless, premature ejaculation is not the only type of ejaculation issues you should know about. In addition to this other forms of ejaculation that make up this group of sexual dysfunction are delayed ejaculation and retrograde ejaculation.
Here's how you need to handle the different types of ejaculation problems:
Premature ejaculation - The first very common ejaculation that all men in the world experience is premature ejaculation. This kind of sexual dysfunction occurs when you ejaculate either before or after penetration with least amount of sexual stimulation.
To treat the problem, medicines, primarily a form of anti-depressant drug known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (ssris) are recommended for bringing about a delay in the expulsion of semen. Even couple therapy can help to treat the problem as this form of counseling helps in coming up with methods that both the partners can perform to prevent premature ejaculation.
Delayed ejaculation - You're said to suffer from instances of delayed ejaculation if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Unable to expel semen even though you may want to and your erection is normal
Treatment for this problem usually involves going to the root cause of the problem. Many times, the cause could be an effect of the medication you may be taking. If the cause is psychological in nature, you may require counseling.
Retrograde ejaculation - This happens when the ejaculate matter rather than exiting through the penis goes back into the bladder and comes out later during urination. Retrograde ejaculation commonly occurs in diabetics, especially those that suffer from nerve damage brought on by diabetes.
This type of sexual dysfunction doesn't require treatment as you can still experience a healthy sex life. In certain cases, the use of drugs can also help in restoring your normal ejaculation prowess. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.