Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vicky Yunani DavakhanaYour feedback matters!
Hi my last period was on 2 April and till now my periods didn't come, m undergoing medication Obimet Sr 1gm and normoz, have problem of pcos and I testes today it came negative, please suggest.
When I was 19 I went to the gynecologist as they suspected I had endo, turns out when they did an ultrasound I was told I had PCOS. When I was 22 I went and had another ultrasound and was told that my ovaries were completely healthy and there was no sign of PCOS. Before I went on the pill at 16 I.
Early indications of pregnancy are not generally perceived, but the modest changes in your body capacity might be telling you something. Here are some signs, which mean, perhaps you are pregnant.
- Missed Period or Late Period: The clearest indication of pregnancy is a missed period. However, a missed period doesn't always mean you are pregnant. If your period is late when your menstrual cycle is quite regular, it might be an indication of pregnancy.
- Swollen breasts: Soreness or shivering in your breasts is one of pregnancy's most basic symptoms. Right on time in pregnancy, the breasts will round out and change shape as they get ready to deliver milk.
- Nausea: Nausea is among one of the most well known symptoms of pregnancy. It's brought about by an increase in the hormone levels. Almost 80 percent of women experience "morning sickness" during the initial three months of pregnancy. For some, this sickness is not just confined to the mornings and may take place throughout the entire day.
- Spotting: After 5 to 10 days of conceiving, light spotting might be found when the embryo implants itself in t"he uterus.
- Enhanced Urine Frequency: If you're pregnant, your uterus puts pressure directly on the bladder prompting more urination. The additional weight and intestinal changes may bring about a blockage.
- Fatigue: Women feel exceptionally tired and drained during pregnancy. Fatigue is one of the primary indications of pregnancy.
- Mood Swings: Avid emotional mood swings occur in women during pregnancy. If your temper is always fluctuating or going up and down, it may be an indication that you might be pregnant.
- Enhanced Sensitivity to Smell: Women during pregnancy develop an enhanced smell sensitivity. Any common or normal smell may seem to be intense and long lasting. This is a genuine signal.
- Darkening of the areolas: Areolas are the circles around your nipples. During pregnancy, due to increased hormone secretion, the areolas become dark and wide. This is a common indication.
- Enhanced Craving For Food: Pregnancy increases the drive for food craving in women. Pregnant women find themselves consuming a huge amount of food, which is abnormal.
- Headache: Headaches due to migraine increase during pregnancy. This is more common during early pregnancy.
- Strange Metallic Taste In The Mouth: Some women may feel an odd metallic taste in their mouth, which may signify pregnancy.
- Constipation: Added pressure on the kidneys and bladder may lead to constipation in pregnant women. This is another indication.
These are some common signs, which may imply that you are pregnant, and should take a pregnancy test soon. For more information, visit your doctor.
I want to make my wife pregnant. Plus confirm the suitable time for it. As we were trying for last 6 months but with no success.
Laser hair reduction is a good option for people who have unwanted hair and want reduction of them. Laser is a blessing for those who are frustrated with waxing, trimming, epilators and other hair removal options like shaving or trimmers. Laser hair reduction in the past was done by machines which use to take long hours as the size of the handpiece was small and area per shot covered was also small. We in our center have the latest technology which has a larger handpiece size and thus covers 10 times the area in a single shot as compared to the smaller handpiece. Since the bigger handpiece has a larger spot size, so no pain sensation is there to the patient. This is really comfortable for the patient and thus patients are very confortable for full body laser hair removal as no paim is there and its done without icing, gels or cooling and thus the comfort zone for the patient is achieved.
I have got a grand son (Born on 01 MAY 2017), his mother is not able to breast feed him, but strangely, the hospital staff, including the Pediatrician advise to feed him with spoon, and were AGAINST feeding with the bottle? Need your Adv. Please.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 5 benefits of breastfeeding:
- Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
- Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
- Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
- Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
- Reduces the risk of obesity: It reduces the risk of allergic diseases and obesity in children during infancy and their life ahead. Barker hypothesis says that there is a possibility of fetal origin of adult diseases, so early obesity may predispose child to diabetes and hypertension in later life which decreases significantly with breastfeeding. Ideal situation is exclusive breast feeding till 4-6 moths followed by a phase of complimentary feeding with breastfeeding and to continue breastfeeding till 2 yrs and beyond. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
Recently have a urine test results show as no bacteria and have a hiv test result show as negative and they took a blood test and it shows normotic normochromic blood picture! still possible to get STD.
We got married before 15 months. My wife had regular period cycle but she didn't get yet. She is supposed to get period by 29 May, but she didn't get. We checked pregnancy test but it came negative. Wat shall I do.
I'm Sonia, 25 years old, I have 6 years old daughter ND my last Period date on 2 Feb 2016 and now I have missed my period ND I have done pregnancy test at home it was negative result. What can I do please help m ND Iam very tried know?
Hi I am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. Moreover have done hpt with first morning urine with two different brand both says negative. It is 16 weeks from intercourse. I t was negative within the time frame and it remained until after 12 hours when I was about fo to discharge the kit. It showed a grey line on one brand. Did a usg again on 20th october almost 4 months after last intercourse it showed only pcod. menses did not occur till now. Before 20th cm was stretchy n egg white but after 28th it has turned into thick and non stretchy Is their still any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to repeat BHCg? Or hpt?
Prolonged exposure to the scorching sun is the sole reason for a sunburn and heat rash.
Sunburn and rashes cause itching and redness on the skin and most commonly affects the face, neck, back or the chest due to exposure to temperature extremes.
Here are some easy and effective home remedies, collected from grandmothers’ recipes, for you to try this summer to treat sunburn and heat rashes:
1. Gram flour (besan):
Gram flour or besan smoothens the skin and acts as a cleanser. It helps to remove the impurities, sweat, and dirt that clog the pores from the skin surface. You can prepare a thick paste of gram flour and water/rose water. Apply the paste on the affected area or rashes and keep it for 10-15 minutes. Wash away with cold water.
2. Baking soda:
Baking soda has antibacterial properties that prevent infections and also help to smoothen the burnt area. Mix half a spoon of baking soda and water. Using a soft cloth, dip it in the solution and gently rub over the affected areas. Rinse after a couple of minutes.
3. Raw potato:
A raw potato is a rich source of starchy compounds and helps to reduce the burning sensation of sunburn/heat rash. It acts as an emollient that softens the skin and reduces the redness. Slice a raw potato and place it on the affected area. Leave the potato slice on for 15 minutes and then rinse the face with cold water.
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants and enzymes that have healing abilities and helps to treat sunburns and rashes. It also acts as an exfoliator to unclog and clear the pores. Slice the papaya and mash it. Apply the paste on the affected area for a few minutes and let it dry. Wash it with cold water.
5. Coconut oil:
Coconut oil is hydrating and therefore helps to nourish the skin. Anti-bacterial in nature, it helps to smoothen the skin immediately and also renews the skin. Apply coconut oil on the rash or affected area and leave it for some time. The skin shall absorb it and get nourished.