Wilson's Disease Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Maxillofacial Trauma
Liver Problems Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Liver Diseases
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
There are valves in the each of the four chambers of the heart. These valves make sure that blood flows in one direction only. The blood flows from the atria into the ventricles through the mitral and the tricuspid valves. The pulmonic and the aortic valves allow the blood to flow out of the ventricles. Valve problems occur when the normal functioning of the valve is impaired.
Impaired valve function leads to blood flow obstruction, which in turn can lead to stenosis of the valve. This puts lot of strain on the heart muscles, forcing it to work harder. It may also lead to the blood flowing backwards through the valve and back into the heart.
The various causes of valvular heart disease are:
- Valvular heart disease: If you are suffering from rheumatic fever, it may lead to valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease refers to various defects in the heart which are present since birth. In some cases, these defects may include being born with abnormal valves.
- Heart attack: If you have suffered a heart attack, your heart muscles may be damaged or impaired.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a genetic disorder that is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently.
- Age: Ageing may cause certain changes in the body that lead to valvular heart disease.
Valvular heart disease is treated by various homeopathic remedies that do not have any side effect. It takes a holistic approach to healing the body as it gets to the root of the disease. The various homeopathic remedies for valvular heart disease are:
- Cactus grandiflorus: This remedy is used in a number of heart complications such as stenosis of the valve. It helps in getting rid of the inflammation in the heart muscles, so that the heart can pump blood efficiently.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is another remedy that helps in healing the muscles of the heart by regulating the pulse.
- Kalmia latifolia: Kalmia latifolia is a homeopathic remedy that is used in treating various complications of the heart. It also helps in symptoms of rheumatic fever that may lead to valvular heart disease.
What does neck and shoulder pain indicate?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury? your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas.
Having a happy and satisfied love life is very important for any person. However, physical limitations such as erectile dysfunction can severely hamper that and cause you to lose out on physical pleasure. It may also cause strife in your marital life and be a cause for low self-esteem as well as social embarrassment. Erectile dysfunction, which is commonly referred to as impotence, is either the inability to continue with an erection into climax for a continued period, or being able to maintain the erection for a very short time or not being able to get an erection at all.
Causes of erectile dysfunction according to Ayurveda
Erectile dysfunction may be caused due to a variety of factors which include physical issues, lifestyle habits as well as psychological issues. Anything from injuries to defects within the spinal cord or problems with blood flow may cause erectile dysfunction. An abusive childhood or guilt associated with sex may also be responsible. In Ayurveda the study of sexual medicine is linked to ‘shukra dhatu’. Any problem with this may thus result in multiple sexual problems including erectile dysfunction.
How Ayurveda can help cure erectile dysfunction?
Ayurveda take a holistic approach rather than trying to cure the problems from one focused area. It tries to get the issues with ‘Shukra Dhatu’ resolved in your body so that erectile dysfunction can be cured. Some of the techniques applied in Ayurveda are mentioned below. The exact implementation as well as the combination of the methods chosen may change according to the causes in a specific case.
- Vajikarna therapy: This is a holistic cleansing process which aims to remove the faults within the body that are causing erectile dysfunction. It includes many processes such as controlled regurgitation to take out toxins from the body, special ayurvedic massages, a specially recommended diet, and various herbal concoctions that can rejuvenate your vitality and help you get rid of erectile dysfunction.
- Using specific drugs to correct erectile dysfunction: Certain Ayurvedic herbs can be quite effective in dealing with erectile dysfunctions, both in the form of specialized ayurvedic medication or if administered as home remedies. Some of these herbs include:
- Shatavari among others
- Changes in lifestyle habits: Excessive drinking, smoking and consumption of junk food may all lead to weight gain as well as imbalances within the body. These may affect the heart, blood pressure or sugar levels in your body and lead to erectile dysfunction. Ayurveda would require you to cut down or quit certain lifestyle related habits which are causing ED. Herbs and other methods along with lifestyle changes will then help you to get your vitality back.
