Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subhas RoyYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 6 years old. She is a patient of ahd (size 10mm). My question is which one is the best option either open heart surgery or a device? how long she will be admits in hospital? and what is the cost? please Reply.
Hi my baby girl is 2 weeks old, she is suffering from cold so she is very much suffer to breath, drink milk and sleep, pls advice.
My 15 month old son is constipated. We gave him an oral laxative, still he is not passing stools. It has been the case since a month. Please advise.
Hi. Doctors. Mera beta 6 months old h . Wo chhoti chhoti cheezon se dar jata h jaise kisi ne zor se bol diya ya phr phone ki ring baj jaye to . Ye jab bahr le kr jao to bike ya kisi b gadhi ki awaz se dar jata h. Sote sote b bht darta h . Kya ye normal h aise bache krte hain ya koi prblm h. please koi help kijiye.
3 year abhi mjhe baby ni chahiye. Vomiting ki tarah morning me lgta h food ko dekh k iritation ho rha.
My new born baby doesn't respond to voices and sounds in the normal range. Is it normal for new born babies or should I be worried.
Hai sir/madam I have 8 months baby girl she was doing loose motions daily 8 times last 4 days onwards and fruits mango watermelon giving daily and mother feeding giving and kindly give any suggestions.
My baby is 3.5 months old. She is having low weight 4.7 kg. She is not taking mothers milk. How to increase her weight.
My baby girl is 12 months old. From two days onwards her palm and head is became very hot but no any other parts of body. I gave her the paracetamol oral solution. But there is no change in temperature. Why it is doctor?
My baby is 7 months old. Last week there was pulse polio campaign by govn and unfortunately was not in town and could not give the same to my baby. Now it is not available in any hospital, will this affect my child in future.
अगर बच्चे और जवान शुरूआत से घूमना walking चालू कर दे तो उसे बाद में diabetes डायबिटीज होने का खतरा 50% तक कम हो जाता है,
So keep walking everyday.
Hi my question is what cause phlegm in babies. & what precautions should one take at home for 5 months old babies?
Our baby is 3 months 15 days baby. Doctor say that Pneumococcal Vaccine is necessary for a baby. We are confused whether to take that vaccination. Please suggest whether this vaccine is necessary or not.
Mastitis is primarily an infection that occurs inside or on women's breasts within the first three months after pregnancy. Sometimes the infection can also affect non pregnant women where it is referred to as periductal mastitis.
What are the causes and symptoms of Mastitis?
The most common reason behind such an occurrence is malfunctioning mammary ducts in pregnant women. Milk stasis or blocked milk ducts happen due to irregular feeding sessions, the baby's difficulty in sucking or not being able to attach optimally to the breast for feeding. The other plausible reason is bacterial infection that has somehow entered the ducts through a crack in the nipple area. Blocked milk ducts carry a lot of stagnant milk that provides the most suitable breeding ground for bacterial cultures. Steps must be taken so as not to pass on this bacterium to the baby who depends on breast milk almost entirely for nutrition.
1. It often manifests itself in the form of redness, swelling, pain, fever and exhaustion, resulting from inflammation of the breast tissues and mammary glands.
2. There is also a palpable warmth and tenderness of the breasts, accompanied by a general feeling of malaise.
3. Other common symptoms include lumpy formations, wedges, burning sensation especially during breast feeding.
4. Nipple discharge, body aches and relatively higher body temperatures might also occur in association.
You must consult with your doctor immediately after the appearance of similar symptoms; promptness is advisable when you are pregnant.
What problems does Mastitis cause?
1. Most commonly affecting nursing and recent mothers, Mastitis poses a pertinent problem in breastfeeding as it causes dysfunctional lactation.
2. Mastitis is therefore also as precarious for the new born baby who is left without its primary diet.
3. Doctors often recommend such mothers to continue breast feeding in spite of the disease, after prescribing some antibiotics which usually work in suppressing the infection after a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks.
4. The affected mothers usually feel too tired to take care of their child while suffering from this kind of infection.
1. Avoid wearing tight clothes or undergarments.
2. Regularize breastfeeding schedules; do not stop before 6 months.
3. Encourage your baby to feed especially when you experience of build-up of milk.