Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod Kr NevatiaYour feedback matters!
The doctor was very good. Very satisfied with him. The clinic had clean, air conditioned sitting place. They had no idea of the appointment made through lybrate. I made an appointment on phone.
Hi, I am suffering from severe lower back pain. please Advise. Looking for some physiotherapy near by.
I am 39 years old I am suffering from joint pains. My uric acid, esr is also high not so much. So please suggest what to do?
I have a severe low back pain, it occurred to me by falling from stairs, my pain has reduced but pain is still there.
I fell down in my right hand last year and ruptured my wrist's muscle This year again the pain is very much What should I do.
I am 73 years old, still active. Thrice a week I go for Taichi, Zumba and Yoga to a Seniors Dignity club. I have pain in my neck and shoulders, since the last one month. I am continuing with my activity. It has not aggravated.
My mom is having knee pain since 10-15 years. Diagnosed with rheumatoid n osteoarthritis. She has diabetes since 15 years n now she is on insulin n sugar under control. Sometimes bp fluctuates. Can we go for a knee transplant surgery?
Sir My 2nd finger in right hand in a pin type dot show, it have 2years passed, some time giving it pain, but some time no problem, it any problem for me. Waiting a valuable response.
My right side back till right side arms pain when I take pain Killer from doctor its stop for 2 3 days after that pain start again. What should I have to do?
Hi,Iam Ramesh.44 years old,I have a bulge at lower part of stomach at right side which causes a back pain and I can not stand long and walk. is it called Hernia?
Sir, I am 34 years old, I have pain in my left knee from last one month, I am not knows what happen, I have medicine from a Doctor, Orthopedics for three days with knee cap but no relief so far. Can you suggest me the right treatment.
My age is almost 62 years and suffering of both knee joints since last 10 years and treated garelu upchars(home method) as and when tips given by others .Very difficult to use Indian toilet and stiffness and pain found from standing from bed and walking in morning.And walking continuous 10-15 minutes start pain and forced to sit .During sitting or sleeping knee joint pain not felt.So you are requested to guide and consult accordingly and advise me or suggest me applicable your medicine .Cost .Sending method etc t
Sir my age is 22 Sometimes is feel like there is current flow in my backbone which at last results in pain. Please suggest some cure about it. Thanks.
I am 26 years old since 10 days I have severe low back pain and I am unable to sit for one hour also there is stiffness while walking.
My uncle has a problem of frozen shoulder since 8 months. We have consulted many doctors but still not getting any solution.
I am of the age 69 years & I faces with osteoarthritis. LOWER BACK PAIN, I am USING A CREAM BLUE EMMO made in USA. please advice. I am diabetes patient, but that is under control.
Hi, I am 25 years old male. Whenever I bend, a pin point spot near my heel pains. Its like someone is putting needle at that spot.
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease concerning the bones. Decreased strength of the bones poses a risk for them to break. Osteoporosis is very common among older people, whose bones become brittle with age. The most common bones affected by this disease include the backbone, forearm bones and the hip bone. There are no such symptoms until a broken bone occurs. The bones weaken to such an extent that a break may happen in case of very minor stress. Usually, a broken bone is followed by chronic pain and the disability to perform daily activities. Surveys show that 15% of white people in their 50s and 70% of white people in their 80s are affected by osteoporosis.
What are the common causes and symptoms of osteoporosis?
- May occur due to the lowering of the 'peak bone mass index'.
- In women, bone loss increases after menopause stage due to lowering down of estrogen level.
- Also occurs because of another disease or previous treatments. This includes alcoholism, surgical ovary removal, hyperthyroidism, anorexia or any form of kidney disorder.
- Anti-seizure medicines, chemotherapy, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and taking of performance-enhancing drugs like steroid increase the bone loss rate.
- Lack of regular exercise may lead to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is defined as a 'bone density of 2.5 standard deviations below than that of a young adult'.
- Osteoporosis is hereditary in nature. People having a family history of osteoporosis are at a high risk of getting the disease.
- More than thirty genes are linked with osteoporosis development.
- If you have had a fracture before, you are at a risk of a repeat.
- Early menopause in women is also responsible for osteoporosis.
- People with a small structure and body build are at a risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Protein and vitamin deficiency makes your bones weak and makes you vulnerable to osteoporosis.
- Phosphoric acid present in soft drinks is another threat, which may cause the disease.
- People suffering from malnutrition are likely to get osteoporosis.
- Over replacement of L-Thyroxine may lead to osteoporosis.
- Use of heparin and warfarin for a long time decreases the bone density.
How can Osteoporosis be prevented?
The best way to avoid getting osteoporosis in the future is to maintain a preventive lifestyle.
- Exercise regularly
- Indulge in natural calcium sources
- Maintain intake of vitamin D and K
- Do not smoke and consume alcohol
- Don't undertake stressful physical activities
- Go for regular health checkups
- Stay fit and stay away from obesity
Osteoporosis is a disease you must stay away from. It leaves you physically incapable and unfit.