Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tanumay Raychaudhury
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tanumay RaychaudhuryYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Initially the symptoms of hair loss were not that severe but then it became worse. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my hair loss. Our family physician personally recommended Dr Tanumay Raychaudhury. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. I had lost hope, but the hair loss treatment given by him has helped me regain my confidence. He has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
Dr Tanumay Raychaudhury's advice and treatment has helped me immensely. The overall atmosphere in the The Skin Clinic is very soothing. On the very first day he identified my problem. The Skin Clinic was equipped with various facilities. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair loss. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. His hair loss treatment benefitted me to great extent.
The pigmentation was increasing day by day. With the help of his treatment for pigmentation I am feeling so great. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. I found the The Skin Clinic itself quite pleasant. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. The guidance Dr Tanumay gave me has helped me immensely with my situation.
He is one of the best physicians in city. Dr Tanumay with great ease handled my case . Due to my pimples my daily activities were suffering. Both he and staff were very helpful. Almost all doctors suggested peel treatment for it, but I did not wanted to go for it for my pimples. I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my pigmentation treatment. The overall cleanliness in the The Skin Clinic was amazing. The Skin Clinic have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Dr Tanumay has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
The atmosphere in the The Skin Clinic is always so positive and full of life. He is very professional and is a really patient listener. My boss referred me Dr Raychaudhury. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. With the help of his pimples treatment I am feeling so great.
A teenager's worst nightmare is a burst of stubborn acne. Strongly recommend dr Tanumay Raychaudhury as the pleasant, knowledgeable and understanding cure to your problem of acne and pimplesThe friendliness of staff is the best in his clinic The Skin Clinic in Kolkata.
The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from skin diseases, but Dr Tanumay was able to handle it with ease. His guidance helped me immensly. The The Skin Clinic is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of.
Due to my allergy my daily activities were suffering. During the complete treatment program with Tanumay Raychaudhury in The Skin Clinic in rajarhathe always supported and motivated me. Finally with his treatment, I am completely better.
dr Tanumay Raychaudhury provides quality care. He is fabulous forpimples and acne cure treatment.I visited him at The Skin Clinic in Kolkata. Highly recommend him.
Make up alone cannot hide your age. To truly look younger, you may want to shift your focus on anti-aging products and techniques, which are available in plenty of options. However, most people have a fixed mindset that all anti-aging products are expensive while it is not necessarily true.
So, here we have come up with a list of 7 budget friendly anti-aging treatment techniques:
- Microdermabrasion: This process removes dry skin and smoothes skin texture. It also minimizes damage from sun spots and releases trapped oil. Microdermabrasion is an outpatient technique that involves exfoliating and vacuuming the flaky dead skin.
- Chemical Peels: There are a number of different chemical peels available today. The peel most suitable to you will depend on the issues that need to be addressed. A peel involves the removal of the top most layer of skin and exposing the layer below it. This helps remove hyperpigmentation, sun spots and scarring.
- Botox: Botox injections are commonly used to fight the formation of wrinkles and fine lines associated with aging. A botox injection contains purified toxins that do not allow muscles to contract and hence reduce fine lines on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Collagen fillers: Collagen is a protein that keeps the skin elastic and firm. Collagen production is inversely proportional to age. This causes a loss of volume in the face leading to the creation of sunken spots. Collagen injections can be used to fill in these spaces and even out skin levels.
- Latisse: With age you could also lose your eye lashes. Latisse is an effective way to re-grow them and have longer and thicker eyelashes.
- Sclerotherapy: Varicose veins also become more prominent and unsightly with age. Sclerotherapy is the use of saline injections that turns the veins into scar tissue that eventually fades. In some cases sclerotherapy can be carried out by using lasers depending up on the size of the veins and how close they are to the surface.
- Laser resurfacing: This can be used to reduce wrinkles, blemishes and acne scars. It involves focusing short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin to remove layers of skin. Laser resurfacing can be done either with a CO2 laser or an erbium laser.