- Yoga and meditation: Exercise and movement would definitely help you in setting your body on the proper path. Yoga and meditation would thus, be an integral part of the treatment for erectile dysfunction. This would be required in order to correct the systems that have been upset within the body and allow you to have a fulfilling sexual life.
Just like there are exercises to lose weight, there are simple exercises, which you can do to stop your snoring completely. Snoring is a common condition and it generally takes place more in men than women. It mostly affects individuals who are overweight and the condition gets worsened with age. Though it is not a serious condition, it has to be dealt as it affects the sleep of your sleeping partner. The main cause of snoring is an improper flow of air through the mouth or nose.
The airflow to the nose is obstructed by factors like:
- Genetic factors
- Sinus Infection
How to Prevent Snoring:
It is very essential that prior attention is given to this condition before it turns out to be a serious problem. The self help tips that can be used by individuals to stop snoring include proper exercising, losing weight, quitting smoking and not drinking alcohol as well as setting up an ideal sleeping pattern. There are devices available in the pharmaceutical stores like the mouth guard device which are specially designed to help stop snoring. There are medications also available that help to stop snoring and have good quality sleep.
Amazing and Simple Exercises to Stop Snoring:
You can cure your snoring problem easily by practicing vocal exercises without the need of even going through a painful and expensive surgery.
- Singing: Singing is an excellent exercise that is very good for your vocal passage and that can cure the snoring problem. It is best that you start singing in a warm shower and the moist steam of the warm water would soothe your throat. The benefit of singing is that it tightens the muscles and it is an excellent and natural way that would cure your sleeping problem. You can practice singing at least 20 minutes in a day, and you would surely experience the difference.
- Yawning: The second simple exercise that can be done to stop snoring is yawning, which involves opening and closing of your mouth. The exercise done in a yawning motion would strengthen both the inner and outer neck muscles. It is very necessary that the mouth is opened widely, and this activity can be done anytime of the day.
- Chewing: The third exercise that is helpful to get relief from sleep disorders is chewing. You can fix your throat by chewing the tip of a pencil. You don't have to bite the pencil, and you just need to fix your throat muscles to make certain that your airway is clear.
Frequent headaches can be uncomfortable at best, and debilitating at worst. While a chronic migraine can come with a throbbing pain on one side of the head, headaches due to tension can cause mild to moderate pain on both sides. Also, daily headaches happen in at least 15 days, Hemicrania Continua is a condition that brings about constant pain, and usually happens on one side of the head. Other causes of headaches include eye problems like myopia, presbiopia, squint, long sitting on computer screen, low sugar, acidity etc. A proper eye checkup, neurologist opinion, diet, meditation for treatment is important. Read on to learn more about dealing with these different kinds of headaches.
1. Medical treatment: Inflammation, infections like meningitis and brain injuries that have been proven to be traumatic should be treated with due medication after a proper consultation with a doctor. In certain cases, headaches can be caused due to brain tumours and they must be treated at once. Also, headaches that come with fever, stiff neck, confusion and constant vomiting must be treated by a doctor immediately.
2. Take an over the counter drug: Taking an over the counter drug for instant pain relief can stop the pain and give temporary or long term relief, depending on the kind of headache you are experiencing. It is advisable to speak with a doctor before taking any kind of drug.
3. Find your triggers: Find and limit your triggers like certain food types as well as stress and certain seasonal changes. Stepping out in the summer with an umbrella and avoiding caffeine or too much of chocolate and cheese can also help in alleviating the pain. Stress is also a major factor that contributes to headaches and should be avoided in order to prevent or stop the pain.
4. Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated is a good way to treat headaches instantly. The consumption of water is known to soothe the pain effectively.
5. A soothing break: Find a quiet place with dim lighting to take a break that should ideally last at least half an hour to one hour, or even more. This will help in diminishing and removing the pain. You can also use a cold compress and get yourself a massage.
Haematology is a science, which studies the functioning of blood, blood producing organs and blood related diseases. Previously people are not aware of the functioning of Haematology and its effectiveness. But as more and more research is beign conducted on this health care science the modern world is introduced with this amazing stream of medical science.
