Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata Mohan BoseYour feedback matters!
Does green tea bad for health? Actually, I google it, and found that green tea causes kidney and liver problem. That's why I'm little bit tensed. please suggest me Ma'am.
Got ultrasound report says Mid calculus hydronephrosis. No stone diagnosed. Regular pain at left lower back, left front and pain at the time of urination. Is this symptom of stone or serious urine infection.
I am a Ckd patient with 5.8 creatine. 20 years back I had a brain stroke and then onwards taking 1 Clopilet A75 daily. Is it harmful for my kidney?
What is the treatment of Kidney disease glomerulonephritis in early stage? And How to diagnose without biopsy? Thank You.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Feeling pain in anus rectum while going for stool and its irritating what inhave to do. It seems like piles.
Hlo, want to know about leukoplakia. Is this also occur on urinary part? Abhi starting h. Doctors ne ye disease bola h. Pls tell me is it really very harmful? M very afraid of.
My mother is complaining of pain while passing stool. She feels like she has rashes/ diane near the rectum or anus. Please suggest what is the best possible treatment. Her age is 61 years and she has never had a history of such problem. No BP or sugar problem. No surgery. She has pain in passing urine as well. She has gall bladder stones and we are thinking of getting her operated as soon as possible.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer,, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Kidneys play an important metabolic role and are essential for balancing salt, minerals and water in the body. They also play a significant role in removing waste products from the body. They make urine, which contains all the waste materials that are eliminated from the body. They also play an important role in blood pressure regulation and in maintaining the balance of various minerals in the body. Any suspected kidney damage should be confirmed by a kidney biopsy, which will reveal the exact disease, thereby directing towards the appropriate treatment.
Why and when is it done?
A renal or kidney biopsy is done in the following situations:
- When there is abnormal protein in the blood or urine, which is indicative of a kidney disease, and the exact cause needs to be found out
- When kidney failure is suggested by blood tests but cause is not clear
- To find the cause of bleeding in the urine (haematuria)
- To identify and/or confirm diagnosis after a CT scan or ultrasound
- To check how well a transplanted kidney has been received
Know about the procedure
A renal biopsy is mostly done as an outpatient procedure and is a type of biopsy known as percutaneous biopsy (biopsy where a needle is inserted through the skin into the renal tissue). Very rarely, it may be combined with the CT scan or ultrasound and be done in the radiology department. This may be done on inpatients. The patient is made to lie on his/her back and a local anesthetic is used on the area of the injection. A thin, long needle is directed towards the area of the kidney from where some kidney tissue is removed for sampling.
In some cases, the direction of the needle may be decided by a CT scan or ultrasound. While this is a closed biopsy procedure, in some cases, as a part of the surgery, open biopsies may also be obtained, where a sample of tissue is extracted for analysis.
Recovering from a biopsy
The person would need some time to recover from the procedure, as there would be some discomfort at the site of a needle insertion. Vital signs would be monitored for the next couple of hours during which the person would also be monitored for internal bleeding. A pain reliever can be used if required. Haematuria or blood-tinged urine can be seen disappearing within the next 12 hours. Very rarely the bleeding can be severe and require angiography and further procedures. The person should also avoid strenuous activities for the next few days. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.