Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Udas GhoshYour feedback matters!
He is 40 years old. Having high cholesterol. Too much joint pain. Not able to wake up early morning. Suggest some medicine to cure it. He is not take wine neverit.
Dear Dr. I am 52 years old weighing about 94 kg height of 5'9 and currently on medication for hypertension and cholesterol and blood thinners. To deal with these medicines I have been having a pantocid 20 mg once a day. I have gone through angiogram also no blocks but considering family history I take telma 40 mg avas 10 mg clopilet 75 mg infact should I continue all the above my bp is always around 110/65 or70 and ldl is around 68 to 75 am I over medicating myself due to these medicines I have become an otrivin dependent due to nasal blockage please suggest.
My brother has HDL cholesterol 36mgms/100 ml does it is bad for him . If bad then please tell me the precautions to make it good.
I posted this quesSUBJECT- Regarding transmission of hiv via mosquitoes Res. Sir, I had gone through details given in your ask science. Com site regarding above subject. There are following two versions reg. Mechanical transmission of hiv via mosquitoes in respect of Number of various required to initiate infection- 1. In one answer it is given that usually hiv requires few thousand of various. 2. In other answer reg. Number of mosquitoes required to initiate infection, it is Given that taking average 5 various per mosquito you need 20, 000 mosquito so it Comes as 100, 000 various. So there is variation from 10, 000 to 100, 000. Kindly clarify this with details. Regards A. C. MISHRA Tion early but could not get convincing reply so putting again.
The heart is one part of your body that pumps blood relentlessly; to be grateful to the most important organ, it’s your duty to look after its health. Cardiovascular diseases and heart ailments can be prevented by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to keep your heart healthy:
- Add fiber to your diet: Making fiber a part of your regular diet is a great idea as the heart works best when it runs on natural fuel. You can achieve this by adding more raw fruits and vegetables in your meals as they are an excellent source of fiber and nutrients.
- Engage in physical activity: Your heart is a muscle and to make it healthier, you need some form of physical exercise. Engaging in cardiovascular forms of exercise for an hour daily keeps your heart in good condition. Engaging in physical activity also reduces the risk of getting a heart disease and acts as a stress buster.
- Cut down on the salt intake: The sodium content in salt disrupts the balance of fluids in your body leading to high blood pressure. This can affect the functioning of the heart; that is to pump blood, which is a major cause of a heart attack. So, cutting down on salt can reduce stress and the risks of heart attacks.
- Manage your weight: People on the overweight side run a risk of getting heart diseases more often than fit and leaner ones as they tend to be more inactive and sluggish. The heart diseases caused due to obesity can be avoided by making minor changes to your diet and exercising on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking: If you are a regular smoker, quitting is the best thing you can do for your heart. The main reason for coronary heart diseases is nicotine present in the cigarette. Once, you quit smoking completely, you will be 50% less likely to run the risks of a heart attack as compared to a regular smoker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.