Depending on the issues being addressed and the effects desired, each of these procedures may need to be performed more than once. This will affect the final price and hence it is essential to understand your treatment options completely before getting started with it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pityriasis rosea is a medical condition concerning the skin, which when contracted causes a rash. This condition can affect people of any age but it is usually seen to occur in people between the ages of 10 and 35. Pityriasis rosea is usually harmless. Read on more to find out all about the different causes, symptoms, prevention and treatments of pityriasis rosea.
Causes: Experts are unsure about the exact reason for the cause of pityriasis rosea. It is very different from other skin diseases as it is not caused due to an allergic reaction or caused due to fungal or bacterial infections. The rash is not contagious.
- Pityriasis rosea forms a rash which begins with a single, oval or round in shape pink patch which is scaly in nature and consists of a raised border. The size of the patch varies and can vary between 2cm to 10 cm in diameter.
- After a few days of the initial infection, salmon colored patches which vary in size from 1 to 2 cm in diameter appear in clusters in the chest, arms, back and abdominal regions.
- The patches which occur in the back often form vertically in an angular fashion such that its appearance is similar to that of a fir tree.
- The affected regions can cause severe itching in almost half the people who are affected by pityriasis rosea. The rash usually is cured in a span of 6 to 8 weeks but in certain cases it can persist for several months.
Treatment: Pityriasis rosea usually does not require any treatment. It usually goes away in the time span of 6 to 8 weeks. Itching can be subdued by using certain skin lotions and lubricants. If the itching is severe, your doctor might prescribe you certain anti-inflammatory medication. Certain antiviral medications also decrease the duration of the rash if they are taken at the beginning of the infection. In some cases exposure to sunlight also cures the rash very fast, but excess exposure to the sun can also cause sunburn and increase the risk of skin cancer. If the rash persists even after 3 months, it is highly advisable to consult a doctor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Lybrate | Dr. Tanumay Raychaudhury speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Acne is a name used for clogged pores caused by over production of sebum (otherwise called whiteheads and blackheads), pimples, knobs, cysts or sores that can show up on the face, neck, shoulders, chest, back, upper arms and upper legs. Most adolescents and many grown-ups experience the ill effects of acne for a period of time. The condition is not confined to any age, race, or sex. It influences a huge number of individuals over the world and most commonly affects adolescents. The most serious issues with acne include the outbreak of pimples and the scars they leave, which makes the face look unpleasant.
Here are a few ways to treat your acne problem:
- Make a cinnamon and honey mask: Honey is sticky, and cinnamon is fiery, and it appears as though they are both things you would want to avoid from getting close to your skin. Yet, while it might sound unusual, honey and cinnamon make an incredible combo with regards to skin inflammation or acne. Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties, so it can prevent microscopic organisms from getting out of control.
- A paste of milk and yogurt: While there is a considerable amount of debate around dairy items bringing about acne on the skin, it appears that milk can improve your outbreak of acne and clear the skin tone.
- Throw together a few egg whites: Egg whites are a simple and reasonable approach to decrease acne and blur scars left by terrible blemishes. The reason people have observed egg whites to be useful for their skin is on account of the fact that they are packed with proteins and vitamins that both battle acne and remake your skin cells.
- Papaya: Raw and plain papaya is an all-common acne cure that evacuates dead skin cells and overabundant lipids from the surface of the skin, leaving it delicate and smooth.
- Blend strawberries and honey: Honey and strawberries are a good solution for acne problems. These ingredients can also be found in exfoliators and scrubs. A mixture honey and strawberries is a purely natural scrub and cleanser.
- Aloe for skin inflammation: Aloe Vera gel can be utilized with different things to battle the problem of acne, however, it really is great all alone also. Not just is the aloe soothing on the skin, it acts as a calming, anti-inflammatory agent that reduces redness and swelling. It additionally has antibacterial properties.
