Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Somjit GhoshYour feedback matters!
Hello My question is to An Eye specialist. As per a doctor consultation, My wife's one eye is sleeping where her eye vision is not responding well.Doctor said this could get consulted in her childhood.By covering other eye this could work well but now chances are less. So just wanted to know do we have some way? Thanks
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
My son is 14 years old and he has severe eye allergy, I consulted doctor he gave 6 months steroid treatment but again it replaced please suggest a good medicine. Am very tensed.
My eye sight is weak. Number is right-5.25 & left 2.25. I am suffering from eye pain .if I consults to Dr. he said number is ok. But your eyes is dry so you use GENTEAL .BUT my main issue is vision is not clear & recently I changed my lens (crizal)
I have a job related with computer. My problem is my eyes. I have a glass of power +4.75 on left eye and +3.5 on right eye. Which are increases day by day. So, please give me a suggestion how to reduce my power of eye.
Hello my name is vikram my problem is my eyes are always stress and I am always fear in my every day life so help me.
Dr. I am 26 year male, I found that my shoulder at back position getting slightly bend towards front and it shows old man it's still continue 4 to 6 year before 2 years my friends told me that you are like question mark symbol later I din get there words to hear but now a days too many people's are laughing and smiling me that of my health condition and I have fatty belly at front of my stomach so only I bend like this I don't know and I wearing eye sight glass from 2005 ie about still 11 year is it has made me an problem like this I don't know, and my height is 5.2" inch weight 59kg so small and too week condition when other seeing me they told me as like that, how can I get back as normal then how too get permanent solution, and I want to increase my height, weight also what can I do for this? Daily I am depressed my self too, Please please reply me as soon as Dr. Help me.
Last year I got my lasik done. Earlier my power was 8 . Doctor did not did blade free lasik. Its been almost one year. From past two weeks m working on PC nd I feel pain in eyes nd little watery also. Itching also occurs. What to do ?
From the last night my right eye is painting (very little) and today now when I woke up, I found it red (too much red) and I'm having problem. My eye sight is weak and left eye's sight is weaker than the right one. Please give me some suggestions what should I do.
May I know the symptoms of jaundice. Now a days I am getting urine in yellow colour and my eyes are burning. So please tell me the symptoms.
What's the eye 6/9 means. My eye is -1.75. I can't see clear of far person or goods with out lance. Is my eye size is 6/9 please replayRegardsRajiv.
What are the symptoms of conjuctivitis? is moxicip helpful for this or not? tell me the best eye drops for it.
I have pain in whole body and fever My eyes are red and body is too hot Advice me what to do now please Fast do something.
From last 14-15 years I have double vision bt I did not bother. My eye sight is ok yet. What is it nd what should I do?
I have headache and a little fever you tool medicine also I have little red eye also what should I do?
Mujhe three days se chicken pox ho rhka hai aur right eye kl se red ho rhki hai .aur aj eye ball ke uper grey line se outline ho rhka hai .i m so worried please hlp.
Diabetes is the condition where the blood glucose levels in your body tend to be quite high and can have an adverse effect on many of the organs in your body. The eyes are no exception and can be quite adversely affected by diabetes as well.
Let's look at the various problems you could face if you have diabetes:
1. Blurry vision: Diabetes can cause the lens in the eye to swell and this will affect the way you see. Because of the increased lens size, the eyes have difficulty in focusing on objects resulting in blurry vision. You will have to get your blood sugar levels back to normal and only then the vision will begin to correct itself. This will however take time to happen.
2. Cataract: Blurry vision for an extended period of time which progressively gets worse can be a symptom of cataract. Although cataracts can develop even with normal patients, they tend to accelerate and happen earlier in adults who have diabetes. Cataracts are usually fixed with surgery where the natural lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens.
3. Diabetic retinopathy: Diabetic Retinopathy and Retinal Detachment are one of the leading causes of blindness in adults who suffer from diabetes. The retina is a very important part of the eye which allows us to see the images by capturing light and then sending them to the brain via the optical nerve. With diabetic retinopathy the smaller blood vessels in your retina may get damaged and thus end up causing damage to your vision. This can be of three types:
- Proliferative Retinopathy: In this condition very small blood vessels grow from the surface of the retina. The retina is the film at the back of your eye , and the tiny blood vessels are capillaries. These growing blood vessels are very delicate and bleed easily. If you have had diabetes for years your retinae may develop this condition. As the retina is damaged by diabetes, the diseased retina releases special growth chemicals. These chemicals make tiny blood vessels grow: these are called 'new blood vessels.
- Background Retinopathy: Background or nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) is the earliest stage of diabetic retinopathy. With this condition, damaged blood vessels in the retina begin to leak extra fluid and small amounts of blood into the eye.
- Maculopathy: The macula is the central area of your retina. It is responsible for all your sharp vision, such as used for watching TV or reading. It can become damaged in diabetes, with leaks developing (oedema).
4. Glaucoma: This is a condition where fluids build up inside the eye and it results in the pressure within it building up. This may damage the blood vessels within the eye and cause vision changes. Problems within the eye may not be detected till you experience vision loss. Some of the symptoms of glaucoma may include:
- Blurry vision
- Watering from Eyes
- Difficulty in vision
- Pain in the eyes
- Lights appear to have halos
Treatments: Blurry vision also tends to go away slowly once the level of blood glucose is controlled either via medicines or by diet changes. However, glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy may require a range of medicines to ease the pressure on the eye or to discharge fluid buildup. If none of these works, then relevant surgery may be required to resolve the problems.