Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. SuvankarYour feedback matters!
My father aged of 68 years old, healthy life styled person underwent of 2 eyes cataract done in the recent past of 3-4 years past, suddenly complains that his right eye sight has considerably come down without any strong reason. Being myself stationed outside city and would be reaching hometown by this weekend. Now my doubt is that whether any heart stroke effect or neurological effect could a possibility of reason of? Being totally free from diabetics. On regular basis he takes 5mg amlogard bp control tablet. Kindly advice for if any issue to be attended urgently. Regards.
I have eye weakness like, my eyes got red when I watch television or be on phone more than 30 minutes. What should I do?
My eyes is red based on that how can I cure this problem? I tried 10hr sleeping but still it is countiueing how can I remove this problem.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 Eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
I wear contact lens and it is for six months expiration and after one month my eyes are starting to go red for a long while after I take out my contact lens. What should I do. Is there any medicine for this. Or any eye drop.
I am basically a Web/App developer and a student too. I spend about 3-5 hours daily for my part time job but recently I have been sticked with some problem in my eyes. I start having tears in my eye while working on laptop, smartphone or during studies. I recently approached an ophthalmologist and he offered me a Anti-Reflective coating lens with -0.25 D and told me that the problem will be solved. He gave me advice that wear these glasses while working on devices and during studies. But still I am encountering the same problem. Please tell me what could I do as irritation, tears start pouring from my eyes. While writing this issue also I get the same problem. Please tell me the solution to the problem. Any medicine or a home treatment or any precaution or any advice. Please suggest as quickly as possible.
I am 23 years old. I have very weak eye sight of -4. How could I gain the normal eye sight without operation or lens. Should I have a normal eyesight by taking drops or pills? Pls suggest me. Thanks in advance.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.