- Dab some lemon juice: Lemon juice can help one in getting rid of acne for various reasons. It is rich in vitamin C, which is useful for all types of skin. It is a citrus extract, so it also exfoliates the skin and keeps it glowing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Not many of us like the image that stares back at us in the mirror. We all would love to have those wrinkles gone, the dull appearance improved, the fine lines disappear, the spots (brown, black, gray, whatever) just vanish. However, they don't. They are all real, but the good news is that they are not here to stay. There are improved methods of producing younger, glowing skin and chemical peels is one of them.
In 2011, it was rated as one of the top 5 minimally invasive procedure with about a million people in the USA going for it to revitalize their skin.
What do they do: You could be of any age or gender, looking for a youthful, glowing skin. Chemical peels definitely are an option for you. The skin is the most exposed part and is prone to damage from sun, pollution and dust. These leave uneven tone, dull skin, wrinkles and spots. In all these cases, a chemical peel can produce a marked improvement. A chemical preparation (solution) is applied on the skin which dissolves and removes the upper layers of the skin and allows for new skin to form. This is younger looking, softer, and smoother with fewer imperfections. The strength of the solution and the duration of application will depend completely on the patient's presenting situation and goals.
Benefits of chemical peels:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles: Unlike creams and serums and lotions, these offer a much faster way to achieving smoother, clearer skin.
- Improves skin tone: The rough, top layers that were exposed to sun are removed, producing skin with improved texture.
- Promotes collagen production: The skin is made to produce more collagen, which results in skin that has better elasticity and glow.
- Eliminates scars from acne: The damage done by acne through scars left behind can be 'peeled' off with a chemical peel.
- Improves damage from sun exposure: Exposure to sun is most harmful to skin, and chemical peels help reduce this damage by removing off the top layers of skin that is affected by constant exposure to sun. Mild dark spots also disappear with a chemical peel.
- Economical: Compared to the expensive creams and lotions that make huge promises, chemical peels are definitely cost effective.
- Quick fix: A session takes about 30 minutes with no need for recovery time.
- Boosts self-esteem: A smoother, glowing skin that is free of spots, wrinkles, and fine lines is sure to improve the person's confidence.
Following are the Indications for Chemical Peels:
- Treatment and Prevention of Acne
- Sun-induced Pigmentation
Chemical peels can be done on face, back, arms and legs, feet. elbows and knees, knuckles to even out pigmentation and smoothen the skin. Post care precautions are simple to follow-up avoidance of direct sunlight for first 4-5 days, strict application of sunscreen and keeping skin hydrated regularly.
A detailed discussion with a doctor about expectations is definitely the first step if you are thinking of going for a chemical peel.
Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough.
Here are some of the skin issues that youngsters face and ways to prevent them:
- Acne: Whether it is blackheads, whiteheads or spots filled with pus, acne affects about 80% of teenagers at some point in their lives. Teenagers are more prone to this problem because the hormone levels during this time are especially high, resulting in an increase in the magnitude of sebaceous glands and the oil that is produced. When too much oil is produced, this, along with dead skin cells block, the follicles, giving rise to acne. There are certain ways in which you can prevent it from occurring, such as always having a bath after any strenuous activity, not picking or touching the problem areas and washing acne-prone spots only two times a day.
- Oily Skin: Oily skin is a very common occurrence during teenage years. To a certain extent, oily skin may be due to genetics but for some, it may be due to hormonal changes that cause excess oil to be produced on the skin surface. In order to not inflame the skin further, individuals with oily skin shouldn't overly scrub their skin as well as not use harsh cleansers to clean the face. More importantly, when you do use a cleanser on your face, you should only do so two times a day. If you go overboard, it would only do more harm than good.
- Excessive Sweating: Excessive sweating is another major cause of concern for teenagers. The problem can be due to two different conditions - stress or hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively on a daily basis). Wearing clothes made from cotton, using antiperspirants as well as avoiding drinks and foods that may cause episodes of excessive sweating are some of the ways in which you can keep the problem in control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.