Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tapandev ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
I have open pores on my cheeks chin nose so can I use resurfacing cream to get rid of it? Do it work.
I have some red spots on my cheeks from my childhood. It increases in winter and decreases in summer but remains more or less when I went to Delhi they decreases but when I come back to shimla (my birthplace) they increases again. I have a dry skin and age is 23 years.
Hii sir / madam My hands got tanned due to heat While riding bike 3/4th of my hands are black And shoulders part is normal I started wearing gloves now But how to remove the tan which already occurred.
Our skin undergoes certain changes with age. A lifetime of exposure to the sun, habits such as diet and smoking leads to changes in our skin slowly, as we age. As we get older, the skin does not stay as smooth and firm like before. It may also become drier, thinner and more fragile. As we age, the skin also becomes more prone to bruises, which is a result of a smaller amount support around the walls of blood vessels.
Major changes that can be observed in the skin due to ageing are as follows:
- The skin turns rough
- The skin develops lesions like benign tumors
- The skin becomes slack due to the loss of elastic tissues like elastin and collagen and tends to hang loosely
- The skin gets more transparent with age, which is caused as a result of the epidermis thinning down
- The skin slowly turns fragile. This occurs due to flattening of the area where the epidermis and dermis meet
Photoaging: Over time, the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun cause damage to fibers in the skin known as elastin. Due to the breakdown of the elastin fibers, the skin tends to sag and stretch. The ability to snap back after stretching is lost. The skin gets bruised and tears up very easily and bruises require a longer time to heal. Sun damage shows itself with ageing.
These are the changes, which occur below the surface of the skin because of aging. They include the following:
- Fat is lost under the surface of the skin on the cheeks, chin, nose, eyes (know about to maintain eye health) and temples. This causes loosening of the skin, giving it a bony appearance with sunken eyes.
- Bone loss occurs after attaining the age of sixty, especially around the mouth and chin region. Puckering of the skin in the mouth is indicated.
- Cartilage loss may occur on the nose. This causes the nasal tip to droop down and the bony structure of the nose gets accentuated.
Other changes: Other factors such as gravity, sleeping position and facial movements also cause changes in our skin. When skin elasticity is lost, the eyebrows and eyelids may droop due to gravity. Loosening and fullness of skin is observed under the jaw, cheeks and earlobes. Facial movement lines become prominent with old age and lines appear on the forehead, temples, cheeks and at the root of the nose.
As we become old, several changes in the surface of our skin, as well as beneath the skin are likely. This is natural and occurs in every person. However, proper skin care should be taken, irrespective of your age.
I have a black spot as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for last months but didn't see any changes and also on my face there is the spot were I break the pimples. What I should to remove it.
I am 30 years old, having long and dark hair in my chest and back. How to remove chest hair cheaply?
I am feeling mild pain in last part of abdomen (left side) for the last 5-6 days. What I should do? I am 61 year old. What medicine should take for prostate so that it should not enlarge. At present it is about normal but my father, grandfather had this problem.
I get blacked skin around NY neck portion. How can I cure my black neck portion. Through ayurvedic treatment.
I have dark circle and dark spots on my face which are unable to remove. Please provide a particular solution for this.
My wife is 48 year old. She took estrogen for 3 months from last 2 years. Developed pain and mild edema black spots in left leg. D v t suspected. What should be done?
For last few days, I am feeling some kind of paid at the time of going toilet. I have to do pressure and then there is feel like burn/scratch at the bottom part. Once I got bleeding too. What can be the reasons?
As we age, the fat volume on our face slowly starts decreasing. This results in the skin hanging loose and sagging down. Wrinkles also appear on the surface of the skin. This phenomenon is purely natural and happens to every human being with age. Maintaining freshness and everlasting youth is quite a tough task. Loosened skin does not look good and cuts down your appeal. However, there are some natural ways of skin tightening, which may make your skin maintain its tightness for a longer time period. Nowadays, surgeries for skin tightening are popular, but sticking to natural means is always best for your body.
Here are some common ways of skin tightening:
Facial Masks. Facial masks are effective in removing extra oil from the skin. Accumulated dirt on your skin pores is also cleansed by using facial masks. They are pocket friendly and as an outcome, you look fresh and glowing.
Facial Massages. Good quality moisturizers and special lotions are good for skin tightening. These have to be massaged onto your face in a circular pattern. Due to rubbing of the lotion on your skin, it reaches the inside and provides nourishment. You should preferably apply these creams or moisturizers before going to bed as new skin cells replace existing ones during the night time. The skin is very delicate and proper care must be taken.
Exercise. Exercising on a regular basis is a healthy habit, and it also helps in skin tightening. Women in their pregnancy stages, experience sagging or loosening of the skin. Inversion exercises help in increasing blood flow to a great extent and are recommended for tightening of facial skin. Performing a headstand rejuvenates skin cells. This is because, while doing a headstand the blood flows in the direction of your head.
A balanced diet and plenty of water intake. If you want to maintain tight skin tissue, a proper balanced diet is quite essential. Your diet should comprise of every vital nutrient. Ensure that you are including a sufficient amount of proteins, minerals and vitamins in your diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables account for natural skin tightening. Fibers must also be consumed. Intake of plenty of water is very important for healthy skin. You should drink more than 4 liters of water a day. In case of hot and humid days, the amount should be increased even more.
If you maintain the stated points in your life, you will be able to naturally maintain your skin tightness and keep away from surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I 25 years old girl. I am facing darkcircle under the eyes. So its looking so bad. Please suggest me how do it go out and finish?
Hi Doctor, This is mayuri 27 years old female. I have serious problem of dark circles around my eyes it bothers me very much. I have tried almost many things to get rid of it. I hope you will suggest me something that will work. Kindly help me. Thankyou.
Sagging skin can come about due to sudden and drastic weight loss, as well as the advancement of age. The supple quality of the skin is gradually lost to age as the skin becomes less firm and tight and begins to sag in certain areas. The skin loses collagen and elasticity which holds the connective tissue together, as we lose weight and begin to age. Also, constant exposure to harsh weather conditions including extreme heat or cold can make the skin sag. Further, sagging skin can also point towards poor lifestyle choices. All this makes the skin appear less firm.
So how can you fix sagging skin? Read on to know more:
- Smoking and Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can lead to a dramatic change in your overall looks. One of the foremost ways in which these habits show up is with sagging skin. So it would be a good idea to eliminate smoking and excessive, daily drinking from the menu so that your skin remains younger looking and firmer in the long run. These habits can also make your skin age before time, apart from the other health repercussions.
- Moisturise: Dryness is also a major factor that leads to aging skin. You can switch to a moisturiser that has Vitamin A and C as well as other ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acid, which can make the skin look much younger. These kinds of moisturisers helping in replacing some of the lost collagen as they provide nutrients to let the skin breathe and tighten.
- Supplements: Taking vitamin supplements is also a good way to ensure that the skin becomes tighter. Vitamins like A, E and C are of paramount importance for the skin and these nutrients can make the skin shine with good health. So, you can ask your doctor about taking these supplements in order to make the skin appear tighter.
- Cosmetic Procedures: Injectables like Botox and fillers, as well as laser and other methods used to make the skin smooth, can also make it appear tighter and more firm. You can also go through a minor surgery to remove the sagging skin if there is a notable amount that seems to be dripping down.
- Exercise: Regular facial and body exercises will help in gradually toning the body, which will make the skin more firm as well. This is especially important if you have recently lost a whole lot of weight and are suffering from sagging skin. There are many ways to improve the quality of the skin and diet and exercise are the first steps.