Haematology can study and provide best curing measures for many severe diseases and one of the diseases, which are considered as the most dangerous is Thrombocytopenia. This is the condition in which the blood cell fragments known as platelets reduce. Difficulty faced by the body to clot the blood and stop the bleeding is a major symptom and when the platelet count reduces too much then mild to severe bleeding happens. Bleeding can be inside the body, on the surface of the body or underneath the skin as well.
How to control it?
The individuals suffering from lack of platelet count or Thrombocytopenia are advised some preventive measures to maintain the conditions from becoming severe.
- People should avoid the medicine that they know had decreased the platelet in the past.
- They should avoid alcohol consumption which slows down the production of platelets.
- Avoid contact with toxic chemicals like arsenic, pesticides or benzene as they can slow down the production of platelets.
- Be aware of the substances or medicines that may affect the counts of platelets or increases the risk of bleeding.
Haematology is very helpful for doctors to know the hidden causes of blood related diseases. To cure the low platelet count many effective medicines are available in the various health care systems. There are many Haematology experts who are accomplished with their expertise in treating people. Patients of blood cancer should see the best doctor and get the best remedies to live a happy and pain free life.
5 Ways to alleviate nighttime heartburn
Nighttime heartburn is a very common medical condition that causes a burning sensation in the chest region due to excessive acidity in the digestive system. This condition is witnessed very often in people and mostly it tends to awaken people from their sleep thereby disrupting their sleep patterns. Here are some effective ways to cure and prevent heartburn sensations during the night time.
1. Avoid acidity triggering foods: You should avoid the foods and drinks which are harsh on your digestive system and cause acidity and heartburn related problems during the night time. Some of the common foods and drinks responsible for nighttime heartburn and need to be avoided are alcohol, caffeinated drinks like colas, coffee and tea, chocolate and cocoa, peppermint, garlic, onions, milk, fatty, spicy, greasy, or fried foods and acidic foods like citrus or tomato products.
2. Follow a proper exercising pattern: You should never exercise immediately after having your meals. Instead, a considerable amount of a time gap should exist between your meal and your workout session. Do not ever eat a heavy meal before you exercise, because in spite of giving a time gap the richness of the food will adversely affect your digestive system.
3. Quit smoking habits: If you are a chronic/chain smoker, then you might witness the blockage of your gastrointestinal tract (digestive passages), which will further degrade and worsen the heartburn condition. Easier said than done, smoking is an addictive behaviour and you should be taking special care to lessen it and ultimately quit smoking.
4. Develop a chewing habit: If you are facing a chronic and regular heartburn problem, then you should definitely try excessive chewing of materials like gums. Chewing helps to generate excessive amounts of saliva during the act and the saliva, in turn, helps to soothe the acidic activities in your esophagus, thereby decreasing the probability of frequent heartburns.
5. Adopt weight loss measure: Sometimes, excessive body weight is also one of the potential factors responsible for causing frequent heartburns. But, if you shed a couple of kilograms from your body, then you will surely witness a relative decline in the symptoms of heartburn during night.
Diagnostic laparoscopy is a surgical process for examining different kinds of organs present in the abdomen. It is a low-risk and minimally invasive process in which just a small incision is made. This allows the doctor to evaluate the conditions of your abdominal organs without opting for an open surgery. It’s mostly performed when the patient complains of pain in the pelvic region and when other assessing methods have failed to detect the reason behind the pain and discomfort.
How is laparoscopy done?
The laparoscope is a slim and well-lit telescope that allows your doctor to evaluate the conditions of various organs in your body. It can help in determining whether there is any instance of fibroid or endometriosis. It can help in performing a variety of surgeries like removal of ovarian cysts, hysterectomy and tubal ligation. This surgery involves much lesser healing time compared to other elaborate surgeries.
Why should you go for laparoscopy?
