Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata Mohan BoseYour feedback matters!
My son is suffering from urine infection. Doctor says his right kidney size is small due to infection and they suggest a MCS test to check the urine flow below or above, then please tell me a right way. Thanks.
I have problem of frequent maturation since childhood. Now I am 21 but till about 13 I suffered from bed wetting that was cured by homeopathic medicine but the problem of frequent maturation still sustains. Is it diabetes or it may be any other problem? And also sometimes I feel like when I urinate some drops don't come out and when I sneez or cough it comes out. please suggest me possible ways to cure it. Thank you.
What could be the reason for frequent urine infection, burning while urination, frequently urination. I facing this problem again and again since last 6 months .i had done my sugar test which is normal.
Hello. My husband suffering yellow toilet from last 15 days. Recently we given test urine. The results are total bilirubin is 1.2 mg/d, conjugated (direct bilirubin) is 0.2 mg/d, unconjugated (indirect bilirubin) 1.0 mg/d.wat is result of dis.
Hi, I'm 33 years male. Request you to advise me the brand of the condom with no infections. Bcoz my partner is getting urine infection after having sex. She suffered for a week bcoz of the infection. Kindly advice which brand condoms are good to have a better sex with out any infection. Thank you.
An overactive bladder is a condition that is characterized by a problem in the bladder storage function; a problem that eggs one on to urinate frequently. This condition can cause problems in your social and work life. You may isolate yourself from others and feel embarrassed about the situation.
If you have an overactive bladder, you may exhibit symptoms of frequent urination, involuntary leakage of urine and frequent urge to urinate. These symptoms might disrupt your daily life; so it is important to seek advice from a medical practitioner.
To better understand what causes an overactive bladder, you need to know how the urination process works. Urine is produced by the kidneys, which flows to the bladder. During urination, the urine is excreted from an opening in the bladder and flows out via the urethra. As the kidneys secrete urine, the bladder starts to fill up. During this stage, nerve signals are sent to the brain; signals that trigger your body to urinate. The bladder muscles tighten that pushes the urine out of the body.
An overactive bladder results from the involuntarily contraction of the bladder, which might happen even if the content of urine in the bladder is low. These contractions create the urge to urinate. The various causes of an overactive bladder are:
- Excessive fluid intake, if your fluid intake is high, then you may have the tendency to urinate frequently.
- Presence of tumors or stones in the bladder can make the bladder overactive as well.
- Excessive alcohol or caffeine consumption has the same effect as an excessive intake of fluids has.
- Urinary tract infections may interfere with the entire process of urination, thus causing your bladder to swell up and become overactive.
- Other diseases and conditions such as constipation and an enlarged prostate can hamper bladder functioning.
There are multiple approaches to treat an overactive bladder; your doctor may use one or a combination of multiple methods.
- Medications: Medications such as Trospium and Tolterodine help in relaxing the bladder. These medications help treat symptoms of frequent urination.
- Bladder injections: Botox is a protein that is injected into the bladder that causes partial paralysis of the bladder muscles. This helps in treating the constant urge to urinate. However, its effects are temporary as they last for 6-9 months.
- Lifestyle modifications: Certain lifestyle modifications such as incorporating exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles, maintaining optimal weight levels and bladder training to control its functioning can help with managing an overactive bladder.
- Surgery: If the other treatments do not produce the desired results, then surgery is usually recommended. The aim of the surgery is to enhance the storage capacity of the bladder and reduce bladder pressure.