Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subrata BiswasYour feedback matters!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
My MC DATE IS 2nd of every months but from past one month my MC IS NOT CLEAR N NOW IS SECOND MONTH IS ALSO SAME WILL UH GUIDE US WHAT TO DO NEXT N M RECENTLY MARRIED GIRL.
Am 19 weeks pregnant. My baby growth measurement are BPD: 4.3 cm , AC: 13.6 cm , FL: 3.1 cm. May I know total height of my baby at this week and this is proper growth for 19th week?
Hi Doctor, I'm 29 years old married women, Doctor mujhe 2 din se weakness lag raha deep breath lena padta hai vomiting jesa bhi lagta aur sar mai dard bhi hota hai. Please advise.
The presence of blood in urine is known as Hematuria. It is categorized under 2 types:
- Macroscopic haematuria, which means the patient has seen blood.
- Microscopic dipstick haematuria, which means blood is identified by urine microscopy or by dipstick testing either in association with other urological symptoms (symptomatic microscopic haematuria) or during a routine medical examination. It has been variably defined as 3 or more , 5 or more or 10 or more Red Blood Cells (RBCs) per high - power field.
Urological and other Causes of Haematuria
- Cancer: Bladder, Kidney and Prostate Cancer
- Stones: Kidney, Ureteric
- Bladder Infections: Bacterial tuberculosis, infective urethritis Inflammation
- Interstitial Cystitis Trauma : Kidney, bladder, urethra, pelvic fracture causing urethral rupture
- Renal cystic disease: (e.g. medullary sponge kidney)
- Other urological causes: Benign prostatic hyperplasia, vascular malformations
- Other medical causes of haematuria: anticoagulation therapy (e.g. asprin, antiplatelet therapy) Nephrological Causes: more likely in children and young adults, proteinuria; red blood cell casts.
- Urological investigations: Urine culture, urine cytology, cystoscopy, renal ultrasonography and intravenous Urography and CT Urography.
Management of haematuria depends on the cause as determined by the urologist.
Hi My name is Ms. lalwani Mujhe khuch dino sai vagina mai bahut jyada etching ho rhi h orr kaafi dryness feel ho rhi h.After sex mujhe jalan hoti h.Or back mai, vagina,tummy per and face red pimples with white pus nikalte ja rhe h.Suggest mujhe kya karna cahiye and sex karna cahiye ya nhi. Or mai bahut jald hi tired feel karti hu. Pls suggest mujhe kya karna cahiye I am totaly confused.
The human body, like all living forms, goes through a lifecycle. Just as you see a plant from a small tender sapling to a tender tree to an old firm tree to a withering age, where the branches grow weak and gradually break off. The tree finally grows weak, becomes susceptible to attacks by worms and insects, and finally breaks down. The same is true for the human body too. While we always go through the acute diseases due to infections, allergies and accidents, there is a bunch of diseases which affect us for longer durations.
These chronic diseases can be due to various reasons, such as allergic, infective, autoimmune, structural, psychological, physiological, malignant, functional, psychosomatic, iatrogenic and many others.
Homeopathy believes that each chronic disease has its own set of symptoms, many of which are not obvious. It is the entire set of symptoms, which need to be unraveled and treated. Homeopathy believes in providing a holistic cure for the patient, not just the disease that is manifested.
With homeopathy, be ready to look at yourself slightly differently and holistically. Not many would believe that a problem in the lungs or the brain could be linked to watery eyes or skin eruptions. The first discussion with a homeopath could run into a couple of hours covering a wide range of topics including personality type, fears, griefs, weather reactions, food desires, sleep and dream patterns, genetic factors, past sexual life and a lot of physical and emotional parameters.
For someone who is looking for a quick 'medicine' to heal the current problem, this may sound absurd and even irritating. For homeopathy to work, it is important for the patient to understand how it aims to work. It takes a lot of patience and duration for the holistic treatment to take effect. The homeopath needs to identify the 'direction of cure' based on these and monitor it over a period of time. In the initial phase, there could be an aggravation of symptoms, but that will soon subside.
Homeopathy believes in 'like treats like', so soon after the treatment begins, there could be increased symptoms in other, perceived non-related parts. The doctor would usually explain what to expect, so watch out for other erupting symptoms and keep your doctor informed.
One thing homeopathy patients vouch for is the payoff on this patience. Not many would have relapse of the symptoms as they are cured, not just given palliative care. Homeopathy does cure a lot of diseases, in the true sense of the word.
Hi 23 years old I got married on may 1st 2015, on may month I got my periods on 18th but this june month I got my periods so early i. E 6th june, as I never got like thisbefore, please explain whether am pregnant.
I use to suffer from vaginal itching n really some bad smells come from that area. I am a diabetic. Wt is the remedy for this.
Motherhood is a gift and though every woman understands this, only those who are infertile, really yearn for it. There are several reasons why some women aren’t able to conceive a baby naturally. One of the most common reasons is a blocked fallopian tube, in fact; almost 20% of female infertility cases are due to this cause. The good news, however, is that it is treatable.
Fallopian tubes are essentially two pipe like tubes surrounding the uterus that act as a transport mechanism between the sperm and the fertilised egg. If there is an obstruction in any of the tubes, the sperm won’t be able to reach the egg and hence forming an embryo will effectively be impossible.
There are several reasons why fallopian tubes may be blocked:
- Infection: Some of the most frequent cases that doctors witness on day to day basis is of blocked fallopian tubes that are caused due to an infection in the area. These could range from sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: This is an infection of the uterus (womb), ovaries and fallopian tubes, causing tissues to stick together, forming obstructions in your tubes. Severe cases may lead to pus filled abscesses developing in the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- Endometriosis: A condition where parts of your uterus lining grow in other areas besides the uterus, such as fallopian tubes or ovaries.
- Hydrosalpinx: Formation of fluid inside the fallopian tubes is also known as distal tubal occlusion in medical terms. It can be treated through a surgical procedure called salpingectomy. Scar tissue, adhesions and damaged tube ends that may be caused through previous injury or surgery.
If you’re diagnosed with obstruction of fallopian tubes, don’t lose heart. Ask gynaecologist to recommend the right treatment protocol, that will help you to conceive soon. They will conduct a laparoscopy, which is a surgical procedure to look inside your pelvic area and at your fallopian tubes to suggest the necessary course of action. Some of the options may include the following:
- IVF: In vitro fertilisation is one of the most common procedures to help you conceive. It is a non-invasive technique which is safe and effective.
- Tubal surgery: Depending on the position and extent of the fallopian tube blockage, tubal procedures can be done using microsurgical techniques, wherein the blocked or infected portion of the tube is removed and the two healthy ends of the tube are then joined.
- Medication: In cases of infection, over-the-counter medication or hormones may be given to the patient.
Though being a mother is a wonderful feeling, do not consider yourself unfortunate if you can’t conceive. Think of it as an opportunity presented to you, to adopt a child and to make his or her life complete. Motherhood can come in all forms, so be ready to embrace it in any way.