Your gynaecologist may recommend you to get a laparoscopy for a treatment or for diagnosis. It is mostly performed due to unexplained pelvic ache, infertility and a history of pelvic infection. Laparoscopy is also performed for the diagnosis of conditions such as uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic pus or abscess, ectopic pregnancy, painful scar, inflammatory disease in the pelvic region and reproductive cancers.
How to prepare for gynaecological laparoscopy?
Your gynaecologist would ask you to prepare for the laparoscopy test on the basis of the type of surgery. Your doctor would ask you about the medication you take, which would include health supplements and over-the-counter medications and in certain cases you may have to stop certain medications. This process is performed under anaesthesia and you would be able to go home on the same day. The following process depends on the type of process. The diagnosis process is completed faster than the surgical process in which an incision is required to be made. The instrument would be inserted through the incision and then the surgery is executed by inserting the laparoscope tool. Once the process is completed, all the tools are removed from the body and the incision would be closed with stitches and the affected area would be bandaged.
In recent times, the laparoscopic process has advanced to a great extent and robotic surgery is often used for performing the surgical process. This is because it has been proven that robotic hands are steadier than human hands and can perform fine manipulations effortlessly.
Sir/mam, I want to know that I get very tensed at certain times which leads to acute headache and body pain. What should I do to avoid or control this?
I started taking Liv 52 (Himalayan company) tablets to improve my liver functioning. However, when I checked my latest Lab reports, I found deficiency on following parameters. 1. Low Iron- 492. Hormone Imbalance 5.253. High Triglycerides - 2054. Creatinine - 0.70Though I am diabetic, I am usually healthy. Please let me know whether Liv 52 tablet is causing any extra problems.
Dear Sir/Madam, I am 42 years and suffering from cervical neck pain and I am getting so much pain above the trout and behind the neck, I shown to Dr. Saying because of cervical pain is radiating to the front portion of the neck (my nature of work is office accounts sitting maximum of the time in front of the system) please suggest me some remedy Thanking you,
I have itching problem in lower part as well as in thighs. It occurs from two month back. Now whole family is suffering from itching. Doctor recommended Candid B but not worked.
Thanks to the cold weather, people love to have piping hot foods to quench their hunger. Of these foods,samosas,bhajjias,wadas top the list. We doctors and dieticians see a upward trend in the number of clients with Gastro problem ,spike in blood sugars and as well as gain in body weight. Today , i am going to reveal the 3 most easy tricks to keep yourself hale and healthy.
Consume atleast 2 seasonal fruits ( Oranges/ black grapes/ strawberries). Donot worry these foods would not cause you cold. These fruits infact help you to safeguard against common cold owing to its rich nutrient content. Do consume it in fresh form .
Toss up you salads and soups with lemon or amla juice as both are potent source of Vit C and antioxidants. Increase the intake of soup to control your hunger pangs
Reduce the intake of Dairy products as it is known to produce cough especially in cold seasons.
Happy winter and enjoy your foods though in moderation but donot forget to follow the tips !
Drink a glass of milk with your meals, rather than a glass of water. If you eat cereal for breakfast, try adding a sliced up banana along with it.
How do you suppose to sit?
Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don't reach the floor.
Don't cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips.
Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
How you should stand properly?
Bear your weight primarily on the balls of your feet.
Keep your knees slightly bent.
Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
Let your arms hang naturally down the sides of the body.
Stand straight and tall with your shoulders pulled backward.
Tuck your stomach in.
Keep your head level-your earlobes should be in line with your shoulders. Do not push your head forward, backward, or to the side.
Shift your weight from your toes to your heels, or one foot to the other, if you have to stand for a long time.
What is the proper lying position?
Find the mattress that is right for you. While a firm mattress is generally recommended, some people find that softer mattresses reduce their back pain. Your comfort is important.
Sleep with a pillow. Special pillows are available to help with postural problems resulting from a poor sleeping position.
Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
Sleeping on your side or back is more often helpful for back pain. If you sleep on your side, place a pillow between your legs. If you sleep on your back, keep a pillow under your knees.
Believe me, it's so easy to pile up the kilos during winter…courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas/परांठा), sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak (गुड़गचक) and mom’s pinnies (पिन्नी).
It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control. Winter binging may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos. The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
Tips to prevent winter weight gain:
1. Get enough sun-shine
A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your vitamin D status.
2. Limit fatty foods
Foods such as fried snacks, puddings, pinnies and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
3. Fill yourself up with fiber
Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetableshave soup before your dinneradd oats, barley and dals (दाल) to help keep you fuller for longer.
4. Don’t skip workouts
Don’t skip the gym. Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
5. Weigh yourself every day
Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight. Maintain record of weight and inches as well.
6. Indulge in healthy drinking
Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee. Have light soups and broths.
Sleep affects our physical and mental health tremendously, and many of us do not get enough. Photo credit konstantin yuganov/istock/getty images
Sleep affects our physical and mental health tremendously, and many of us do not get enough. Lack of sleep adversely affects metabolism, mood, concentration, memory, motor skills, stress hormones and even the immune system and cardiovascular health. Sleep allows the body to heal, repair and rejuvenate itself in a way it simply cannot when a person is awake.
Even if you just get out for a walk a few times a week, exercise is important for being fit and healthy. Cardiovascular exercise helps to strengthen the heart and lungs, strength training helps to strengthen the muscles and stretching helps to reduce the risk of injury by increasing flexibility. Exercise also improves circulation and body awareness, and regular exercise can help combat depression.
Get as many fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet as possible and make them the main part of your overall diet. Include lean sources of protein such as poultry, fish, tofu and beans. Eat balanced meals and do not overeat. Stop eating before you become completely full and give yourself a chance to digest your food. Snack on whole foods such as fruit, vegetables and nuts. Avoid highly processed foods that contain artificial sweeteners or colors, hidden sugars or excessive fat.
Eat breakfast each day
A healthy breakfast starts your day off right. It sets you up so that you have energy and fuel for optimal mental and physical performance. Eating breakfast helps to maintain stable blood sugar levels and a healthy weight because you are less likely to overindulge later in the day.
Our bodies are made mostly of water. Most fluids and foods contain water that will help to keep our bodies hydrated, but fresh, clean, plain water is still the best and healthiest beverage for maintaining a healthy body. It is the most natural cleanser for our organs and digestive system. Being hydrated is crucial for the brain as well as for helping to flush toxins out through the skin (perspiration) and urine.
Stress can cause a myriad of problems, from heart trouble to digestive problems. This should not come as a surprise. What many people do not know is what to do about it, how to manage their stress. Exercise, meditation, doing what you love, appropriate boundaries, spirituality, being in nature, and enjoyable hobbies all help alleviate the harmful effects of stress on the body. Don't overwork. Take breaks (vacations, mini-vacations, days off) and surround yourself with people who support you.
Keeping emotions bottled up inside can cause mental and emotional stress as well as physical symptoms. Unexpressed feelings can lead to depression, sleep problems, eating disorders, and even physical pain. Learn to talk about your feelings, or express them through some sort of art. Even writing thoughts and feelings down is a good way to express things you find hard to say.
Consistency and moderation
In order to maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle, it's important to have some sort of consistency when looking at the big picture result. Make changes one at a time, and don't make too many changes at once or you will risk relapsing into old habits. Making these choices a part of your daily life will help you to reach your health goals. Avoid extremes in any capacity. Exercise moderation when it comes to fitness, food and fun.
Heath tip - Neuropathy
Neuropathy is a condition where high levels of glucose in the blood can lead to nerve damage and poor circulation. When circulation gets affected blood doesn't move around the body as well as it should. Cuts and grazes will not heal easily and the person may experience pain and and cramps in the legs. And it might develop as atherosclerosis an inflammatory disease that causes thickening of the blood vessels neuropathy is of three types they are
A. Sensory neuropathy which affects the nerves carrying information around the body from the bones skin and muscles to the brain.
B. Motor neuropathy which damages the nerves that send information about movement
C. Autonomic neuropathy which affects functions that happen automatically such as sweating and can lead to dry skin by way of reduced moisture